Author Topic: Kareem Rush = Future superstar.  (Read 1077 times)

acbaylove

Re: Kareem Rush = Future superstar.
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 10:41:54 AM »
And we traded him for a 2nd rounder. 8)

GYeah!! Go Mitch!!

We did it for his good...He wouldn't develop EVER playing behind Kobe. Mitch did it out of good-will for Rush, you think he gave a fuck about that pick?

Mitch's job last time i checked it is Los Angeles Lakers GM, not Kareem Rush's personal agent. That trade was pretty stupid, and if the kid will develope into a good player, this trade will be remembered how one of the most moronic in Mitch's career. Matter of fact it's already in the top-5, if you ask me..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 11:13:15 AM »

GYeah!! Go Mitch!!

We did it for his good...He wouldn't develop EVER playing behind Kobe. Mitch did it out of good-will for Rush, you think he gave a fuck about that pick?

Mitch's job last time i checked it is Los Angeles Lakers GM, not Kareem Rush's personal agent. That trade was pretty stupid, and if the kid will develope into a good player, this trade will be remembered how one of the most moronic in Mitch's career. Matter of fact it's already in the top-5, if you ask me..

LMAO...You're a hater. You think I like the trade? HELL NO, you fuck. Kareem Rush was my second player on the Lakers behind Kobe. Mitch Kupchak is not looking out only for his own interests, he's known to look out for his players as well. Rush would serve no purpose to the Lakers behind Kobe, it'd stunt his growth tremendously, which already happened his first 2 season with LA...When Mitch traded Rush, he said that Rush was a tremendous talent that would become something, but unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to grow on the Lakers...Keeping a player like Rush on your team when you're only gunna play him 5-15 minutes is extremely selfish and unfair. Rush was unhappy, Mitch was thoughtful and helped him out...He already has developed into a good player, but if he develops into a superstar, it'll only be because he was traded to a team where he was able to grow and showcase his talent...Get it?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 11:14:25 AM »
i doubt rush will ever be a franchise player or superstar.
i do think he can be a very solid player though but IMO any team that builds a franchise around a kareem rush is in for some trouble

I was envisioning something like an Okafor/Rush/Felton/May era for the Bobcats, with Rush being the main scorer and star.

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 11:54:28 AM »

GYeah!! Go Mitch!!

LMAO...You're a hater. You think I like the trade? HELL NO, you fuck. Kareem Rush was my second player on the Lakers behind Kobe. Mitch Kupchak is not looking out only for his own interests, he's known to look out for his players as well. Rush would serve no purpose to the Lakers behind Kobe, it'd stunt his growth tremendously, which already happened his first 2 season with LA...When Mitch traded Rush, he said that Rush was a tremendous talent that would become something, but unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to grow on the Lakers...Keeping a player like Rush on your team when you're only gunna play him 5-15 minutes is extremely selfish and unfair. Rush was unhappy, Mitch was thoughtful and helped him out...He already has developed into a good player, but if he develops into a superstar, it'll only be because he was traded to a team where he was able to grow and showcase his talent...Get it?

This is one of the most moronic post i've ever read. So your theory is that if you have a young promising player like him you should send him for free to another team who can keep the faith in him and give him a good minutage just cause you care about him? Sounds like old school Clippers, to me. If you got a good player, you should lock him, and it's Phil's job to find him a good role/minutage. Following your theory we should trade Bynum to Charlotte for a second rounder to let him play 20 minutes per game. Or Wafer to Atlanta. Or Walton to Golden State. Are you fucking crazy? Mitch made a fucking mistake. Just admit it and stop making nonsense with your bullshit theories.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 12:41:30 PM »

GYeah!! Go Mitch!!

This is one of the most moronic post i've ever read. So your theory is that if you have a young promising player like him you should send him for free to another team who can keep the faith in him and give him a good minutage just cause you care about him? Sounds like old school Clippers, to me. If you got a good player, you should lock him, and it's Phil's job to find him a good role/minutage. Following your theory we should trade Bynum to Charlotte for a second rounder to let him play 20 minutes per game. Or Wafer to Atlanta. Or Walton to Golden State. Are you fucking crazy? Mitch made a fucking mistake. Just admit it and stop making nonsense with your bullshit theories.

My bullshit theories? It's not a theory, Mitch said that himself when the trade was made. The Laker organization even commented about wanting Rush to get playing time and develop elsewhere. You are the one making moronic posts...Rush can't play on the court with Kobe. They almost play the EXACT same game. Rush isn't gunna get ANY minutes behind Kobe, EVER. In fact, if Rush was still with us, he'd be averaging the same stats as he was 2 years ago...The Lakers didn't want an unhappy player with a great amount of talent sitting on the bench 90% of the time. In return, we got Ronny Turiaf and Von Wafer, which is better than just cutting him (though I still HATE the trade, for my own selfish reasons)...Now, I have no idea why you brought Bynum into this, he's supposed to be our big-man of the future, not of now...LOL. Your analogies are dumber than your thoughts... :-\

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 03:05:03 PM »
yeah they traded him for his own good, they had no use for him with Kobe on the team

he is the kind of player that gets a lot of minutes and plays good and if he's on the bench he will have ups and downs, why the fuck even dwell on this trade?

if he stayed with the Lakers he wouldn't have been anything special anyways

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »
You guys are stupid as hell. Check the date.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2005, 12:28:15 PM »
Kareem Rush --- Great Potential....no ways around it

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 07:23:05 PM »
Another nice night for Rush...

20 points on 8-12 shooting (3-5 from downtown), 1 rebound, 1 block. 8)

Future lookin' bright for the kid...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 07:10:04 PM »
yeah they traded him for his own good, they had no use for him with Kobe on the team

he is the kind of player that gets a lot of minutes and plays good and if he's on the bench he will have ups and downs, why the fuck even dwell on this trade?

if he stayed with the Lakers he wouldn't have been anything special anyways

yeah, pretty much
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 10:06:04 PM »
I'm a huge Rush fan, and probably one of the only Australians to own his jersey, but he aint no Superstar. NIK I think you have trouble seeing clearly what a Superstar is, especially if you seriously believe Kaman will be a 'Superstar' and Nazr will be a 'Superstar'. Rush should be able to average 20pts a season one day, but he is no Superstar, and definately not a Franchise player, what a joke... cmon man, apply reality... :laugh:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 11:13:50 AM »
I'm a huge Rush fan, and probably one of the only Australians to own his jersey, but he aint no Superstar. NIK I think you have trouble seeing clearly what a Superstar is, especially if you seriously believe Kaman will be a 'Superstar' and Nazr will be a 'Superstar'. Rush should be able to average 20pts a season one day, but he is no Superstar, and definately not a Franchise player, what a joke... cmon man, apply reality... :laugh:

Ummm...Rush EASILY has what it takes to develop into a star player. I do NOT have any trouble seeing what a superstar is, Rush has what it takes. Excellent range, consistant 3-ball, nice mid-range jumper, strong drive to the hoop, defense, ability to score at will when he's heated up...This guy has a hidden talent. He has the ability and athleticism. He's still young, and he's been immensely improving his game ever since I started this thread. 49% from 3-point range is nuts...Kareem has been pretty much playing the most minutes on his team and leading the offense for the past few games. Raymond Felton is supposed to be their next franchise player, but I honestly see a lot more potential in Rush to play great than in Felton...Also, Kaman EASILY has what it takes to surpass Brad Miller, who has consistantly been an elite center in the league. Nazr Mohammed will not be a superstar, but he does have what it takes to bring in 20-10 every night if he puts in the effort to get himself there...That alone is enough to label someone a superstar...Rush is gunna be something, that's all I'm saying...PeACe

PS...What is it that brought you to be a Rush fan?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 11:14:24 AM »
BTW

Kareem Rush>>Trevor Ariza

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 07:11:24 PM »
I loved him from his first day as a Laker as he was a 'no one', but I saw glimpses of hope. Same way I started out liking Kyle Korver and Trevor Ariza...

Ariza does not have a polished game, but he is still very young. His defence is better than most with years and years of NBA experience, and he finishes above the rim like crazy...

Good to see you had to find some negative to shoot me down with... but Ariza is going to be a special player, the kid is just nuts...

I still remember watching Lakers/Wolves WC Finals when Rush went nuts, I had messages and phone calls from heaps of mates coz they all knew me as the 'Rush fan', what a proud day it was...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 01:37:07 AM »
Don't get me wrong, UCLA fan here...I like Trevor Ariza, I just think Kareem Rush has more chances of making an all-star team sooner...