Author Topic: THE ALAMO...  (Read 397 times)

GoodLuvn169

THE ALAMO...
« on: April 12, 2004, 06:50:31 PM »
It was very well told, and a good movie.  There isnt a whole lot of action, but there was definitly a unique feeling to it.  Ive seen the original and i liked both of them.  Davy Croket was a strange character.  I think Billy Bob Thorton did a good job.  Not the best movie ive seen this year, but definitly praise worthy.  LMAO at the last battle.  ;D

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:THE ALAMO...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 08:01:53 PM »
it bombed in the first week of the box office.

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 09:34:16 PM »
good movie...i didn't know much about the alamo so i was pretty lost lol...probably gonna go watch it agian when i know all the facts

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 09:35:27 PM »
Everybody's in an uproar because the mexicans come out looking like Bitches in the film.  

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 07:24:23 PM »
Everybody's in an uproar because the mexicans come out looking like Bitches in the film.  
I havent heared any uproar over it.

bez

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 12:43:48 AM »
Watched the original the other day, thought it was quite a good movie but I doubt I would wanna go and actually peep this film.  What are Disney playing at making a film like this, surly they know it wasn't gunna do amazing at the box office yet they out so much finance into it, dumbasses.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 01:20:23 PM »

LOL... learn your history, we won the battle at the Alamo.

The uproar comes because that battle became the battle cry of the Amer.... I mean Texans. If you go to the Alamo's movie website, they give history for the Amer... I mean Texans point of view, so if anyone needs a quick history review, that's a place to start. My opinion, well that can wait another day.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 10:45:22 PM »
^ M Dogg, please, just stop replying in threads I post in, you assume shit that's totally wrong.  I know you won the war.  I'm white.  I know all about the Alamo.  Please believe that.  Since I was 5 I heard stories about how the Mexicans won at the Alamo.  

As such a strong nationalist, I'm sure, though, that you'll agree they made the mexicans look like a bitch in that movie.  Watch the movie, and you'll know what I'm talking about.  I didn't say the mexicans were bitches, I said they MADE the mexicans LOOK like bitches IN THE MOVIE.  

Some mexicans need to master the english language before they read my words.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 12:42:15 PM »
Sorry, I also didn't know that Mexico won the war, after all, Texas is part of the U.S. know. Honestly, I have hear no uproar, or even cared about an uproar. My honest opinion is I don't care about the movie Alamo. I'm going to see it next week with some friends, so I'll have some type of opinion. And if they make the Mexicans out to look like bitches, fine, it's not the first time.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 09:49:20 PM »
Saw it a few days ago with a friend...was not that impressed by it.  It took way too long for the fighting to start, and it seemed like once it did, the fighting was very short lived.

PS: I'm back. . . . .

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 10:00:13 PM »
The mexicans did lose the war...but not the battle at the Alamo.

After 3 consecutive victores for Mexico ...Santanna got cocky and became a dick.  After they surrendered at another battle....Santanna decided to still attack them. This of course pissed off many Americans.  Santanna decided to send most of his soldiers back to mexico and the few left decided to to to take a rest and invite ladies over from Mexico to have a lil fun. That nite of the "siesta"...they were attacked.  AFter killing every mexican soldier...Santanna was still on the run. Eventuall they captured Santanna and gave him the option sell Texas to the U.S or have them execute him (not too sure about this).   The Mexican government did not approve anything santanna was upto

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 10:03:43 PM »
Thats what happens when military leaders become arrogant and too damn cocky.

Actually, there was one thing I did like in the movie.  When the Americans attacks Santanna at his camp site...the one soldier dove over a small barricade or something and tackled a mexican soldier...that was pretty funny.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 10:06:52 PM by Xearo »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 10:07:54 PM »

Actually, there was one thing I did like in the movie.  When the Americans attacks Santanna at his camp site...the one soldier dove over a small barricade or something and tackled a mexican soldier...that was pretty funny.

so then its not just the alamo? Interesting.   Did they show the Mexicans weaponless?

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 10:12:08 PM »

so then its not just the alamo? Interesting.   Did they show the Mexicans weaponless?

No, the mexicans were definitly armed.  They knew the Americans were within 2 miles of them and headed for them.  However, like you said, Santanna was too cocky and didn't expect the Americans to attack like they did.

The Americans came out of a forest area extremely fast w/ foot soldiers and cavalry.  The Mexicans were shooting at them, and killing a few as well.  However, the Americans simply overtook them with overwhelming force and quickness....it said in the movie that the battle in actual history lasted for 18 MINUTES.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 11:18:59 PM »
This movie looks boring as fuck