Elements > Album Review

DJ Quik - Rythm-al-ism

(1/10) > >>

That_Cracka_J:
DJ Quik – Rhythm-al-ism

1. Rhythm-al-ism…Tight ass production.  Electric guitars are a nice touch.  Quik flows his ass off.  My only complaint is the track is too short.  4/5
2. We still party…Soft, laidback production.  Quik lays down some hella tight verses.  Dionne Knighton sounds perfect on the hook.  5/5
3. So many wayz…Quality production matched with tight verses from Quik and all guest artists.  A+ hook.  4/5
4. Hand in hand…Soft production, almost R&B-ish.  It fits the song well though.  Hook sounds great.  3.5/5
5. Down, down, down…Weird production, but it still sounds good.  Suga Free’s verse stands out as the best on the song.  3.5/5
6. You’z a gangsta…Smooth laidback production.  He squashes the beef with MC Eiht here.  Great lyrical content.  Catchy hook.  4.5/5
7. I useta know her…The beat is too fast.  Still, Quik keeps his flow consistent with the fast-paced production and has some interesting lyrics, then you forget how fast the beat is.  3.5/5
8. No doubt…The beat gets your attention right off the jump.  You can’t help but nod your head to it.  Playa Hamm and Suga Free appear.  Suga Free lays down another hella tight verse.  4/5
9. Speed…The beginning of the track promises to be a tight beat, but then it changes up into another fast beat.  Quik flows well, but the beat is just too fast.  3/5
10.   Whateva U do…Straight R&B flavored track, and damn, it sounds great.  Quik sounds comfortable as hell flowing to the beat.  Dionne Knighton provides another bomb ass hook.  4.5/5
11.   Thinkin’ bout U…Nice laidback beat.  Verses are average, but the smooth production really make it worth listening to.  4/5
12.   El’s interlude…El DeBarge is featured here on a 4 minute R&B track.  It’s a smooth track, but you really have to be in the mood to listen to it.  3.5/5
13.   Medley for a “V” (The pussy medley)…A long track featuring many guest artists including Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg.  Quik’s on the last verse spitting his rhyme backwards???  Smooth production.  3.5/5
14.   Bombudd II…Jamaican sounding track.  Boring track, nothing worth hearing.  1/5
15.   Get 2getha again…Features 2nd II None, AMG, El DeBarge, and Hi-C.  Good beat and decent lyrics.  3.5/5
16.   Reprise (Medley for a “V”)…outro

OVERALL…4.25/5

This album is just littered with quality tracks.  Only one track gets a perfect rating, but nothing is worth skipping except for  “Bombudd”, which is basically an interlude anyway.  The guest artist deliver on almost every track they appear on, and Quik never disappoints on the mic.  Consistent production and flow from Quik.  

Sikotic™:
I agree with that review for the most part. My favorite Quik album and I think his best work.

Nice Review mayne

Dr._Funkenstein:
I love this album! Songs like "So Many Wayz", "I Useta Know Her" or "No Doubt" show how versatile DJ Quik is as a producer.

LAZY:
dam i gotta get this cd again i lost mine b4 it use 2 b 1 of my favorites til i lost it

AlerG:
this is the only quik cd i have...and i've been happy with the pruchase...i'd give it a 3.75/5.

peace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version