Author Topic: Just bought the worst DVD ever...  (Read 252 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Just bought the worst DVD ever...
« on: April 15, 2004, 07:22:48 AM »
Alright, I was scanning eBay one day last week for some DVD's and I found a few copies of Snoop's ''Bo$$ Playa: A Day In The Life Of Snoop Dogg'' film. They were all going really cheap (I should've taken this as a sign!) for a fairly new release and I couldn't understand why, so regardless I put a small bid on one copy and ended up winning. Today it arrived so I popped it into my PS2, with my expectations not particularly high. However, I was at least expecting some half decent entertainment for the next hour or so - even if it was a supposedly small budget release. All I can say is: oh....my......God. It was possibly one of the worst ''films'' (the DVD actually refers to it as a ''Gangsta musical'', lol) I have ever had the misfortune of watching. I consider myself a Snoop Dogg fan, but this was ridiculous. The feature film is all of 20 minutes long (wasn't timing but that seems about right) and I can sum it up to you like this: Snoop goes to that pimp Don Magic Juan's spot where he supposedly gets sucked off by some chick, he heads over to E-White's neighbourhood to buy some weed, gets ''sucked off'' again and then he heads home to have a barbeque....that's it. And Snoop seriously needs to stop with this pimp shit. You should hear the conversation he had with Don Juan, something along the lines of ''Ooh Wee, pimpin' all on the bitch Chuurch, pimp all on her. I'm the playa of the game chuurch, can ya diggit?''. Yup, something like that. Oh yeah, and in between there are some cheap (sorry, ''street'') music videos. What's funny is that its called a ''Day In The Life Of Snoop Dogg'' but it jumps from mid-day to late evening within the space of a minute. And like I said, my expectations were NOT high, but at this point the DVD seemed like nothing more than a nasty cash-in. So I attempted to remain optimistic and tested out the bonus features. The live show on the disk is the MTV ''$2 Bill'' special and is annoyingly still censored, as are the music videos (although I wasn't exactly at the chance of being able to play the ''Beautiful'' video AGAIN). Finally, there is a making-of feature for ''Beautiful'' which is narrated by some dude who I suspect doesn't even know Snoop as he neither interviews him or Pharell, but shoots alternate footage from the side lines as the video is shot. ''Making the Video'' it ain't.

Its a sad state of affairs when a Snoop fan buys a brand new Snoop DVD for £5.50 (around $10) and feels not only ripped off but the need to sell the thing on. Its THAT bad! :-\

Anyway, that's my rant over! ;D  
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

bez

Re:Just bought the worst DVD ever...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 08:52:54 AM »
Same with most films like that dogg.  THA EASTSIDAZ is the same.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 09:42:47 AM »

Exactly! ;D

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 10:15:03 AM »
Yeah, I skipped Tha Eastsidaz movie. Saw the trailer on the ''Welcome To Death Row'' DVD, had a quick laugh at Snoop's ''acting'' abilities, then decided that there was no way that I would pick that one up. I'll stick to their albums, thanks! ;D

Then again, you know Snoop's acting is never really going to be up to much. Only movie I've actually liked him in is ''The Wash'' and that is simply because its quite funny in places, plus I haven't been to see ''Starsky and Hutch'' yet so I can't speak on that one. I think the main reason I was dissapointed with ''Bo$$ Playa'' was because of how damn short it was - although it is good for comedic value.

One thing I think is funny is that in all Snoop's movies, he essentially plays himself. In ''Baby Boy'' he is Snoop Dogg as ''Snoop Dogg the Gang Banger''. Same applies to ''Tha Eastsidaz'' I'm sure. In ''The Wash'' he's Snoop Dogg as ''Snoop Dogg the Car Wash assistant''. You just can't buy him as a different character, or at least I can't anyway. Still, he's getting paid for it but I think he should spend more time focused on getting his rapping back up to scratch ;)
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 11:24:24 PM »
Damn thats disappointing.  I thought "Tha Eastsidaz" was really cheesy, but it was OK.  From what you described, this DVD sounds like its in the same caliber as "Tha Row Killa" which is like 10 minutes long.  I really feel like I got raped when I payed 15 bucks for that piece of shit.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 06:51:23 PM »

It might have been wack, but it was near classic compared to "Boss Playa".. lol

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 08:37:39 AM »
C'mon ya'll trippin, I enjoyed Tha Eastsidaz.. it was funny lol, mostly because of the horrible acting.

Boss Playa is horrible tho

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 01:37:16 PM »
if yall wanna see some terrible acting check out Thicker Than Water w/ Mack 10 & Fat Joe.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare