Author Topic: Bond to return as a school boy  (Read 194 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Bond to return as a school boy
« on: April 12, 2004, 08:51:40 AM »
James Bond, the nation's most famous fictional spy, is to return next year for a new mission - as a teenager.
Set in the 1930s, the books will tell the story of the future 007 and his schoolboy adventures at Eton, the Independent newspaper reports.

Actor and novelist Charlie Higson - best known for his work on TV's The Fast Show - has been commissioned by Penguin Books to write the prequels.

The first book is under way and is due to be published in March 2005.

Higson, 45, is reported to have described the chance to write about a teenage James Bond as "too good an opportunity to turn down".

He said: "I've grown up with Bond, and while I've had to finally accept that I'll never play him in the films, writing about him is even more exciting."

The first book will see the schoolboy Bond travel to a Scottish castle, where, according to Penguin, a wealthy American has been conducting "some very disturbing experiments".

It will also describe his struggle to come to terms with the deaths of his parents in a skiiing accident - an event often alluded to in Fleming's books.
bbc

i guess this spin off has come about after the success of harry potter, but i don't think it will do anything positive to the legacy of bond.

on a side note pierce broslin has criticised the makers of bond for focusing too much on special effects and not enough on good plots recently which i would agree with, he has also said they've been leaving him in the dark for the next bond film which he is supposed to star, but who knows now. even tho he is getting on a bit he has baught bond to a new generation and has played him well probably my favourite bond connery second
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 08:52:08 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Bond to return as a school boy
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 09:01:04 AM »
just a thaught this would probably be just like gadget boy was in comparisment to inspector gadget. inspector gadget was my favourite cartoon when i grew up, gadget boy was shit

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 11:26:32 AM »
wtf, I dont want to see some teenager bond!  >:(

bez

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:50:48 PM »
YUK!

I hate all the new bond films, the effects and that shit piss me off.  I am in the same boat as Brosnin, I hate all the new shit....stories seem to be getting left behind in order for super effects and huge gadgets to take center stage.  The good thing about all the old Bond films where that the stories would be dope, the acting would be dope, the girls would be amazing (granted, they still are) and the devices and gadgets used would also be dope and they would assist in the storyline but now the stories just seem to be the same and its borrrrring.

Moore and Connery.  Easily the best Bond actors.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 02:31:46 PM »
^^ no doubt right there

all the newer ones suck.  old ones are 10000 times better, the chick's names were better too.. "Pussy Galore" "Octopussy" lol.. my favourites are probably Octopussy, Goldfinger, and a View to A Kill.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 03:56:23 PM »
The man with the golden gun is my all time favorite.

James Bond Jr.  remember that show?  that''s waht this soudns like to me; James Bond Jr. The Movie.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 04:02:34 PM by Go Go Yubari »

-KIDRENEGADE-

Rain

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 05:07:09 AM »
doubt they'll be stupid enough to turn the young bond books into movies, it'll be especially be shit if they start putting young versions of jaws/oddjob/baron/dr.no in the books.

and if bond is too young you loose one of his best fuckin traits - womanizing
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 05:07:34 AM by Rain »
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke