Author Topic: UCSB vs. UCSD  (Read 258 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
UCSB vs. UCSD
« on: April 18, 2004, 02:53:24 AM »
I narrowed down my choices to these two.

I considered the facts: UCSD Is more academic, more intense, more populous, and higher-ranking thant UCSD is. However, it's further from home than UCSB (About 1 hour further), and there's more traffic on the way there and from there. UCSB is RIGHT by the beach, actually part of the beach is ON campus. UCSB also has a freshwater lake withing the boundaries of campus and the students are more open-minded and liberal, and the school has a long-standing reputation of a "party school". This reputation is becoming less accurate because UCSB has become more academic in the last several yeas. I actually visited both campuses, and i CAN't MAKE UP MY MIND.

If anyone has gone or is currently attending either one of the universities, i need some word of advice to hopefully help me make a choice. THanks in advance
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Woodrow

Re:UCSB vs. UCSD
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 03:09:33 AM »
I had some GREAT times with some girls from UCSB... They really made my spring break.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 01:37:10 PM by Krayze-Eyez Killah »

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 04:21:40 AM »
i go to ucsb.. and i absolutely love it here.. the campus being on the beach is pretty much unbeatable.. from a lot of the classrooms you have views of teh beach and the ocean.. that freshwater thing ur talking about is the lagoon..from my apartment , its a one block walk to the beach, i sometimes just smoke blunts at the beach, its so relaxing..
and the party scene here is just absolutely ridiculous, we were rated like top20 party school by the college board. if you guys heard about DEL PLAYA, you will know wassup.. just house parties after house parties, with everyone having kegs...and thousands of people just walkin around the isla vista neighborhood at night just hittin up party after party..if you have a friend that has beachfront property then its chill as fuck.. we sometimes drink at a friends house who lives ocean side, and has a complete view of the ocean, and when ur just drinkin/smokin on the balcony, all the waves are crashin underneath the balcony.. its crazy as fuck..  halloween is probably the craziest here.. most college students try to make it to UCSB for this night.. this past year we had about 50,000 people in our neighborhoods partyin it up (and that was a low show up too, because of the rain earlier that day)..
the students are UCSB are very chill and open minded.. a lot of them dont really start trouble and theyre all just lookin for a good time.. everyones pretty super chill here..
like seriously.. ive heard everyone talk about how theyre so bored at school and what not.. but i seriously dont really find a dull moment while in UCSB. and theres tons of chicks here..
and i live in Isla vista, the neighbrohood right next to school, and theres like so many family owned restuarants around that i never have to cook.. the food is fucking good..and dude a lot of the restaruants are open 24 hours.. and deliver till like 4am.. and its crazy as fuck.. even the liquor stores deliver.. you want alcohol ? delivered. you want cigarettes? delivered. you want swisher sweet blunts? delivered.
and there are very nice places in SB like downtown, which kinda reminds me of 3rd street promenade in LA , although its not as crackin.. but same atmosphere kind of..

« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 04:27:56 AM by justin718 »

JTSimon

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 09:35:50 AM »
I got accepted to UCSB/UC Davis but didn't feel like going up there  ;D

Hell if you got into UCSD you better go  >:( ;) ;D congrads.

If my english SAT scores weren't so average thats where I would be right now.

hector

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 12:08:14 PM »
if your smart you would go to a junior college first to get your GE's done. its eazier and a helluva lot cheaper.  Plus you could go to JC in Santa Barbara, and then transfer to Daygo, or vice versa.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 12:29:59 PM »
bot campuses are near beaces and hella accesible, I am debatin wether not I continue my transfer to State or transfer to UC Berkely right now....I would say go UCSD, but all UC schools have tat fucked up quarter system, I live in daygo so I owuld most likely choose UCSD, I too have toured both campuses and UCSD was more my type

-KIDRENEGADE-

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 01:39:10 PM »
Justin-

You ever eat at that sushi place called Todai? I spent some time down there durring my break... It was a a REALLY nice time.

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 01:49:17 PM »
Justin-

You ever eat at that sushi place called Todai? I spent some time down there durring my break... It was a a REALLY nice time.

;D My friend is a waiter there (William T.)

We Fly High

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 02:17:13 PM »
they have a Todai in SB? i never ate at a Todai here.. but ive eaten at them back in bay area and shit..
that shit is crazy though/. what is it? like a 27$ buffet or some shit..
and u can eat tehre free if its your birthday..
thats their fucking gimmick
everyone bring all their friends to todai on their birthday just so they can eat for free , and everyone else gotta shell out like 27 bones.. WACK.
i used to be able to not eat that much so it wasnt really worth it..
but now im pretty sure i can scarf my moneys worth down..

The Ghost When I Zone Off

• 'G'
  • whatup whatup whatup whatup
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 02:19:09 PM »
if you guys heard about DEL PLAYA, you will know wassup
8) I've had some good times around there.
aka Gas and a Match aka Don't let your girl in the club or we're all gonna fuck her!

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2004, 03:21:31 PM »
justin, thanks for the info, but i wanna know if i'm gonna get a good education at UCSB if i want to, i don't only care about parties and a good time, although that's something i'd like once in  a while. Anybody have anything to say about how UCSD compares to UCSB that i havent mentioned in the first post?
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004, 05:05:22 PM »
USCD is probably better academic wise, but UCSB sounds like a better time.  I dono, thats my opinion, I've visited both places, and UCSD seems more chill and calm, while UCSB seems pretty crazy.  My sister went to UCSB and came home a raging liberal, so I dono what the fuck she was doin up there.  UCSD seems kinda boring, and from what I've seen, the bitches don't look that hot. If anyone has any other input/experiences, espcially the part about UCSD girls being hot or not, please post em up cuz this is gonna be a decision I'm gonna have to deal with pretty soon as well.