Author Topic: The Punisher was great  (Read 417 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:The Punisher was great
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 01:53:31 AM »
28 days later was a HORRIBLE movie

"A tough, smart, ingenious movie that leads its characters into situations where everything depends on their (and our) understanding of human nature."
-- Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

^^That's Roger Fucking Ebert! The guy who's bashed the horror genre countless times...

Rain

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 04:59:56 AM »
i havent seen The Punisher yet but just out of interest Luke, you haven't mentioned one flaw for this movie so why do u give it a 9/10? whats stoppin it from getting a 10/10?

also 28 Days Later... wasn't a bad movie - it put an interesting psychological spin on the pretty much dead zombie genre where everything always the same. the last 30 minutes of it when they meet the army dudes is perhaps one of the best, most original climaxes to a horror movie ever, up there with texas chainsaw massacre
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2004, 05:27:19 PM »
I liked the Punisher. I agree with what Trauma said, you don't go into comic book movies looking for oscar performances. Good popcorn flick fa sure.

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 09:05:39 PM »
i havent seen The Punisher yet but just out of interest Luke, you haven't mentioned one flaw for this movie so why do u give it a 9/10? whats stoppin it from getting a 10/10?

because for a movie to be a 10/10 in my book it would have to be something amazing...the punisher wasn't really anything amazing but it was really really good...but i won't disagree it was a little corny...but like i said the fact is every comic book movie is corny and rightfully so...Its a comic book movie.

btw nik....just cuz ebert says something doesn't mean everyone will feel that way

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2004, 12:34:10 AM »
btw nik....just cuz ebert says something doesn't mean everyone will feel that way

I know, I'm just saying...The movie definitely has credibility...PeACe.