Poll

who is the most gifted M.C.

Nas
18 (40.9%)
Ras Kass
26 (59.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Ras Kass VS Nas  (Read 892 times)

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Ras Kass VS Nas
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2004, 02:23:18 PM »
for an example of nas " robot flow " check out book of rhymes. often nas sounds like he smoked too many blunts and went straight to the booth. ras often sounds very agitated and often a little too cocky on the mic and neither that or nas robot flow is an endearing quality. I thought that  " bring the god out of you" line was a little overboard too, people need to let it go,  nature of the threat was like 10 years ago. ras aint dropped nothin' like that since. I'm anxious to hear post prison ras maybe that will spark the revolutionary side of ras kass once again.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2004, 05:21:40 AM »
i have to admit I dont get the big hype on ras kass.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2004, 06:02:24 AM »
Whoa Whoa u guys are saying some crazy ass shit.

Ras is my best MC of all time and i've voted for him and Soul on ice is my best hip hop album ever.

But Nas is the closest to the GOAT status out there imo. He's dropped classics and near classic and is imo one of the most consistent rappers ever. Hate and moan about him all u want but he has only dropped one wak album out of 7 in a 10 year period (yes i am including the lost tapes as well). How many other Mcs have been as consistent as him. Who cares if Nas is confused and doesn't know if he wants to be a phrophet or what not but at least his ass never went full on commercial and never changed everything about himself musically as soon as he got success.

Jay-Z changed soon as he got success, Xzibit and countless others changed for the worst soon as they made it but Nas has remained consistent whether u like it or not.

As for Ras if he had the same opportunities as Nas imo he would have been just as consistent and dropped great material.

I choose Ras but how u all can hate on Nas is beyond me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 06:05:23 AM by caTASHtrophe »

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2004, 10:39:53 AM »
from nasty nas to esco from escobar now he is nastradamus................ :P

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2004, 10:45:12 AM »
^ yeah first thought that when i read "How many other Mcs have been as consistent as him " switchin characters every album aint consistent

Jome

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2004, 06:47:20 PM »
LOL @ Nas being consistant, but Jay-Z not..  :D

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 12:32:30 AM »
i've consistently not liked jay-z...  8)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 08:42:08 AM »
There is no way in hell Jay is as consistent as Nas. No way in hell.

As for switching characters in different albums means nothing its his music which imo has stayed consistent album to album apart from Nastradamus which is wiggedy.

Its all good though i rate Ras and Nas highly but Ras is my fav MC .

8)

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 06:58:53 PM »
west coast niggaz got major game...........
.......LIKE JOHN ELWAY GOTTA SUPERBOWL RANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- ras kass
         ghetto fabulous

mr5502

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 03:37:26 AM »
Nas, hands down. Nas is one of the best Hip-Hop MC's ever. Skills, Lyrics, Style, Music, Persona and Class.

Like Jay said on Reasonable Doubt, "Too much westcoast dick licking".

Rass Kass is cool though.

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2004, 04:47:51 PM »
the reason for the west coast "dick licking" might possibly be due to the fact that your posting on a west coast forum. and I stated  at the beginning of this poll that it's to be based strictly on whos the most gifted lyricist NOT which artist has the most credibility or who's career is more prolific. I like nas but when people start acting like he's  the reason why niggas rap today I get pissed. He aint that fuckin' sweet on the mic.

West C. Connected

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2004, 08:14:36 AM »
Ras Kass got 59% and Nas got 40%?

What happened to the other 1%? ;D

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2004, 02:21:22 PM »
Ras Kass most def. Greatest lyricist ever IMO. Nas if definitely in my top 5-7, but Rassy is #1. I'ma just assume that the few people who aren't feelin' Ras in this thread just don't understand the intelligent shit he spits.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2004, 02:36:28 PM »
I'ma just assume that the few people who aren't feelin' Ras in this thread just don't understand the intelligent shit he spits.

You're stealing that statement from the Canibus groupies.

It's a bunch of bullshit.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2004, 02:16:25 PM »
There is no way in hell Jay is as consistent as Nas. No way in hell.

As for switching characters in different albums means nothing its his music which imo has stayed consistent album to album apart from Nastradamus which is wiggedy.

Its all good though i rate Ras and Nas highly but Ras is my fav MC .

8)

word jay-z cant be compared in the same sentence as nas.............jay can make a better club joint, thats bout it,  his a dope mc no doubt, witty but he aint no nas...........next we gon hear eminem be way better than nas to, funny shit...........me n some bredwins were talkin about eminem n nas the other day to and we sayin the only people who feel eminem is better than nas are white.............plus in the whole jigga/nas thing...........theres never a middle point, u either feel one and say fuck the other.....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 02:18:56 PM by LyRiCaL_G »