Author Topic: Aint This Bout A Bitch!!! OFFICIAL STATEMENT  (Read 769 times)

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
Aint This Bout A Bitch!!! OFFICIAL STATEMENT
« on: May 02, 2004, 04:12:48 PM »
What up famm,

So here's the deal - basically my rap name "Extra Large" is an infringement on a trademark held by DJ Extra Large, some cat that maybe a few of yall might have heard of, if you have you probably know he's worked with a few dudes but whatever. Last week I received a cease-and-decist letter from his lawyer (that's right his lawyer!!!) ordering me to stop using the name because I was infringing on his trademark and they could bring legal action if I didn't stop. My first thought was, this is hip hop and in hip hop, whoever blows first with the name should be the one who can lay claim to it, running to a lawyer is like snitching to the police as far as something like this is concerned. I'm mainly pissed because he sent me a vague and threatening e-mail telling me "the name needs to change or there's gonna be problems", to which I responded cool and asked why we couldnt both have the name, he's DJ Extra Large I'm just Extra Large. I never got a response, not until his lawyer stepped in, what a bitch move. Not only that but his lawyer tried to say I couldn't shorten it to just "XL" which I know is bullshit because there's a Chino XL out there so why not sue him? I'm just like, okay I cant really do shit because I dont have the money to afford a lawyer at this point, so as of today I'm changing my name to XL MIDDLETON. Of course yall can feel free to call me XL or Extra Large if yall want just like people still said Biggie Smalls even after he had to change it to B.I.G. I just dont get it, we supposed to be bringing the West back and unifying is obviously the only way we can do that, but how when everytime you try to do something positive like putting out dope music somebody gotta turn around and try to bring you down? Fuck that prepare for my response song coming this week "Call Johnnie Cochran" and also the remix by Big Saccs cuz the big homie Saccs aint feeling this whole situation neither.

Holla back
XL Middleton fka Extra Large
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Diabolical

Re:Aint This Bout A Bitch!!! OFFICIAL STATEMENT
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 04:22:02 PM »
That shit sucks man, but you are right about the unifying stuff.
I saw u speaking real on Saccs forum about the west
Props to the homie Saccs.
Peace

West C. Connected

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 04:26:14 PM »
Too much legal bullshit in Hip Hop. :-\

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 04:57:40 PM »
What up famm,

So here's the deal - basically my rap name "Extra Large" is an infringement on a trademark held by DJ Extra Large, some cat that maybe a few of yall might have heard of, if you have you probably know he's worked with a few dudes but whatever. Last week I received a cease-and-decist letter from his lawyer (that's right his lawyer!!!) ordering me to stop using the name because I was infringing on his trademark and they could bring legal action if I didn't stop. My first thought was, this is hip hop and in hip hop, whoever blows first with the name should be the one who can lay claim to it, running to a lawyer is like snitching to the police as far as something like this is concerned. I'm mainly pissed because he sent me a vague and threatening e-mail telling me "the name needs to change or there's gonna be problems", to which I responded cool and asked why we couldnt both have the name, he's DJ Extra Large I'm just Extra Large. I never got a response, not until his lawyer stepped in, what a bitch move. Not only that but his lawyer tried to say I couldn't shorten it to just "XL" which I know is bullshit because there's a Chino XL out there so why not sue him? I'm just like, okay I cant really do shit because I dont have the money to afford a lawyer at this point, so as of today I'm changing my name to XL MIDDLETON. Of course yall can feel free to call me XL or Extra Large if yall want just like people still said Biggie Smalls even after he had to change it to B.I.G. I just dont get it, we supposed to be bringing the West back and unifying is obviously the only way we can do that, but how when everytime you try to do something positive like putting out dope music somebody gotta turn around and try to bring you down? Fuck that prepare for my response song coming this week "Call Johnnie Cochran" and also the remix by Big Saccs cuz the big homie Saccs aint feeling this whole situation neither.

Holla back
XL Middleton fka Extra Large

If this aint the stupdiest shit ever i dont know what is....

hector

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 05:50:38 PM »
Man if I were you I wouldn't do shit.  don't hire a lawyer and don't change your name.  Honestly, I highly doubt any lawyer is gonna take you to court.  If they do, just defend yourself.  but I doubt its worth their trouble.  he is just trying to scare you.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 06:21:29 PM »
Man if I were you I wouldn't do shit.  don't hire a lawyer and don't change your name.  Honestly, I highly doubt any lawyer is gonna take you to court.  If they do, just defend yourself.  but I doubt its worth their trouble.  he is just trying to scare you.

I agree. Stick up for ya rights XL. You're dope and have a lot of supporters so fuck it. You don't see Young Buck suing Young Buc, or Ras Kass suin' Clipse for usin' the Re-Up Ent. thing long after Rass started it. And what Clipse did is worse! Good luck to you though.

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 07:51:02 PM »
Bitch move.

I've never heard of this dude. You're the only XL in my book...

I'd call some lawyers and see what they say about the whole situation. It can't hurt to get some advice. Since I'm a student, my university offers free legal services, if you've got a friend who's going to college, I'd check and see if his/her university offers the same type of shit and take advantage of it...

Good luck and keep us posted!

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 09:23:35 PM »
It comes down to, you're fucked.  Whether you agree with it or not, he's got the name trademarked, so if you blow with that name, he's going to say you're making money off his trademark, and sue you for everything you make.  Simple as that, you gotta change the name.  

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 10:12:53 PM »
It comes down to, you're fucked.  Whether you agree with it or not, he's got the name trademarked, so if you blow with that name, he's going to say you're making money off his trademark, and sue you for everything you make.  Simple as that, you gotta change the name.  

Either way I can't call it...I'm working on getting some legal advice but at this point youre right, he got the trademark so what can I do?  That's another thing I never thought about, why sue me now when I aint making much, why not just wait and see if I get bigger.  Damn homie...

All good the song "Call Johnnie Cochran" is coming this week for yall to peep out...

And to everyone, thanks 4 the support it's always appreciated!
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Bomb-A®

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
why dont u jus spell extra large different. kinda like young buck and young bucc?

peace

Jome

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 11:05:44 PM »
Xtra Large
4xtra Large
Extra Lar3e
Exxtra Large
Xxtra Large
Ekstra Large

There's many opportunities.. lol

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2004, 11:24:40 PM »
Extra Medium!  

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 12:24:24 AM »
Jome's got a good point. You can always change the spelling. That way it won't be biting his trademark, but you'll still be called "extra large". That should make dude mad. The fuck is DJ Extra Large anyways?

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 02:28:45 AM »
Extra Medium!  

lol..on the reals though, thats some bullshit...muthafuckers always be trippin on some stupid shit...oh well thats life.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2004, 03:00:15 AM »
Bitch move.

changing the spelling would really piss him off...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare