Author Topic: Dope Pharoahe Monch/Erick Sermon & Little Brother show/ New Red & Meth CD coming  (Read 588 times)

Jome

Gyeah, Erick Sermon was the headliner of the show, along with Pharoahe Monch, and with Little Brother warming up for them..
Local act Spetakkel, and this crazy band Youngblood Brassband played before the U.S. hiphop part..

Most people was looking forward to Erick Sermon, since he was the headliner, but I think that both Pharoahe & Little Brother rocked the house better than E-Dub..

Little Brother was first, along with a hypeman, they put on a good show..
Gotta get his CD after this.. didn't recognize any tracks, but he freestyled over Premos "So Ghetto" and "Can't stop won't stop"

Pharoahe played a couple of new joints, "Agent Orange", "Desire", and a raw underground joint.. have to say the new shit sounds pretty damn promising.
He had 1 male and 1 female singer as backup, for singin Nate Doggs parts etc.
Pharoahe got the crowd hype as fuck, especially on Agent Orange, Simon Says and Fuck you.
His DJ is crazy on the 1-2's..  :o :o

Sermon did a pretty coo show with the regular hits & EPMD stuff, and he brought up 3 random Norwegians for a freestyle battle, and Sermon was so impressed with 1 of them, that he got his name & number..
Finished off with the new single w. Sean Paul.

He also shouted out EPMD, Red & Meth, Run DMC, Pharoahe, Kanye West, Talib etc..
He mentioned that Redman & Method Man got a new CD coming out in July called "Threat to the neighbourhood"  :o :o
Seems unlikely imo.. Meth got his solo CD coming up.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 08:16:01 PM by Jome »

Leggy Hendrix

i hope the red/meth album news is true...the chemistry they have is second to none and the last album was the shit... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

On The Edge of Insanity

Sounds real dope Jome. Little Brother do put on a real good show, never seen Pharoahe or Sermon though.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i'd take a red and meth album before solo's from either, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Jome

Sounds real dope Jome. Little Brother do put on a real good show, never seen Pharoahe or Sermon though.

Sermon was freestyling 2-3 times, but I had a feeling it was pre-written..
Pharoahe's show was crazy..

If the new Red & Meth album is as dope as Blackout, it's gonna be heat..
Can't believe that we'll see both Red solo, Meth solo, and a duo album in the same year though, Sermon said that Red was due out in August/September..
I'll believe it when I see it.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sounds good
but i will believe it when i see it

Bomb-A®

cool, blackout 2 8) 8)

peace

N-Sane Brain

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I saw Sermon with Red, that was a real dope show...never seen little brother or pharaohe...i always thought little brother's music is generally not the type of shit to get the crowd jumpin, but i'd still luv to see em

as for that red & meth album, that should be dope if it's true...

Jome

I saw Sermon with Red, that was a real dope show...never seen little brother or pharaohe...i always thought little brother's music is generally not the type of shit to get the crowd jumpin, but i'd still luv to see em

Yeah, me too.. but both LB & Pharoahe mixed their shit with the regular crowd kickstarters, like "when I say Pharoahe, yall say MONCH.. etc."
They both did it better than Sermon.. the newspapers was equally impressed with Pharoahe & LB too.. the biggest newpaper in my city called Pharoahes show "near perfect".

« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 07:53:47 PM by Jome »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yeah, me too.. but both LB & Pharoahe mixed their shit with the regular crowd kickstarters, like "when I say Pharoahe, yall say MONCH.. etc."
They both did it better than Sermon.. the newspapers was equally impressed with Pharoahe & LB too.. the biggest newpaper in my city called Pharoahes show "near perfect".

yeah, ain't like i don't think Little Brother are supposed to be bad at performin or sumthin, i luv LB, only when i listen to the album i often ain't even noddin my head, it's the kick-back-and-relax type music to me, so i wonder how they gonna the crowd jumpin and shit

and the intro to the Redman show I saw (Sermon was just a special guest kinda) was dope as fuck and he tore shit up during the whole show, Sermon was good support tho

On The Edge of Insanity

When I saw them Little Brother mainly just did the more up tempo tracks off The Listening, a bunch of freestyles, and then some other tracks from the album over more hype friendly beats including "Threat", " Nas Is Like", etc

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
more uptempo, lol what besides "Groupie II", "For You" and "The Getup"? but aight, i thought they'd use sum beats from others, should sound dope

On The Edge of Insanity

more uptempo, lol what besides "Groupie II", "For You" and "The Getup"? but aight, i thought they'd use sum beats from others, should sound dope

You can't forget Make Me Hot, lol.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!

You can't forget Make Me Hot, lol.

lol yeah, that song's tha shit. that'd actually help providin a nice atmosphere prolly. Plus maybe the title track. I can kinda see them screamin "it don't matter cuz niggas ain't listenin! we got a better chance of blowin up in switzerland!" etc. but they couldn't just play the album live