Author Topic: where is Yukmouth - Got Gs On it song from?  (Read 318 times)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
where is Yukmouth - Got Gs On it song from?
« on: May 06, 2004, 09:43:49 AM »
what compilation/album?  ???
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 09:44:06 AM by D1G1T4L »

PotHead

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Re:where is Yukmouth - Got Gs On it song from?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 10:26:50 AM »
Killa Tays album "Snake Eyes"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 10:27:39 AM by PotHead »

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 08:49:19 PM »
Killa Tays album "Snake Eyes"

thx

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 09:31:58 PM »
bangin' trac

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 10:35:12 AM »
Is this song old? And is Killa Tay the other dude from Luniz?

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 11:15:18 AM »
No, Knumbskull is the other dude from the Luniz.  Killa Tay is just another rapper from the Bay.

hector

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 11:38:32 AM »

OMG!  Just shows how close minded most LA heads are when it comes to rap music.  Try listening to some bay area music.  First you didn't know who Rick Rock was, now you don't even know who Numbskull or killatay is.  Whats next, you never heard of Khayree?

I ain't dissing ya, but man, why don't you give the bay a chance?  They drop hot fuckin music, and most this forum has no idea.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 12:06:07 PM »

OMG!  Just shows how close minded most LA heads are when it comes to rap music.  Try listening to some bay area music.  First you didn't know who Rick Rock was, now you don't even know who Numbskull or killatay is.  Whats next, you never heard of Khayree?

I ain't dissing ya, but man, why don't you give the bay a chance?  They drop hot fuckin music, and most this forum has no idea.

Hooooooooooold the fuck up before talkin shit about me like that. First up.....how does this show I am close minded??? I ASKED about them, because I never heard the song, and I kno Killa Tay's name but forgot about Numbskull. Now I knew who rick rock was, I just didn't kno til 2001. But you are trippin waay 2 hard for one thing. I am from L.A., and how the fuck am I gonna hear of these bay area cats? I am definitely not close minded...I like anything that's good, so if you play me somethin, I won't EVER say "it's tite as hell but it's from the bay" or "he is tite FOR somebody from the bay" or any thing near that. So sayin I am closeminded is ignorant as hell. It is not my fault I haven't heard of them. Am I supposed to talk to people like you just so I'll know who is doin what up there? I don't listen to radio because they definitely don't play new bay area or even much L.A., and I know people from the bay but I don't kick it with any because I am in L.A. of course. So check that shit, I DEFINITELY give the bay a chance..I support the west even if it's Phoenix Vegas and Seattle droppin heat, I could give a fuck if it's from L.A. or not. So please revoke your statement.

P.S. and No I haven't heard of Khayree...guess that proves I am closeminded for not even hearin of him before.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 12:32:54 PM »
It is a bit shocking that you didn't know who Killa Tay and Knum were.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 12:56:46 PM »
It is a bit shocking that you didn't know who Killa Tay and Knum were.

I knew them by name, and I remember Knum bein with Luniz since dude mentioned it. But who's to blame? Most people I kick it with in L.A. don't know either of em. It is sad how separate the bay and l.a. are, but why are people so shocked? Most places such as this don't really be on each other. NY people won't know of local Jersey rappers like they know of their own...and somebody from Miami wouldn't know of rappers that are big in ATL but nowhere else. Yeah we are all California, but just as far as we are drivin, that is how different we are.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 02:12:11 PM »
It's not like Tay and the Luniz are just "local" Bay acts though, or "underground" Bay rappers. They're pretty damn popular in Cali, and even outside of the DUB. If you visit a grip of forums and websites that cover West Coast music then you should know the dudes. I'm just sayin' I'm a bit shocked. Don't take it personal.

As for me I love all West Coast rap and try to know as much about it as possible. Sure I'm most familiar with Dago rappers, but I constantly bump shit from Dago to the Bay.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 02:40:46 PM »
It's not like Tay and the Luniz are just "local" Bay acts though, or "underground" Bay rappers. They're pretty damn popular in Cali, and even outside of the DUB. If you visit a grip of forums and websites that cover West Coast music then you should know the dudes. I'm just sayin' I'm a bit shocked. Don't take it personal.

As for me I love all West Coast rap and try to know as much about it as possible. Sure I'm most familiar with Dago rappers, but I constantly bump shit from Dago to the Bay.

Well one thing about California is that people aren't always as big as you think. I don't think half of my crowd, 16-30 blacks who are into rap, knows who The Game is yet. Most of em have heard of Crooked I but I bet most can't point him out on a track. And this is speakin of L.A. people. I don't know too many people, if any, that are anti-bay area, but most of us just aren't exposed to it. And bulletin boards don't really count on the streets because it's a lot of people that may seem big when u are on the net but if you go around, people don't even know who they are. As far as Killa Tay, yeah I had heard his name but that was it...of course I know Luniz, but most people I know don't even kno Yukmouth is from Luniz. It's all sad but true...and we definitely aren't part of the ignorant commercial rap crowd.

hector

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 07:36:31 PM »
I take back nothing I said.  Un-fucking-believable that you don't know who khayree is either.  Do yourself a favor and check out sum bay area rap.  Its much better than that snoop dogg bullshit.

Luniz - Operation Stakola
Dubee - AKA Sugawolf

Check em out and learn about it!

SGV

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 07:51:05 PM »
I don't buy that whole "I'm from L.A. how am I supposed to hear about Bay rappers."

I'm from L.A., I know about a gang of rappers from outside of L.A. A lotta L.A. heads won't dig for new shit. They're satisfied with what L.A. has to offer. Even then, they're satisfied what the more known artists drop. Many people in L.A. don't know shit about L.A. Hip Hop.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 09:28:50 PM »
I don't buy that whole "I'm from L.A. how am I supposed to hear about Bay rappers."

I'm from L.A., I know about a gang of rappers from outside of L.A. A lotta L.A. heads won't dig for new shit. They're satisfied with what L.A. has to offer. Even then, they're satisfied what the more known artists drop. Many people in L.A. don't know shit about L.A. Hip Hop.

Well ain't u the one that always goes to the Bay or whatever? I have been to the Bay like twice and it was for a 4th grade field trip and for a conference. Believe me, anything that's dope, I'll peep it, whether it's online or if I get the mixtape on the streets or hear it in a record store. But I just do not hear about the Bay rappers. It ain't that I don't dig for new shit, just that I am not gonna go around searchin to find shit, I just let it come and if I hear it I do, if I don't hear it then I just don't. I don't see why people are trippin so hard on me NOT KNOWING of rappers or whatever, when it really isn't my fault. Is it an obligation for me to find these rappers? I could see if somebody gave me their CD, and I didn't even listen to it, or I heard it one time and threw it out the window. BUT I JUST DON'T HEAR IT! I don't see what's so hard for y'all to understand. When people from L.A. don't know shit about L.A. rappers and they say the east coast is waay better and all that, I don't really care, I don't agree with em and I will expose them to as much L.A. dope shit as I can, but I don't react or whatever. But with this, where am I supposed to go just to search for Bay music? Also, I have heard a lot of bay music and a lot of it is dope, but I just can't get into some of it, like Brotha Lynch just aint my type, but I don't hold anything against the Bay. And SGV you have alllllways been one of those dudes who is from L.A. (I guess you are...what part are you from?) who always knocks everybody in L.A. for whatever reason. I can understand you knockin people who are closeminded but that ain't me, I just haven't been exposed to what's up north, so stop the trippin.