Elements > Album Review

Eazy-E - Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphuckin' Com

(1/2) > >>

That_Cracka_J:
Eazy-E – Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphuckin’ Compton

1. First power…Intro based on the movie with the same title.  Almost prophetic.  
2. Ole school shit…A song with a compilation of Ruthless artists.  Production has a dark feel to it with a mix of G-funk.  Eazy only has a few lines, but everybody else represents well.  5/5
3. Sorry Louie…E talks about bustin’ heads with a Louisville Slugger.  You gotta love it.  Tight gangsta lyrics.  4/5
4. Just tah let U know…This track has more of a radio feel to it.  It’s a little softer, but still has that gangsta touch to it.  Eazy spits 3 tight ass verses.  Truck rattlin’ beat.  5/5
5. Sippin’ on a 40…E, Knocc Out, and Dresta trade verses to a sample of ‘Slipping into Darkness’.  Really just a song about cruisin’ around the hood.  4/5
6. Nutz on ya chin…Tight ass beat and some tight ass lyrics.  4.5/5
7. Tha muthaphuckin’ real…One of the most laidback beats ever.  MC Ren flows some tight ass verses and Eazy puts down a hellafied flow.  You can’t help but nod your head to this one.  5/5
8. Lickin’, suckin’, fuckin’…interlude
9. Hit the hooker…Different sounding beat produced by Naughty by Nature.  E flows faster than he normally does.  It’s a different kinda fuck song.  3.5/5
10.   My baby’z mama…E speaks of his scandalous baby’s mothers.  The lyric’s are great, but the beat gets repetitive and annoying.  3/5
11.   Creep n crawl…Smooth gangsta track.  E flows spits the flow slowly and it fits the beat perfectly.  4/5
12.   Wut would you do…Another diss track to Dr. Dre/Death Row which is an answer to the song with the same name on the Murder was the Case soundtrack.  E opens up with what sounds like an intro, but it’s a rhyme.  Dirty Red puts down a good verse too.  4/5
13.   Gangsta beat 4 tha street…A smooth, laidback track made for rollin’ around bumpin’.  Again, it features Ruthless artists and only a few lines by E, but it’s a tight ass sound.  5/5
14.   Eternal E…outro

OVERALL…8/10

It’s a shame Eazy wasn’t around long enough to make this into a double album as he intended to.  Production was tight except for a couple of tracks, but Eazy’s verses make up for the sub-par beats on those songs.  All Ruthless artists featured on the CD make a nice contribution.  If E was alive at the time of release and hand-picked the tracks he wanted here, it had the potential to be a 9 or 10.

Smooth:
nice review homie i agree with most of what you said... "Ole School Shit" is my favourite track on here fo sure...

Peace

KVB:

--- Quote ---nice review homie i agree with most of what you said... "Ole School Shit" is my favourite track on here fo sure...

Peace
--- End quote ---

A-Trak:
Dope Review...

IwisOG:
Can't agree about giving 4/5 for Creep N Crawl, in my opinion its on of the best songs ever, the beat is gangsta as fuck and the lyrics are sick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version