Author Topic: Interview with the Vampire (1994)  (Read 139 times)

Doggystylin

Interview with the Vampire (1994)
« on: May 03, 2004, 08:35:35 PM »

I just saw this movie today, damn, its a very good movie I think. Brad Pitt put on quite a performace, just the way you can feel his pain in the facial expressions is amazing. And then Tom Cruise with the intensity of his character and the whole plot and idea. Plus the set designers did a great job.

Basically the movie was very well put together, and after watching the the behind the scenes thing on the DVD, it really makes you appreciate some of the effects.

What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 08:40:29 PM by Global Moderator »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Interview with the Vampire (1994)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 08:45:23 PM »
i really love this movie, on the outside it seems like a chick flick but on the real it's a tight ass movie

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 08:48:06 PM »
i really love this movie, on the outside it seems like a chick flick but on the real it's a tight ass movie

yep... i know the author made a trilogy of vampire books...it was this movie, queen of the damned...and the third one hasn't been made into a movie....but does anyone know if they're supposed to have continuity or not?

pappy

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 08:53:40 PM »
its funny seeing how young kristen dunst looked than

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 01:43:52 AM »
lol, anne rice has 5 books surrounding lestat. Interview was first, then the vampire lestat, then queen of the damned, tale of the body theif, and memnoch the devil. Plus 5 or 6 other books related to these, but around other characters in the series. Queen of the damned was a combo of the vampire lestat,  and the queen of the damned. Anne Rice has said she won't let them make another movie based on her books. Wasn't happy about the way either movie turned out.

The Ghost When I Zone Off

• 'G'
  • whatup whatup whatup whatup
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 01:51:39 AM »
I thought the movie was hot but it couldnt compare to the vibe I got from reading the original novel...although I suppose there's no way any director could capture the type of feelins and shit that Anne Rice portrayed.
aka Gas and a Match aka Don't let your girl in the club or we're all gonna fuck her!

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 08:56:09 PM »
Memorable Quotes

Louis: Most of all I longed for death. I know that now. I invited it. A release from the pain of living. My invitation was open to anyone. To the whore at my side, to the pimp that followed. But it was a vampire that accepted.

Louis: How do we seem to you? Do you find us beautiful, magical? Our white skin, our fierce eyes? "Drink" you ask me, do you have any idea of the thing you will become?

Lestat: Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves

Lestat: What's wrong, my dear?
Whore: It's a coffin...
Lestat: Yes, it is. Well, then you must be dead.

Lestat: Don't be afraid. I'm going to give you the choice I never had.

Lestat: It's your coffin, my love. Enjoy it. Most of us never get to know what it feels like.
Louis: Why do you do this?
Lestat: I like to do it. I enjoy it. Take your aesthete's; taste purer things; kill them swiftly, if you will, but do it. For do not doubt: you are a killer, Louis.

Lestat: Oh Louis, Louis. Still whining Louis. Have you heard enough? I've had to listen to that for centuries.

[To Malloy]
Lestat: I assume I need no introduction.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 08:57:45 PM by Global Moderator »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 06:44:24 PM »
Good movie.