Author Topic: GTA San Andreas - First Screenshots!  (Read 523 times)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:GTA San Andreas - First Screenshots!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2004, 02:31:53 PM »
This game is about stealing cars (illegal) and killing people (illegal).  Wow...great game there...

People can't wait for the drive-bys, lowriders, cruisin in the 'hood, and being a gangsta (like how so many middle-class black people wanna be).

LOL this foo is just mad that nobody agrees with him. its all good that u like halo and all but i dont see why u come into this thread and say bad things bout GTA games...

smerlus

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2004, 02:45:22 PM »
This game is about stealing cars (illegal) and killing people (illegal).  Wow...great game there...

People can't wait for the drive-bys, lowriders, cruisin in the 'hood, and being a gangsta (like how so many middle-class black people wanna be).

and halo is just about stealing weapons and shootin things wow revolutionary there...

people can't wait for the space ships, force fields and being military (like so many nerdy white kids wanna be)

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2004, 02:54:38 PM »

and halo is just about stealing weapons and shootin things wow revolutionary there...

people can't wait for the space ships, force fields and being military (like so many nerdy white kids wanna be)

lol...sonned...

bez

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2004, 03:03:16 PM »
why are people argueing over 2 games that are totally different in complexion and context.  Dumbasses.  maybe if you where arguing GTA vs. True Crime or Halo Vs. Quake you would be on point but your can't compare a 3rd person shoot em up to a game like GTA.  So stupid.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2004, 03:13:23 PM »
FOr those that don't know, it is called San Andreas because L.A. is on the San Andreas fault. I heard they were makin this game before True Crime, Streets of L.A., but it is going to be very interesting comparing these two games, especially bein from L.A. But I am two sided on this issue...in my "immature" fun side, I am happy as hell that this game is gonna be set in my hometown, and it'll be interesting comparing things in the game to things that are in L.A. and drivin around. At the same time, my "mature" serious side is totally against this. Not only am I tired of the stereotypes about us, but I know that black adults are gonna hate this game, mainly those from L.A. I just hope they don't make it where all the black neighborhoods are bad and have a lot of overexaggerated violence like most L.A. movies have, but then make all the white neighborhoods perfect with no crime, because I read some of the plot and some of it was suspect. That's just how I see it, bein that I am from a black L.A neighborhood but I know how much overexagerrated it is because of gangsta rap and movies and I am startin to outgrow that.

smerlus

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2004, 03:14:26 PM »
why are people argueing over 2 games that are totally different in complexion and context.  Dumbasses.  maybe if you where arguing GTA vs. True Crime or Halo Vs. Quake you would be on point but your can't compare a 3rd person shoot em up to a game like GTA.  So stupid.

because they're not totally different and it's easier to compare these two titles than say final fantasy XII and grand tourismo,

smerlus

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2004, 03:17:04 PM »
FOr those that don't know, it is called San Andreas because L.A. is on the San Andreas fault. I heard they were makin this game before True Crime, Streets of L.A., but it is going to be very interesting comparing these two games, especially bein from L.A. But I am two sided on this issue...in my "immature" fun side, I am happy as hell that this game is gonna be set in my hometown, and it'll be interesting comparing things in the game to things that are in L.A. and drivin around. At the same time, my "mature" serious side is totally against this. Not only am I tired of the stereotypes about us, but I know that black adults are gonna hate this game, mainly those from L.A. I just hope they don't make it where all the black neighborhoods are bad and have a lot of overexaggerated violence like most L.A. movies have, but then make all the white neighborhoods perfect with no crime, because I read some of the plot and some of it was suspect. That's just how I see it, bein that I am from a black L.A neighborhood but I know how much overexagerrated it is because of gangsta rap and movies and I am startin to outgrow that.

it's supposed to take place in San Fransico... because in the story they say you're originally from Los Santos (the saints instead of the angels) and also in the first GTA San Andreas and that mimicked san fransisco

Montana00

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2004, 03:28:54 PM »

LOL this foo is just mad that nobody agrees with him. its all good that u like halo and all but i dont see why u come into this thread and say bad things bout GTA games...

exactly. take your xbox propaganda shit to some nerdy star wars convention where you get to dress up as the princess.

as for the game. im sure its going to be a big improvement gameplay wise. i dont really care if the graphics are the same its improvements im looking for. basically these things

Guns, Cars, Buildings to purchase, i want a fucking bicycle! and everything else

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2004, 03:57:49 PM »
gameplay wise...what the fuck was the improvement from GTA3 to Vice City?

smerlus

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2004, 04:01:09 PM »
if it ain't broke, don't fix it

they decided to bless us with motorcycles, helos, more cars, more weapons, clothes changing, copter bombs, sniper rifles....

Montana00

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2004, 04:34:17 PM »
if it ain't broke, don't fix it

they decided to bless us with motorcycles, helos, more cars, more weapons, clothes changing, copter bombs, sniper rifles....

you could purchase businesses.

taxi company, apartment buildings, dance clubs, that one place with the printing place that makes counterfeit money, and dealership.

and GTA has a fucking cool soundtrack, correct me if im wrong but halos music sucks

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2004, 04:46:52 PM »
why would they have 80s, hip hop, rock songs on Halo?! That would be fucken stupid.

Halo's soundtrack fits Halo.

Gameplay can still be improved.  A good example is the madden series.

Montana00

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2004, 04:52:24 PM »
why would they have 80s, hip hop, rock songs on Halo?! That would be fucken stupid.

Halo's soundtrack fits Halo.

Gameplay can still be improved.  A good example is the madden series.

oops sorry maybe i typed that wrong. GTA has a great soundtrack for its game.
but i dont like halos soundtrack. im not comparing the soundtracks together but individually.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2004, 11:04:26 AM »
it's supposed to take place in San Fransico... because in the story they say you're originally from Los Santos (the saints instead of the angels) and also in the first GTA San Andreas and that mimicked san fransisco

I don't see how...The Los Santos makes sense, but San Andreas fault is Los Angeles County's fault, and lookin at the pictures and plot, it couldn't be ANYWHERE ELSE but L.A. The Watts towers, gangbangers, lowriders, etc etc that is L.A. all the way.