Author Topic: Sony announces 99 PSP developers; Nintendo immediately announces 100 for the DS  (Read 507 times)

MANBEARPIG.

if nintendo would just make a mature game, it would silence all the critics....

I'm gonna say this new zelda will do it.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

There's no such thing as a "Mature", "Game".  They're mutually exclusive.  That's like saying you're going to throw a Mature Temper Tantrum.  

smerlus

you're right, there's nothing mature about man hunt, or one of those realistic army games  ::)

Trauma-san

There's not.  It's a video game anyway you look at it.  You're still sitting around pretending to be something you're not in a place you've never been doing things you're incapable of.  

smerlus

so the only thing mature thing in life is doing the things we do everyday?

i guess movies aren't mature either...you're not doing anything they're doing and you're not there, same thing with music....

sitting on a couch counting cracks would be more mature than sniping people in a videogame?

wow if i thought the same as you, i'd be one bored ass person

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"

i guess movies aren't mature either...you're not doing anything they're doing and you're not there, same thing with music....

sitting on a couch counting cracks would be more mature than sniping people in a videogame?

So what you've said both times as examples of mature games is that you kill people in them. Realistically. So you think it is mature for people to go around killing people instead of having talks on how to resolve disputes? Sounds like someone who's mature to me.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Montana00

Mature doesnt refer to Mature as in your personality or whatever.

We didnt name the fucking genre.

smerlus

So what you've said both times as examples of mature games is that you kill people in them. Realistically. So you think it is mature for people to go around killing people instead of having talks on how to resolve disputes? Sounds like someone who's mature to me.

if you comprehended the posts above, thought about it, then came back with a logical response i'd say you were right.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:26:24 PM by smerlus »

Trauma-san

Hmmm;
   No.  Movies aren't the same.  You're watching somebody perform; all you're doing is observing entertainment, that's of course mature.

Music is the same.  You're observing, learning, listening, paying attention to something.  There's nothing immature about that.

Of course, you can be immature and still watch a movie or listen to music.  They have nothing to do with each other.

You can't say a GAME is "MATURE", though, because games are for children.  Children by nature aren't mature.  The concept of maturity gets it's definition by it's contrast against the actions of children, which include videogames.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with enjoying games, but it's not 'mature' to enjoy games.  Not everything we do has to be mature, though... which is why a 'mature' game is not only an oxymoronic phrase, it's not even a necessary qualifier... there's nothing wrong with playing immature games.  

smerlus

Hmmm;
   No.  Movies aren't the same.  You're watching somebody perform; all you're doing is observing entertainment, that's of course mature.

Music is the same.  You're observing, learning, listening, paying attention to something.  There's nothing immature about that.

Of course, you can be immature and still watch a movie or listen to music.  They have nothing to do with each other.

You can't say a GAME is "MATURE", though, because games are for children.  Children by nature aren't mature.  The concept of maturity gets it's definition by it's contrast against the actions of children, which include videogames.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with enjoying games, but it's not 'mature' to enjoy games.  Not everything we do has to be mature, though... which is why a 'mature' game is not only an oxymoronic phrase, it's not even a necessary qualifier... there's nothing wrong with playing immature games.  

funny, in videogames you, learn, listen, pay attention to things, and observe entertainment

and just like everything else, ther'es KIDS games, KIDS movies, KIDS music, KIDS meals.... guess those are all immature too
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:48:27 PM by smerlus »

Montana00

i dont really consider myself a kid, but i enjoy a video game or two.
 i dont play that many video games.