Author Topic: Baseball > Every other Sport  (Read 895 times)

smerlus

Re:Baseball > Every other Sport
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2004, 12:04:31 AM »
1.didn't say it was easy...how am i going to say it's easy and then i can't do it?

2. so i ask you to give me facts why baseball is a great game and the best you could come up with is that baseball players aren't even good at the game

3. yes that's a touching moment in history.....i think i saw that in a wrestlemania before too

4. and yes baseball does have a history, the sport is so boring that's all you hear the announcers talk about

hector

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2004, 03:10:15 AM »
don't even bother with smerlus.  its completely fuckin obvious he don't know a goddamn thing about baseball.  I fuckin luv basketball and football to death.  I'm not even gonna bother argueing with him, cuase its worthless.  he don't know a goddamn thing that he is talking about.  Argueing with him about this subject is like argueing about snoop being a sellout with the others on the forum.  sometimes u just gotta pull your head outta your ass to realize the real, and until then your just gonna be in your own dream world.

Oh yeah, did you know that it takes 250% more athletic skill and cordination to run into someone as hard as you can and knock them on the ground, as it
takes to hit a 90+ mph pitch.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

this is some of the funniest shit I have seen.  Smerlus, your making yourself look as dumb as the french dribbler.  Just cause you guys aren't smart enuff to realize the talent in baseball, doesn't mean its not there.  

Hell Ja Rule and Nelly sold a shitload more cd's than DJ Quik last year.  Guess that means they are the better rappers, right guys?  I mean, its all about numbers right?  DJ quik  is not talked about by all your faggot groupie friends, so he must suck right?  The DJ's don't play his shit, so he has to suck right?  Since people are too fuckin dumb to understand Ras Kass lyrics, he sucks right?

If the LA Dodgers were in first place and considered a good team, and a World Series contender, than this argument, probably wouldn't take place, cause almost everyone on here is on LA's nuts.  but since the dodgers suck fuckin dick, and ain't been a contender for years, these fuckin groupie hoez don't give a fuck.

and Smerlus:

besides the QB, name one person on the FB field that has the coordination skills of a mlb player, and explain how. (especially those 350 lb linemen, I'm sure they can hit a fastball of Tim Hudson, or turn a double play with no problem  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2004, 06:22:26 AM »
NBA Finals Ratings for the last two years
2003- 6.4
2002- 10.6

World Series Ratings for the last two years
2003- 13.9
2002- 11.9

seeing as the batter pretty much knows where the ball is going (somewhere in front of him)
yea somewhere in front of him  :-\

millions more people watch soccer....is that the best sport then?

^ Nice try.  You and others were the ones saying the reason Baseball isn't the best sport is because nobody watches it.  Now it's shown that more watch it than basketball, and you change the goalposts.  Nice try, but some of us are more intelligent than you.

Trauma-san

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2004, 06:26:22 AM »
1.didn't say it was easy...how am i going to say it's easy and then i can't do it?

2. so i ask you to give me facts why baseball is a great game and the best you could come up with is that baseball players aren't even good at the game

3. yes that's a touching moment in history.....i think i saw that in a wrestlemania before too

4. and yes baseball does have a history, the sport is so boring that's all you hear the announcers talk about

You're clueless.  Stick to legos, the big boys are talking.

Anyways, Good post Compton, another thing baseball players (like basketball) play offense/defense.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2004, 06:54:20 AM »
1."but i can see how having to remember a few pitching styles is much more difficult"  U were being sarcastic here.  Implying that its just not that much more difficult than shooting the ball.

2. if you are 3/10 in baseball...u very well can be an All Star Player.  Does that mean the player sucks? Nope, it means that getting a hit is extremely, extremely difficult.

3. Wrestlemania?  You do know im talking bout the 40s right? You know, during a time of a lot of segregation.

4.  Baseball has a richer history than any other sport in America.  End of story.  Announcers dont mean shit...the players and moments are there regardless of the announcers.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2004, 09:16:44 AM »
Believe me I have played both Baseball and Football at competitive levels and Football was 100 times funner to play. I played 1st Base and I liked defense better because it is more action. But on Offense I hated sitting in the dugout waiting to MAYBE bat. Football I played Middle Linebacker and Fullback.
I prefered to be on Defense. There is alot you have to know in both sports. I thought football was harder..Learning the formations and plays. reading Qbs and RBs.

smerlus

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2004, 12:25:15 PM »

Oh yeah, did you know that it takes 250% more athletic skill and cordination to run into someone as hard as you can and knock them on the ground, as it
takes to hit a 90+ mph pitch.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hell Ja Rule and Nelly sold a shitload more cd's than DJ Quik last year.  Guess that means they are the better rappers, right guys?  I mean, its all about numbers right?  DJ quik  is not talked about by all your faggot groupie friends, so he must suck right?  The DJ's don't play his shit, so he has to suck right?  Since people are too fuckin dumb to understand Ras Kass lyrics, he sucks right?

and Smerlus:

besides the QB, name one person on the FB field that has the coordination skills of a mlb player, and explain how. (especially those 350 lb linemen, I'm sure they can hit a fastball of Tim Hudson, or turn a double play with no problem  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

1.show me a sport where the only goal is to to have big people run into one another and you'd be right

2. the baseball vs baseketball people started bringing numbers into it to say that one sport is better than the other, so since we were talking about numbers i brought in soccer to top them all

3) put the yankees vs a hockey team and see who wins.... you have good logic with sports swapping....nice try try moron

smerlus

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2004, 12:29:38 PM »
2003- 6.4
2002- 10.6

2003- 13.9
2002- 11.9

seeing as the batter pretty much knows where the ball is going (somewhere in front of him)
yea somewhere in front of him  :-\

millions more people watch soccer....is that the best sport then?

^ Nice try.  You and others were the ones saying the reason Baseball isn't the best sport is because nobody watches it.  Now it's shown that more watch it than basketball, and you change the goalposts.  Nice try, but some of us are more intelligent than you.

since you're more intelligent than me...i'd like to see you produce the post where i said that no one watches baseball.... oh that's right...you can't...because i never said that...so far i had to point out that you're a moron twice in this thread....you should just stay out of here and save face

smerlus

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2004, 12:39:03 PM »

You're clueless.  Stick to legos, the big boys are talking.

Anyways, Good post Compton, another thing baseball players (like basketball) play offense/defense.  

is that one of your facts to prove why baseball is the greatest sport?

doesn't look like one.... so since you can't really come up with a reason that baseball is the best sport, why don't you come play legos? you'd have spare time to prove people wrong in this thread

hector

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2004, 02:01:10 PM »

and Smerlus:

1.show me a sport where the only goal is to to have big people run into one another and you'd be right

2. the baseball vs baseketball people started bringing numbers into it to say that one sport is better than the other, so since we were talking about numbers i brought in soccer to top them all

3) put the yankees vs a hockey team and see who wins.... you have good logic with sports swapping....nice try try moron

hey smart guy, do u know what an analogy is.

1. uh, a huge percentage of football is tackling, or blocking.  In many cases that is all that a player does.  Their is many players that never or rarely ever touch the football.  I luv football, but your a fucking idiot to say that in general it takes more athletic skill and coordination to play football rather than baseball.

3.  you didn't understand it, and used your own dumbass logic.    So I ask you again, explain to me how a football player (besides the QB) has more athletic skill and coordination than a mlb player.  

smerlus

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2004, 02:17:46 PM »
read my first quote....only 10 minutes are spent playing a regulation game... so if we want to take percentages of something...baseball players spend more time spitting and grabbing their balls than playing....so don't come at me with percentages of games

and lastly you said "I'm sure they can hit a fastball of Tim Hudson, or turn a double play with no problem" and to do these thing, they have to play a game that for some reason...they don't play....so once you answer my question if the Yankees can beat the toronto maple leafs in a hockey game...then i'll answer your question  ;D

hector

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2004, 03:36:16 PM »

"I'm sure they can hit a fastball of Tim Hudson, or turn a double play with no problem"
thats whats called an analogy.  the point was that it takes more athletic skill, and cordination to hit a pitch from a very good pitcher, or to turn a double play, than it takes to tackle someone or block someone.  and if you don't agree to that, just say so, and I won't even bother talking to you anymore.

and no  I don't think the yankees could beat the mapleleafs, because they probably  couldn't get enough of them to play cause hockey wouldn't pay them good enough cuz they are the money hungry whore yankees.

smerlus

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2004, 03:48:27 PM »

"I'm sure they can hit a fastball of Tim Hudson, or turn a double play with no problem"
thats whats called an analogy.  the point was that it takes more athletic skill, and cordination to hit a pitch from a very good pitcher, or to turn a double play, than it takes to tackle someone or block someone.  and if you don't agree to that, just say so, and I won't even bother talking to you anymore.

and no  I don't think the yankees could beat the mapleleafs, because they probably  couldn't get enough of them to play cause hockey wouldn't pay them good enough cuz they are the money hungry whore yankees.

1) you're comparing two different things once again...i'm sure the gold medalist in long jump couldn't hit a ball, and a baseball player can't beat a gold medalist in the long jump....so they're both not athletic?

2) and that's true about the yankees

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2004, 04:00:52 PM »
2003- 6.4
2002- 10.6

2003- 13.9
2002- 11.9

First of all, you can take out the 2003 ratings for NBA Finals, because that was a LOW in NBA history. The Nets and Spurs are both very boring teams, as you can see by the ratings decrease...Now, I still said I know that the World Series is watched more than the NBA Finals, but I also said basketball, in general, is watched more than baseball, in general...That includes the regular season games, and the playoffs as well...Plus, there's Final Four college basketball, and a bunch of other basketball leagues, which are all televised...You have to be blind to not see that basketball is the more popular sport...If you take the TV ratings of 2002, you can see that the Finals and The World Series were close, and then you have regular season basketball and playoffs which are watched more...Nowadays, basketball is the more popular sport...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2004, 04:03:05 PM »
If the LA Dodgers were in first place and considered a good team, and a World Series contender, than this argument, probably wouldn't take place, cause almost everyone on here is on LA's nuts.  but since the dodgers suck fuckin dick, and ain't been a contender for years, these fuckin groupie hoez don't give a fuck.

LA Dodgers ARE in first place (in their division), and they ARE considered a good team...Try again.