Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden 2 announced  (Read 239 times)

smerlus

Ninja Gaiden 2 announced
« on: May 28, 2004, 12:54:56 AM »

May 27, 2004 - In a recent interview with EGM and in an interview with Kikizo Games, Team Ninja head Tomonobu Itagaki confirmed that a sequel to the Xbox-exclusive Ninja Gaiden was indeed a reality. However, Ninja Gaiden 2 would not ship until after Dead or Alive 4 but before Dead or Alive: Code Cronus.

Fans of Team Ninja will be all too familiar with the name Code Cronus, though there remains little actually known about the game. The name, for instance, is just a a code name and not the final production title. A pet project for Itagaki, Code Cronus is not a fighting game or a sports game, but is "a game for fans of Dead or Alive." Cronus is believed by many to be an action RPG. Whatever the case, it would almost certainly ship for Xbox Next, as it likely wouldn't see release until at least 2006 if not later.
When asked about the concept behind Ninja Gaiden 2, Itagaki would only say that it would be along the same lines as the first Xbox title. If you're trying to keep up with the release schedule for Team Ninja games, here's the planned order of release:

Dead or Alive Ultimate - September 2004
Dead or Alive 4 - 2005
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Unknown (2006 likely)
Dead or Alive: Code Cronus - Unknown (2006 or 2007 likely)

Don Seer

Re:Ninja Gaiden 2 announced
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:12:39 AM »
wow.. i havnt even finished dlding ninja gaiden 1 yet (this w/e.. lol)

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:24:40 AM »
wow.. i havnt even finished dlding ninja gaiden 1 yet (this w/e.. lol)

which part are you stuck on?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:30:29 AM »
uh.. well it was downloading at 20k when i left for work a hour ago.  :)

smerlus

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 01:34:14 AM »

ARRRRRRG

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 01:40:57 AM »
lol...  :D

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 03:26:42 AM »

daaaayem.... i could never stand that.... usually, i download simultaneity from diffrent users with a tótal bandwith of ~8000kb/s

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 03:51:22 AM »
eh? u mean u only get 8k ? :P

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 09:08:54 PM »
The only thing that irks me about this is, you've got kiddies out there that don't know that Ninja Gaiden was an arcade game in the 80's, then a game on the Nintendo, yearrrrs ago.   Ninja Gaiden II came out 15 fucking years ago!  You see that all the time, shit gets redone and rereleased with absolutely no respect or homage to the original that it's a direct descendant of.  If I'm counting correctly, and I believe I am, this is Ninja Gaiden 8 or so.  There was Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 for Nintendo; Ninja Gaiden for Gameboy (different game); Ninja Gaiden for Game Gear (can't remember if it's different or not); Ninja Gaiden for the Atari Lynx, Of course the Arcade Series, etc etc etc

smerlus

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 10:46:27 PM »
The only thing that irks me about this is, you've got kiddies out there that don't know that Ninja Gaiden was an arcade game in the 80's, then a game on the Nintendo, yearrrrs ago.   Ninja Gaiden II came out 15 fucking years ago!  You see that all the time, shit gets redone and rereleased with absolutely no respect or homage to the original that it's a direct descendant of.  If I'm counting correctly, and I believe I am, this is Ninja Gaiden 8 or so.  There was Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 for Nintendo; Ninja Gaiden for Gameboy (different game); Ninja Gaiden for Game Gear (can't remember if it's different or not); Ninja Gaiden for the Atari Lynx, Of course the Arcade Series, etc etc etc

can tell you don't own an xbox.... Ninja Gaiden 1 - 3 are unlockable in their entirety in the Xbox game....what will they think of next?  ;D

1. Ninja Gaiden - Arcade
2. Ninja Gaiden - NES, Lynx
3. Ninja Gaiden II - NES
4. Ninja Gaiden III - NES, Lynx
5. Ninja Gaiden - Game Gear
6. Ninja Gaiden Shadow - GameBoy
7. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - SNES
8. Ninja Gaiden - TurboGrafx 16
9. Ninja Gaiden - Xbox
10. Ninja Gaiden 2 - Xbox (NYR)
11. Ninja Gaiden Episode 1 - Wireless (NYR)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 12:53:43 AM by smerlus »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 05:03:14 AM »

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 05:24:56 AM »
i used to love that shit on nintendo back in the day 8)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 03:42:22 PM »
Damn...this is awesome.  I only rented the first Ninja Gaiden for Xbox, but it was a very entertaining (and very difficult) game.

If Ninja Gaiden 2 is even half as good as the first, this game will rock.