Author Topic: Exclusive: Download 213 - "Groupie Love" (first single) Right Here!  (Read 1610 times)

mauzip

Re:Exclusive: Download 213 - "Groupie Love" (first single) Right Here!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 10:24:41 AM »
Oh shit, this is tight. Best song I've heard by them so far! Warren came wit' it & the beat is nuts. Straight West Coast shit. I thought more people would like it.

No, some people just say they don't like it because they think it's cool to not like it. This song and Dolla Dolla Bill are better than most of the songs they brought out lately.

BL7

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2004, 10:33:32 AM »
Oh shit, this is tight. Best song I've heard by them so far! Warren came wit' it & the beat is nuts. Straight West Coast shit. I thought more people would like it.

No, some people just say they don't like it because they think it's cool to not like it. This song and Dolla Dolla Bill are better than most of the songs they brought out lately.

You might be onto something there. Maybe it'll just take a while to grow on people.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »
Not really what I expected, but its still a pretty dope track.  They mesh together real nice.  This is a good sound for 213 tho for sure.  Im glad they didnt come with a track that sounds like everything else.  They stayed true to their sound and made a dope track.

Thanks Nima

Same here. For some reason the track reminds me of 'Bacc on the blocc' and Warrens verse sounds like Kurupt in the beginning.Must be me.

Dope track though! 8)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2004, 10:45:32 AM »
This song is SICK I've been bumping it all day keeps growing on me. Nate kills it, Snoop kills it, Warren kills it!

Since when can Warren flow like this? He's been stepping up..

And Snoop is sick too, I dont like him singing like that too much but when he spits he comes off correct..

And of course Nate sounds dope, his voice is unique..

And Im feeling the production too, straight DJ Pooh sound, str8 westcoast.

Im happy with this song!

BL7

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2004, 11:00:56 AM »
^^^ Yo, thanks for this homie.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2004, 11:05:35 AM »
Wow!!! This is a straight banger! Sounds dope as fuck!!! Thanx for the hook-up Nima!!!

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 11:16:37 AM »
im likin the beat, and every1 comes off pretty tite but i HATE the begining when Snoop says "this is a dj pooh production blah blah blah" i hate when snoop does shit like that lol...... i could see a video 4 this too, in a house party lookin 4 the perfect girl 2 fuck or sumthin

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2004, 11:17:26 AM »
Damm...this track is fire. The beat is hard as hell, somethin I can walk to. And Warren came off hard! For them this is about 85-90% as good as it can get if you ask me. I don't see why people are knockin it.

hector

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2004, 11:29:41 AM »
The beat is really dope, nice to see they at least got a DJ Pooh beat.  rappin is avg, nate's singing is avg.  Overall I give it a above avg rating, mostly thanks to the beat.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2004, 11:33:28 AM »
Since when can Warren flow like this? He's been stepping up..
Yeah, that's cause he's been concentratin in his rhymes instead of making beats for the album, man I thought you knew!!  ;D ;D ;D

All jokes aside, it's growing on me and I'm beginning to get my faith back (faith I had in the beginning, lost when I heard Neptunes-soundin snippets, got back when I heard "find a way" and "dolla dolla bill", lost when they said Warren wasn't gonna produce...).

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2004, 11:36:55 AM »
THIS IS A STRAIGHT BANGER. I LIKE THIS SHIT IS PRETTY TIGHT. I COULD BUMP THIS SONG THE WHOLE SUMMER.

GOTTA GIVE IT UP TO NATE DOPE HOOK LIKE ALWAYS
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 11:41:41 AM by 2paclbc »

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2004, 11:53:26 AM »
Finally a bangin' 213 trac. This is some true Westcoast shit. I'm glad that they got Pooh for they single instead of the Neptunes or Timbaland or some bullshit like that. Maybe this album will be good afterall?

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2004, 12:32:49 PM »
i'm really feelin itll blow bigger than dolla bill woulda.......only problem wqith the song to me is to much of snoop sing rapping still tight though this will be big.......oh yeah warren is rapping fire on every 213 song we've heard so far i have a feeling hes gonna steal the show the most on this cd even without beats
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2004, 12:55:03 PM »
The song is tight
props nima for the song  ;)

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2004, 12:57:50 PM »
i'm really feelin itll blow bigger than dolla bill woulda.......only problem wqith the song to me is to much of snoop sing rapping still tight though this will be big.......oh yeah warren is rapping fire on every 213 song we've heard so far i have a feeling hes gonna steal the show the most on this cd even without beats

Now that you mention it... maybe Snoop heard Warren's rhymes on this one and thought that if Warren came with tight beats he would steal all his shine. All these 213 tracks are makin me anticipate a lot more, if possible, a new Warren G album.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 12:59:25 PM by Da Illest »