Author Topic: My son informed me that Snoop was in a kids movie he saw in theatres  (Read 1395 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: My son informed me that Snoop was in a kids movie he saw in theatres
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
I've seen Snoop in concert 3 times, and I just being in the same room, there is something about him. He's got that superstar swag that just draws people to him. People in interviews have said that, Snoop's just a god damn star.

yo.. but it's kind of ironic for fans like you and me who are old enough to remember the controversy when Snoop first came out.  He had this larger than life gangsta image and there was a media firestorm with them trying to ban him, I even remember our 6th grade teacher having a conversation with the whole class after "Gin and Juice" got pulled from the local R&B station and it made local news...

...now today that same guy is being featured in kids movies like TURBO!  Guess Snoop has really came full circle, props to him

I remember all that, and I remember how happy people were when he fell off in '96-'99. I even mentioned Snoop Dogg is still my favorite rapper, and a teacher and other student said, "man, that's so Jr. High." I was kind of shocked. But by the end of my senior year, Top Dogg was released and everyone at my high school was on his nuts again. From '99-'04 Snoop just stamped himself in the mainstream. But from '92-'96, he was at his best and dude was just a fuckin' star. It's like 2Pac in those days was the best rapper, hands down, but Snoop was your favorite rapper. He had that extra something that not even 'Pac or Biggie had that just made people gravitate to him. I'd say 'Pac eventually developed that in '96, but Snoop was just naturally like that from the start when he was only 20 years old.

Uhh, 2pac was the best rapper? Nobody thought 2pac was the best rapper at the time. That came after his death, same with Biggie. They were popular and had fans but it was no difference than when Snoop came out. As far as skill people always were talking about your Wu-Tang's, Nas' etc etc and then the older artists ala Rakim, Kool G Rap, KRS and so on and i'm not talking on some Eastcoast vs. Westcoast biasness either.

2pac or Biggie were never considered the best, even at that time really. They made dope music with help from Puff and so on in Biggie's case but weren't the greatest rappers. They still ain't.

But i'm guessing you grow up on 2pac and Biggie when the media hype came so i understand.

Say what? When All Eyez on Me dropped 2pac was the biggest rap star by far. And Biggie was king of NY, undisputed. Who was bigger than them at the time?

His last post, he admitted he was trolling.

Lol I didn't make it that far.

And you believe him? I said HE's trolling.

Well, it can read either way. It read like either I'm trolling or your trolling. I took it as your trolling since you obviously are trolling.