2 (6.1%)
Pistons in 5
1 (3%)
Pistons in 6
3 (9.1%)
Pistons in 7
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Lakers vs Pistons - NBA Finals  (Read 2490 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Lakers vs Pistons - NBA Finals
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2004, 05:20:54 PM »
actually lakers have the best offense.

yipyup, 68 points aint bad at all.

P.S.: dont tell me again the tale of the team that could do so much better but just doesnt.. for reasons like "they dont take it serious" etc.. LoL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2004, 05:45:57 PM »
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=545&ncid=755&e=1&u=/ap/20040613/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bkn_nba_finals

pistons will be the first team since 1979, to win a championship without having a "superstar". kinda of interesting if you think about it.

but thats "if" they win.

Free Kobe!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2004, 12:19:22 AM »
I think it's pathetic Laker-Fans still look for excuses like momentum stuff and whatever.

Why cant you just accept that the Detroit Pistons actually are a great team. Not in an obvious fantastic way, since they arent wizards with the ball or great scorers and all that stuff... but they are a great, GREAT defensive team. Which makes em a great team. Face it and move on.

P.S.:

Mavs --> best offense --> out in round one, clearly

Pistons --> best defense --> currently in the NBA Finals, owning the Lakers since the start of Game 1

Nobody is looking for excuses...Dude was saying Laker fans don't cheer as hard, and the Laker bench doesn't support the team as well as other team's benches...I simply said you can't be cheering for your team (as hard) when the momentum is going in the other direction...I know Lakers are playing shitty now, and I know Detroit is playing good...That's all it comes down to...But the fact that you think Mavs have the best offense is mind-boggling...They can score, no doubt, but they throw up a lot of bullshit shots, especially Antoine Walker...Just because the Lakers scored 68 points in one game, doesn't mean they can't be the best offensive team...It's not like the Lakers average 68 points, they just had an off game...If Kobe had 11 points the other night, does that mean he's not the best offensive shooting guard? You're just talking now, like everyone did when the Spurs were up 2-0, but we'll see who gets the last word... ::)

Montana00

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2004, 07:32:39 AM »
Im going to be praying all today dont bother me. Lakers need this win.

and i swear....if lindsay hunter is guarding kobe again they better give him the fucking ball.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2004, 10:42:36 AM »
Im going to be praying all today dont bother me. Lakers need this win.

and i swear....if lindsay hunter is guarding kobe again they better give him the fucking ball.
game 4 today...should be good....lakers going to even it up today....and i expect a big game from them......im still sticking with lakers in 6 but its going to be hard.....but i still stick with the lakers takin it all if you guys have ever learned anything is to never count the lakers out....

Montana00

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2004, 12:50:13 PM »
lol right now im praying for a game 6 to exist

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2004, 03:27:12 PM »
pistons are just a better team...their deffense is sick...this one doesnt go back to la...lakers are over matched....oh and kobe 1 point in the first half...i never wanna hear a jordan comparison again

Pistons are a better team? LMAOOOO...Let me give you some advice, never be an NBA analyst...And because Kobe had ONE bad game, that means he can't be compared to Jordan anymore? You think Jordan never had off games? And it's not just that, because everyone on the Lakers were playing bad. It's not like Kobe was the only one who blew it...Also, Shaq scored 2 points in the second half, does that mean he's not the greatest/one of the greatest centers of all time anymore? Come on man, get out of here with that shit...Ask Isaiah Thomas if you ain't knowing.
in the nba finals...no jordan never had a game that bad not even close...when jordan scored 30....they would consider it an off night for him...kobe scores 30 and people in LA think its the second coming of jesus or something....kobe is a nice player...but he's no mj....oh if the pistons arent a better hows come they have been out played for the whole finals except for like 5 min...just wait and watch game 4 and watch the pistons dominate the lakers again then we'll see who's the nba analyst

oh and check out a recent espn.com poll asking if you could choose either player at age 25 who would you take...of the 300,000 responders a whopping 80% for some reason ;) picked mj...end of discussion

if kobe is dumb enough to leave la and shaq...one person comes to mind...penny hardaway...i dont see kobe dropping of that much...but he'll drop off big time
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 03:31:18 PM by KING VerbalAssaulta »

Montana00

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2004, 04:27:28 PM »
yea i agree if he leaves la, his fame is going to go downhill.

no one can compare to mj

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2004, 04:31:02 PM »
if Lakers lose today, I dont see Kobe staying in LA.
why should he?
he's an attention whore, he doesnt want the most dominant player ever in his team if having him in his team does not even make his team winning the NBA championship.
No, it's not a sin

JTSimon

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2004, 04:39:07 PM »
Pistons 3-1

Double teaming Shaq is the main reason why Pistons are owning the Lakers and I don't see that changing because Shaq is a big piece of shit.

Montana00

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2004, 05:23:34 PM »
i think getting karl malone was a mistake.

his talent left with stockton.

they should have gotten a younger power forward. because now look where we are.... karl's hurt, and hes fucking up the team because of it. and no its not an excuse.

Rasheed wallace is killing him in the post.
malone is missing jumpshots because of his knee
hes slow
and hes always falling. :)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »
a-ha... payton makes his first decent game in the playoffs  :D

_________

awkward question...: do the Lakers have another player than Shaq? he does EVERYTHING right now. bryant aint shit (again). bryant has a MINUS-efficiency right now, LOL

_________

if it wasnt for his last shot 24 secondes fore end of the 1st half, kobe had 2/13 shooting... LOOL!
he ruined the lakers. taking and missing crazy shots... why doesnt he get that shaq is simply the better option.
comparing shaq's stats to kobe's aint even funny.

... oh yea and Bryant still has a MINUS-EFFICIENCY... LMFAO

shaq continues owning and bryant continues  ruining the lakers... misses shots, causes turnovers... daaamn.. why cant he see that shaq is tha man and just pass the ball

all quarters have been even so far, and Bryant has STILL a MINUS-Efficiency.. unbelieveable.
It's all about Shaq. Pistons have to foul Shaq in the 4th quarter. Then, when he misses FT's, they'll have their chance.

lol 'Sheed is an emotional dude...

2nd half of the 4th quarter... it's gonna be a showdown  8)

Shaq as an efficiency of 50!!!! and they still dont always give him the ball.. fuckin morons.

Kobe keeps his MINUS-efficiency, lol..

double digit lead for detroit... are they gonna make it?

no Laker besides Shaq has an efficiency over 6, you cant get NBA Champion with that, face it.

at least Kobe managed to get positive efficiency now, LOL, he got 2 now. Jordan where ya at?

Lakers are done.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 09:04:03 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2004, 06:45:04 PM »
a-ha... payton makes his first decent game in the playoffs  :D

(gonna edit this post from time to time)

tell me about it the glove has finally gone on. he must have lost for.....the whole season.

---------------------------------------------------------

if lakers keep playing like this into the 2nd half they got this game easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------

bryants doing a whole lotta nothing, hopefully he comesback in the 2nd quarter

im having a heartattack the lakers are playing so fucking bad except for shaq. and kobe is just hurting the team.

this is pathetic, why do i bother to watch the lakers play. they have dissapointed me for the last time.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 08:57:11 PM by rampant »

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2004, 08:49:49 PM »
I feel sorry for teams like Minnesota and San Antonio that would actually contend and play like a championship team...

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2004, 08:57:05 PM »
3-1 i am loving it.