Author Topic: A question for y'all?  (Read 217 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
A question for y'all?
« on: June 03, 2004, 12:31:07 AM »
Aight...now everyone is always bitchin' and complaining how club/party tracs are "runing" or are "bad" for hip-hop. Specifically Lil' Jon. Well my question is why? Simple enough?

IMO music that makes people wanna dance, and puts them in a good spirit is a GOOD thing. Now I agree that it ain't necessarily good hip-hop, and people should stop referring to it as that, but it is good MUSIC. And most of these artists know they ain't dope or anything. Example: the Ying Yang Twins have said that they just wanna make music that people can dance to. Period. And they definitely accomplish they goal. So what's wrong with that? And think of this: would anyone seriously go to clubs and dance to tracs like "Jesus Walks" ? I hardly think so. So drop ya comments, thoughts, opinions, whatever. Oh yeah...and keep it civil guys.

We Fly High

Re:A question for y'all?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 12:36:19 AM »
yeah a lot of you guys are hella bitchin and compliainin about these club/party tracks and how they ruin hip hop... true its not excellent hip hop music... but it makes me think that you guys have never been in a club/party situation.. these tracks serve a purpose and they serve it well in this way.. like i wouldnt usually listen to a lil jon track.. but shit when im at a party, theres nothing else i would rather listen to.. bottom line is.. all im looking for is a FAT ASS BEAT to rock the party..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 12:39:20 AM by justin718 »

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 12:56:53 AM »
tracks like that are good for 2 things...dancing to, and bumping in a car....i would never sit down and actually listen to those kind of songs while im at home or anything...but if im dancing with a hot girl i dont want the next song to be some immortal technique or anything ya know?

hector

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 01:14:59 AM »
Well I'll speak for myself and only myself.  I can't stand most of the music that is considered a club banger these days.  shit like Lil jon, Yin Yan twinz, 50 cent, Nelly, Bonecrusher, whatever you name it.  

but if im dancing with a hot girl i dont want the next song to be some immortal technique or anything ya know?

I don't think anyone has ever said that they would.  Just becuase I say I hate the club shit that they play these days, doesn't mean that I want some crazy ass lyrical shit up in there.

I luv club bangers, club bangers really influenced my liking of rap music: Nuthin but a G Thang, Dre Day, Let Me Ride, Gin and Juice, What's My Name, Ain't No Fun, This DJ, etc, etc.  I have nothing against club songs at all.  Just these days, the club songs that get play are fucking shitty imo.  There are plenty of club bangers out, but they just don't get play.  Roscoe's album had plenty on there, Knoc's album had plenty, Hi-C, Suga Free, man I can name dope club songs for ever.

There is a lot of rap that I HATE.  doesn't matter if I hear it in a club, in the car, on the radio, on my stereo, at a party, etc.  I don't like shitty ass rap.

IMO music that makes people wanna dance, and puts them in a good spirit is a GOOD thing. Now I agree that it ain't necessarily good hip-hop, and people should stop referring to it as that, but it is good MUSIC.

And you say it is "good" music?  well who the fuck is to judge what good music is?  I sure as hell don't agree that it is good music.

Here is something that you guys don't understand:
These tracks that become "huge popular club bangers" don't just automatically become club bangers loved by everyone.  They get there first by getting played a shitload of times on the radio and tv.  People start recognizing them.    A lot of people just hear the songs so goddamn much that they become accustomed to it.  Do you think that before Lil Jon was so well known, that if they put a song of his on in the club that it would get such a response?  Hell no.

but I don't care.  Most this board likes shitty ass rap anyways.  I'mma listen to what I like regardless of anyone else.  Fuck that bullshit on the radio.

I been to plenty clubs/parties.  I could name thousands of bangers that I'd rather hear than the bullshit that gets played.  And I'm talking about club/party type songs.  You won't ever catch me bobbin my head to some bullshit ass wack wannabe rap shit like Lil Jon or the Yin Yan twinz.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 01:17:16 AM by The Nigga From Compton Thats Stompin' »

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 05:52:53 AM »
I HATE club bangers period especially that Lil Jon bullshit and all the other fucks from Atlanta that make music that I can't listen to.

Unlike some people I don't listen to music to have fun or dance so yeah I hate the shit.

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 08:31:59 AM »
Don't like that shit very much too I musst say...

but hey it's not like OMG that shit sucks  ::)

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 10:31:45 AM »
First of all: Good thread. I like discussing things like this :D

...IMO music that makes people wanna dance, and puts them in a good spirit is a GOOD thing. Now I agree that it ain't necessarily good hip-hop, and people should stop referring to it as that, but it is good MUSIC. And most of these artists know they ain't dope or anything...

I totally agree with that. There are hella people that just wanna make music people can dance too. That's what pop is all about. And it's good in my opinion that some rappers do "club-songs" too, because I rather listen to a rapped club-song, than a pop-song by Justin Timberlake, or whoever.

BUT what is fucked up about the club-song-hype is that many rappers forget their roots and start doing this type of music JUST FOR THE MONEY. Lil' Jon for example can do this club-songs whenever he wants to, because he has never done anything else in my opinion. But if people like the Wu-Tang Clan start doing this music, they definitely do it also for the money, and that sucks, because they totally change their style. Compare the old Wu-Tang releases to the new ones, they changed drastically.

...Do you think that before Lil Jon was so well known, that if they put a song of his on in the club that it would get such a response?  Hell no...

Hell yeah, I think so. It doesn't matter who the club-song did, it's just about the quality. From my personal experience I can say that I played a lot of club-songs off unknown rappers at partys where I had the possibility to, and people liked it and were like: "Yo, who's that?"
You're right if you say that people that once had a huge club-song get too much hype from that on. Like the Neptunes or Lil' Jon: They had a couple of dope beats and can now do whatever they want, people will like it, DJ's will play it. They just get played more easily than unknown dudes, but if any unknown rapper has a good club-song and gets played in a club, people will be interested too.

...There are plenty of club bangers out, but they just don't get play.  Roscoe's album had plenty on there, Knoc's album had plenty, Hi-C, Suga Free, man I can name dope club songs for ever...

I have to agree with that though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 10:40:10 AM by The T'cha »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 10:44:27 AM »
i luv club bangers

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 11:23:19 AM »
if i like the beat i will dance to it  ;D

peace  8)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 11:32:32 AM »
Well I'll speak for myself and only myself.  I can't stand most of the music that is considered a club banger these days.  shit like Lil jon, Yin Yan twinz, 50 cent, Nelly, Bonecrusher, whatever you name it.  

but if im dancing with a hot girl i dont want the next song to be some immortal technique or anything ya know?

I don't think anyone has ever said that they would.  Just becuase I say I hate the club shit that they play these days, doesn't mean that I want some crazy ass lyrical shit up in there.

I luv club bangers, club bangers really influenced my liking of rap music: Nuthin but a G Thang, Dre Day, Let Me Ride, Gin and Juice, What's My Name, Ain't No Fun, This DJ, etc, etc.  I have nothing against club songs at all.  Just these days, the club songs that get play are fucking shitty imo.  There are plenty of club bangers out, but they just don't get play.  Roscoe's album had plenty on there, Knoc's album had plenty, Hi-C, Suga Free, man I can name dope club songs for ever.

There is a lot of rap that I HATE.  doesn't matter if I hear it in a club, in the car, on the radio, on my stereo, at a party, etc.  I don't like shitty ass rap.

IMO music that makes people wanna dance, and puts them in a good spirit is a GOOD thing. Now I agree that it ain't necessarily good hip-hop, and people should stop referring to it as that, but it is good MUSIC.

And you say it is "good" music?  well who the fuck is to judge what good music is?  I sure as hell don't agree that it is good music.

Here is something that you guys don't understand:
These tracks that become "huge popular club bangers" don't just automatically become club bangers loved by everyone.  They get there first by getting played a shitload of times on the radio and tv.  People start recognizing them.    A lot of people just hear the songs so goddamn much that they become accustomed to it.  Do you think that before Lil Jon was so well known, that if they put a song of his on in the club that it would get such a response?  Hell no.

but I don't care.  Most this board likes shitty ass rap anyways.  I'mma listen to what I like regardless of anyone else.  Fuck that bullshit on the radio.

I been to plenty clubs/parties.  I could name thousands of bangers that I'd rather hear than the bullshit that gets played.  And I'm talking about club/party type songs.  You won't ever catch me bobbin my head to some bullshit ass wack wannabe rap shit like Lil Jon or the Yin Yan twinz.

Major co-signage

Ante Up - thats a club banger
Simon Says - that a club banger
Protect Your Neck Part 2 The Jumpoff - thats a club banger

Lil Jon ish - wack shit that gets played so damn much on the radio that people just dance to it cause they know it.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 11:43:39 AM »

I say it's good music because it makes people feel good, and makes them wanna hop on a dance floor and have a good time. What's not good about that? You wouldn't consider "Yeah" good music? There's nothing really negative about the song, it has a good beat, and it makes you wanna dance.

Do you think that before Lil Jon was so well known, that if they put a song of his on in the club that it would get such a response?  Hell no.

As big a response? No. But a good enough response to get on the dance floor with a fine chic? Of course. Regardless of if you've heard 100 times, or if it's your 1st time, you're gonna feel the beat and wanna dance to it. Club songs aren't the type that "grow" on people.

hector

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 01:08:33 PM »
I say it's good music because it makes people feel good, and makes them wanna hop on a dance floor and have a good time. What's not good about that? You wouldn't consider "Yeah" good music? There's nothing really negative about the song, it has a good beat, and it makes you wanna dance.

It makes me wanna stick a screwdriver in my ear.  there is nothing good about that imo.

As big a response? No. But a good enough response to get on the dance floor with a fine chic? Of course. Regardless of if you've heard 100 times, or if it's your 1st time, you're gonna feel the beat and wanna dance to it. Club songs aren't the type that "grow" on people.

dude people like things that they are accustomed too.  You always will feel more comfortable around people you know, rather than strangers.  Just like people will feel more comfortable dancing to a song that they hear all the time vs a song that its their first time hearing it ever at the club.  Having a song be played on the radio and mtv constantly gives it a huge advantage of being a popular club song.

Lets see:  most westcoast club songs that they play are old songs like old deathrow stuff and 2Pac.  Very rarely do you hear a new wc song in the club.  All those songs like nuthing but a g thang, gin and juice, cali love, etc. all great radio and tv play.  Lil Jon has been around for years dude, how come you never heard him in the club in 2000?  cuz he had no video or airplay.  Twista been around for years, dropped dope ass album back in the day?  You ever hear him in the club?  Fuck no.  but now you do?  why?  cuz all the radio and tv play.  They all go hand in hand dude.  I'd like you to name a coule of popular club songs that don't get major radio and video play.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2004, 02:41:54 PM »

Lets see:  most westcoast club songs that they play are old songs like old deathrow stuff and 2Pac.  Very rarely do you hear a new wc song in the club.  All those songs like nuthing but a g thang, gin and juice, cali love, etc. all great radio and tv play.  Lil Jon has been around for years dude, how come you never heard him in the club in 2000?  cuz he had no video or airplay.  Twista been around for years, dropped dope ass album back in the day?  You ever hear him in the club?  Fuck no.  but now you do?  why?  cuz all the radio and tv play.  They all go hand in hand dude.  I'd like you to name a coule of popular club songs that don't get major radio and video play.

That's true, but they were still comin' out with club-type tracs. It's not they faults that the mainstream is just now pickin' this shit up. Lil' Jon has always been makin' the same type of music. And I've always liked his shit since the beginning. But now that every damn club in North America plays it I'm glad, cuz I love to dance to that shit. That's all I'm sayin'.

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 03:08:56 PM »

Don't forget that clubs have more people in them than YOU.  Just because you consider a WC track or whatever a club song it doesn't mean everyone else does.

The DJs have to think of everyone. That's why popular stuff gets played because everyone knows it. It gets the ladies going for a start.

KoDy.

Suga Foot

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »
I just take it for what it is.  Music is Music.