Author Topic: Can we stop the jordan an kobe comparisons for now  (Read 1064 times)

teecee

Re:Can we stop the jordan an kobe comparisons for now
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2004, 11:12:58 PM »
yo man, you miss my fucking point, this is why everyone thinks you are a fucking idiot.   You say jordan never came from a court date to score forty, who gives a fuck.  While jordan wasnt a model  citizen, he never caught a case so he was never in the situation!!! is that to hard to understand?

and NIK, do you even read my post, cuz you dont actually respond to any point i make man......i do acknowledge Kobe has a long career left, and its hard to say if he will be better without shaq next year or if he is better with Shaq.  I know he will have a great career, he already has..........its just premature to compare, because he has YET to put his name on even one MVP.   Its not to say Shaq won that shit by himself, but he was the MVP, not Kobe.  Just like Jordan at this age, people did not think MJ was as good as Magic or Bird............

I have always said Kobe could end up being better than MJ, but so far its not even close man.  IF he takes this series over and the LAkers win another title, that would be a start.....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 11:17:09 PM »
So you're basically agreeing with what I'm saying, yet calling me an idiot at the same time...I said you can't count Kobe out, because his career isn't even close to finished, and by the end of his career, he WILL be up there with Jordan...And you say I didn't read YOUR posts?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 03:16:44 AM »
if Kobe leaves the Lakers now and goes to a team that doesnt have an amazing player in it, like the clippers, then we will see what he can do. as long as he has the most dominant player in his team it's just not possible.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 03:17:15 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

NeoSoul

• 'G'
  • Minutes To Midnight
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 05:32:15 AM »
i agree that we need to wait until kobe has finished his career. but saying that the scoring of the two players makes them better players is wrong. how many other dominant players were in chicago. pippen was consitent but jordan had priority over him. kobe does not have that comfort shaq gets the ball more than kobe does. so the scoring is spread around a lot more on the lakers team when compared to the bulls team. if kobe was in that bulls team i think he would be putting up numbers like jordan. the bulls never had a dominant center

JTSimon

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 06:47:23 AM »
yeah we should end the comparisons, cause kobe is better.

Better at raping chicks...Jordan just promises them 5 million dollars ;D

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 08:37:07 AM »
kobe is the next penny hardaway...wait and see once their is no shaq

no i saw every finals game jordan played in and never did he play anywhere near as bad as kobe did

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 09:46:21 AM »
How old are these fucking idiots saying Kobe is even close to as good as Jordan?  What we are seeing in the finals is that it IS Shaq who is the best Laker, Kobe has been horrible in the finals (despite hitting some very difficult shots).  

And Nik, as for Jordan having off games in the finals, just know Jordan played in six finals, got MVP six times mutherfucker!  After this series, Kobe will have played four finals and have zero finals mvps.  Is that a good enough comparsison for you or do we need to explain it better?  

True, if Kobe dominates the next three games and the Lakers do win, then and only then can you start the Kobe/Jordan comparisons.  Until then, its a bit premature.  Sure, Kobe is a GREAT player at a very young age, but he still has a long way to go.  I think he will sign elsewhere after this year and try to find HIS OWN team, where he doesnn't have to defer to Shaq.  Then we will see if Kobe can win one being the main player....

as for Isaih saying Kobe>Jordan, know that it was isaih who froze out jordan in the first all star game, and it was isaih who led his team off the court with out shaking hands when they lost to the bulls after the pistons two titles. So NIK, get your shit straight.............Nik, it is probably you who only knows of Jordna from the highlights, and that is the reason you cant comprehend how good and how clutch he was..........peace

Yea, but how long did it take Jordan to get to that first ring? That's right bitch...You can call me an idiot, but then you'll just be calling 75% of NBA analysts idiots as well...If you're dismissing Kobe that quickly (before he's even halfway through his career), then I think YOU'RE the idiot... ::)

Do you really think Kobe would have even made it near the finals if Shaq wasn't on the team? You can replace Kobe with like ten other guys out there and Shaq will still win championships with them.

You wanna compare Kobe to someone, compare him to Pippen. They're both great supplementary player who need a leader to take them to the finals.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 09:47:07 AM by Shallow »

Montana00

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2004, 10:11:06 AM »
ok you guys are forgetting how good kobe really is. of course without shaq he couldnt get to the finals. because even michael jordan needed a good team to get to the championship. You honestly think that if it was jordan, and 4 horrible players they would have won all the championships? hell no.

kobe AND shaq play a part in the championship games.

god i swear he plays 2 bad games and suddenly hes a mediocre player.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2004, 10:32:47 AM »
The Bulls without Jordan were not the Clippers...so please dont say if Kobe joins the clippers we will see how they really match up.

The only fucken possible way u can see the difference if Kobe goes back in time and live in Jordans shoes when Phil Jackson comes in and brings the triangle offense and gives him the talk of distributing the ball to his teammates.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2004, 01:14:34 PM »
yeah we should end the comparisons, cause kobe is better.

:o that was unbelievably retarded lol

u have to measure a player for what theyve done their entire career. Kobe's had so many up n down moments, never has been as consistent as Jordan was...especially during playoff time. Maybe by the end of Kobe's career u could make a comparison, but u have to wait and see what he does from here on out. Its like Ken Griffey Jr. He was on pace to break damn near every single slugging record out there, and maybe be one of, if not the best hitters of all time. 8-9 yrs ago, people were saying he was a better player then Willy Mays and a better slugger then Hank Aaron...and now, he's just barely gettin back into the spotlight. So u gotta let a career play all the way out before u compare someone...especially to somebody like Jordan.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 01:35:24 PM »
i dont get people who compare kobe and jordan...for example people talk about how kobe got 3 rings so early it took jordan for ever to get his or whatever......well of course your going to do that when you have shaq and a good team at your side.....jordan didnt have that.....but then the whole kobe scores less and does less than jordan cause jordan had a kinda weak team and he did everything....wtf is that all about stick to one thing....its like shaq is on the team so he cant score......kobe has 3 rings way earlier than jordan he is better.....well its cause he had shaq too....i dont know if you see what im trying to say...but its stupid....its like back and forth at first its good to have shaq and then its bad to have shaq......jordan was great regardless and no one has even come close to what he has done for the league and how he has influenced and changed the league.....kobe has a long trip before i can even mention them in the same league....

pappy

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »
The Bulls without Jordan were not the Clippers...so please dont say if Kobe joins the clippers we will see how they really match up.

The only fucken possible way u can see the difference if Kobe goes back in time and live in Jordans shoes when Phil Jackson comes in and brings the triangle offense and gives him the talk of distributing the ball to his teammates.

the bulls b4 pippen and the first year into his career were a lot worse than the current clippers.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2004, 02:25:42 PM »
ok you guys are forgetting how good kobe really is. of course without shaq he couldnt get to the finals. because even michael jordan needed a good team to get to the championship. You honestly think that if it was jordan, and 4 horrible players they would have won all the championships? hell no.

kobe AND shaq play a part in the championship games.

god i swear he plays 2 bad games and suddenly hes a mediocre player.

What I am trying to say here is Kobe can be replaced. If you put him on another big team between '99 and 2001 his team would still lose to the Lakers, aslong as they had someone half descent to replace him.

With Jordan this isn't the case. To say he could go on any team in the mid '90s and win the championship is absurd, but what is for sure is if he left the Bulls, the Bulls would not win. Now if Jordan had joined the Pistons, Spurs, Knicks, Suns, Magic, Jazz or even the Lakers, any one of those teams would have been champs. If Kobe left and joined the top contenders, the only team you could make a case for is Sacramento or San Antonio.

The bottom line is; one is a legend the other is just a really good ball player.

Jordan can be argued as being the best ever. Russel, Wilt, Larry, Magic, Isaiah, hell even Duncan are all way more important for a team than Kobe will ever be. You can quote me on that one.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 03:07:57 PM »
^^You are one fuckin' idiot for saying Kobe is more comparable to Pippen...Shawn Marion is comparable to Pippen, not Kobe, you fuckin moron. ::)

You will all see in the near future- quote me on that

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2004, 04:36:26 PM »
^^You are one fuckin' idiot for saying Kobe is more comparable to Pippen...Shawn Marion is comparable to Pippen, not Kobe, you fuckin moron. ::)

You will all see in the near future- quote me on that

I just wanna say this has nothing to do with what happened last night, I always thought Kobe was great but never legendary. He will never carry a team to the championship as the marquee guy, and time will prove this.

And don't put down Pippen, he was a very important aspect to the Bulls (much like Kobe was with LA), he just wasn't the key to their victories. You can call me a "fuckin moron" all you want but if you seriously think that Shaq was not the main reason LA won those three championships then you need help.

If Kobe's the reason LA won those championships, then Dwight Clark's the reason the 49ers beat the Cowboys in '81, and that Joe Montana guy is just the one that threw the ball to him. Or better yet Robert Parrish is the only reason Larry Bird ever won anything.

How long have even been watching sports?