Author Topic: DAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaamn check out my new guitar  (Read 186 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
DAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaamn check out my new guitar
« on: June 20, 2004, 02:05:51 AM »
Les paul custom with the 24 kt gold accents....::in dave chappelle voice:: BIIIIIITCH!

;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)

fuck a strat!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Tha_Reverend

Re:DAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaamn check out my new guitar
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 07:25:29 PM »
nice shit.  

but can you make it sing?

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 07:40:58 PM »
nice

JTSimon

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 07:42:15 PM »

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 09:00:23 PM »
It's nice, but I never liked Les Paul's, because EVERYBODY likes Les Paul's.  Everybody HAS Strats, and they all want Les Paul's... so the uh... non-conformist conformist in me actually likes the Strats better, since they don't get any respect.  I follow Eric Clapton's school of thought.  If the music's good enough, it doesn't matter what instrument you're playing.  

I'll tell ya an interesting guitar, check out Danelectro's.  I've got two of those, they've got a lot of character to them.  And they cost about a tenth of that nice Les Paul you've got there!  It is a nice guitar though, i'm just saying it's not my cup of tea.  If I was gonna go all out and drop thousands on a guitar, I'd buy a Richenbacher.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 12:38:23 AM »
i bought it because it had the best tone out of all the gutiars at guitar center, and the sustain is  :o i mean you can hold a note for 15 minutes if you wanted to on it. i was going to buy an SG orginally because of the the double cutaway (i play a lot of solos) but when i saw this , I HAD TO PLAY IT. i got it on sale too, for only 800 (still high but a quarter of what it could be)

i really can't stand fenders or ibanezes. one they all have poor sustain, and the action is always screwy and everyone i know who has one they have crappy pickups, and since most fenders have those single coil ones it's hard to find a half way decent aftermarket pick up like EMG . Then two Fenders are a rip off really the least expensive ones are over priced when it comes to the quality of those things and the parts they put on it. I mean yeah they might be only 400 or 200 bucks but that's still too much when you consider how much the material is actually worth on that thing.

thats just my opinion though....i like that eric clapton quote though , you can have a les paul , but if you can't play it there's no point.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09