Author Topic: Jackson leaves Lakers; Shaq immediately requests trade  (Read 1173 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Jackson leaves Lakers; Shaq immediately requests trade
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2004, 04:39:16 PM »
Mavericks are insane.. look what they offer for Shaq:

Antoine Walker, Steve Nash, Marquis Daniels, Rookie, Laetner..ALL for SHAQ

if Lakers dont do this I dont know what to say.. I hope they dont though

Mavericks are insane? If they get Shaq, that's their championship....Imagine Shaq, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Finley...You are insane, man...Antoine Walker? I pray to God he never gets to wear a Laker jersey, and who the fuck needs Steve Nash? Lakers don't need anymore guards.. They're looking to fill in the Forward position now... ::)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 04:39:40 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2004, 05:04:10 PM »
Before there was NO Magic...Before there was Cedric Ceballos and Eddie Jones...They were still making the playoffs during those years...   ::)
you have to consider the times those teams that made the playoffs were playing in.  back then the east teams were dominant and it wasn't a struggle to make the playoffs for any west team.

today in 2004 where the west teams are more dominant, the 8th seed is about 8 games above 500.  all you have to do is look at the 8th seed from last year and ask yourself... could a laker team with no kobe and no shaq beat that team the majority of the time?  i think the 8th seed was denver and i remember they barely got by them during the regular season and that was WITH kobe and shaq.  you're going to tell me that they could beat them without 'em?

I am considering the times...It was Shawn Kemp & Gary Payton's Sonic team...Karl Malone & John Stockton's Jazz team...Hakeem Olojuwan & Clyde Drexler's Rocket team...Charles Barkley & Dan Majerle's Sun team...David Robinson & Sean Elliot's Spur team...Tim Hardaway & Chris Mullin's Warrior team...Cliff Robinson & Jerome Kersey's Blazer team...Then there was the Lakers; the Lakers of Eddie Jones & Cedric Ceballos...Don't tell me the West wasn't strong back in those days, cuz they were...As a matter of fact, in '94 and '95, the West took it...Remember the Houston repeat? Yea, now please don't try coming up with another bullshit excuse...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2004, 05:46:28 PM »
Mavericks are insane.. look what they offer for Shaq:

Antoine Walker, Steve Nash, Marquis Daniels, Rookie, Laetner..ALL for SHAQ

if Lakers dont do this I dont know what to say.. I hope they dont though

Mavericks are insane? If they get Shaq, that's their championship....Imagine Shaq, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Finley...You are insane, man...Antoine Walker? I pray to God he never gets to wear a Laker jersey, and who the fuck needs Steve Nash? Lakers don't need anymore guards.. They're looking to fill in the Forward position now... ::)

lol calm down homie. it's their championship, yes. but in  like 3 years shaq isnt worth shit no more. and then? walker and nash will play on quite a time, not to talk about the rookie and the sophomore. if you only look at next season, the trade is good. if you look at the next 5 years, the trade is garbage. and walker is actually a forward btw.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2004, 06:22:18 PM »
No shit Walker is a Forward. But like I said, I pray to God Walker never gets to wear a Laker jersey...I'd take Brian Cook over Walkers 3-point launching, no defense having ass...PeACe

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2004, 08:30:56 PM »
I am considering the times...It was Shawn Kemp & Gary Payton's Sonic team...Karl Malone & John Stockton's Jazz team...Hakeem Olojuwan & Clyde Drexler's Rocket team...Charles Barkley & Dan Majerle's Sun team...David Robinson & Sean Elliot's Spur team...Tim Hardaway & Chris Mullin's Warrior team...Cliff Robinson & Jerome Kersey's Blazer team...Then there was the Lakers; the Lakers of Eddie Jones & Cedric Ceballos...Don't tell me the West wasn't strong back in those days, cuz they were...As a matter of fact, in '94 and '95, the West took it...Remember the Houston repeat? Yea, now please don't try coming up with another bullshit excuse...PeACe

ummm... ok, nobody cares about that.  we're talking about today... why are you avoiding the original question?  could the the lakers make it to the playoffs with their current roster minus shaq and kobe?  oh, i know why you didn't answer... you don't want to admit that they wouldn't.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2004, 09:09:14 PM »

ummm... ok, nobody cares about that.  we're talking about today... why are you avoiding the original question?  could the the lakers make it to the playoffs with their current roster minus shaq and kobe?  oh, i know why you didn't answer... you don't want to admit that they wouldn't.

No, we weren't talking about today, we were talking about the Lakers that made it to the playoffs year after year without Kobe or Shaq, and then I sonned you...And to answer your question, yes, I do think the Lakers can make it to the playoffs without Kobe or Shaq...Now shut up, or I'll mush your face in.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Jackson leaves Lakers; Shaq immediately requests trade
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2004, 09:41:23 PM »
if you go up a few posts you will see that i did ask you that question before...  as a matter of fact... that's why you brought up the old laker teams that went to the playoffs without shaq, kobe, or magic.  maybe if you could stop thinking about kobe's nut sack for more than 2 seconds, you'd be able to focus on what it is you were supposed to be discussing... rather than the nonsense you usually post.  peace.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2004, 10:06:59 PM »
 :'( <~~~NIK if Kobe goes to SA lol

BTW, the Lakers wont win much of anything without Shaq and Kobe next year. Thats just obvious. Now, if they were to keep one of them...and pick up some other people, theyd probably make the playoffs. But i doubt winning a championship. If it wasnt this year, it probably wont be for a while. Other teams are on the rise, while theyll be on the decline. If theyre smart theyll trade away Shaq while they can get some good quality players for him. Especially considering the idea of Kobe leaving. Too bad for them, Jackson isnt still gonna be around. They could have assembled a team that was more comfortable in the triangle, then what he had. Dont be in denial NIK. Its good to support your team, but u do gotta be real man. If LA loses both Shaq and Kobe, theyre done for a while. Shit, if SA lost Duncan tomorrow...id still support em, but i wouldnt like their chances of doin anything next year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2004, 01:35:42 AM »
if you go up a few posts you will see that i did ask you that question before...  as a matter of fact... that's why you brought up the old laker teams that went to the playoffs without shaq, kobe, or magic.  maybe if you could stop thinking about kobe's nut sack for more than 2 seconds, you'd be able to focus on what it is you were supposed to be discussing... rather than the nonsense you usually post.  peace.

Yes, but the discussion progressed, and we covered different things...That's where I came in and sonned you...Get it?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2004, 01:38:13 AM »
:'( <~~~NIK if Kobe goes to SA lol

BTW, the Lakers wont win much of anything without Shaq and Kobe next year. Thats just obvious. Now, if they were to keep one of them...and pick up some other people, theyd probably make the playoffs. But i doubt winning a championship. If it wasnt this year, it probably wont be for a while. Other teams are on the rise, while theyll be on the decline. If theyre smart theyll trade away Shaq while they can get some good quality players for him. Especially considering the idea of Kobe leaving. Too bad for them, Jackson isnt still gonna be around. They could have assembled a team that was more comfortable in the triangle, then what he had. Dont be in denial NIK. Its good to support your team, but u do gotta be real man. If LA loses both Shaq and Kobe, theyre done for a while. Shit, if SA lost Duncan tomorrow...id still support em, but i wouldnt like their chances of doin anything next year.

I won't give a shit about Kobe if he leaves the Lakers...And I support my team no matter what...You think if Greg Popavich loses Duncan, he'll say, "Oh, I doubt we'll get far this year"...No, because as a coach, he is supposed to support his team...Just like a real fan should do...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2004, 06:19:28 AM »
If Kobe leaves the Lakers, he's a jackass. They trade Shaq because Kobe shall be happy. If he leaves nevertheless, I dont know what to say.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin