Author Topic: Question for all the british members  (Read 160 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Question for all the british members
« on: June 20, 2004, 01:44:36 AM »
as of late my new favorite cd is "permission to land" by The Darkness IMO it's the most underrated album released last year and it's barely catching on here in the states

my question is , i heard that the darkness were  HUGE in the UK , is that true , and what are your opinions on the band

personally i think they're easily the best thing to happen to rock since 1991. Dan and Justin are easily the best guitar duo since Slash and Izzy , and are finally the legit rock band that people have been waiting for........even if the lead singer sings and dresses like mariah carey. lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:Question for all the british members
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 01:52:08 AM »
Yeah they are huge in the UK unfortunately.

They always just struck me as a group taking the piss out of Queen and other 70s/80s rock more than anything. The lead singers voice just annoys me beyond any normal scale of annoyingness.

You might realise I'm not really feeling them. ;D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 02:08:51 AM »
yeah you either love them or hate them ,lol there's no grey area
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 02:09:25 AM by Jake La Motta »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 07:02:38 AM »
its the funny how the uk press make it sound like the darkness r huge in america. Where as in america no one knows who they r.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 08:52:57 AM »
It is also my "album of the week" right now... I listen to it on a regular basis and I like it although I cant say that its good or somehting from a muscial aspect cause I usually don´t listen to this type of music and cant judge...

I´m not from the UK but from Austria and here I guess hardly anyone listens to it... lol

I think in Germany the album came out in October 2003 and usually most of the albums are released the same time in Austria as in Germany but "Permission To Land" first entered the Austrian LP Charts in February 2004 at #52 then had its peak at #40 and then finally disapperead after 8 weeks since its entry at #66 I guess....

I couldnt get no sales figures for this but since Austria is a very small country (~ 8 million people) about 150 people must have bought the album.. lol  :D

chronic333

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 06:54:27 AM »
the darkness r real good, theyre bringing rock back to where it needs to be, u can always trust the brits to do that!

stones, beatles.......