Author Topic: Pharoahe Monch Signing Shady Records  (Read 362 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pharoahe Monch Signing Shady Records
« on: June 21, 2004, 09:54:24 AM »
DJ Low Key came through to the Basement once again to kick it with the crew and show off his skills. Low Key's crate of wax includes the new Roots track, Cee-Lo, Heltah Skeltah, Chino XL, and some Organized Konfusion. To top off this week's set Basementalism brings you an interview for the Basementalism history books. Pharaohe Monch sat down with us for an exclusive interview and finally gives word about his exclusive record deal with Shady Records for (quite possibly) the first time ever in an interview!!! All those internet rumors are finally put to rest. Pharoahe also talks about his rhyme skills and how he comes up with those catchy hooks. Do not miss this week's interview.

Source: www.basementalism.com

Damn Monch on Shady? Can't go wrong!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Pharoahe Monch Signing Shady Records
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 10:21:17 AM »
I got mixed feelings   :-\
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 10:21:32 AM »
PHAROAHE MONCH SIGNED TO SHADY RECORDS?
Aftermath Music posted a few weeks ago, that Pharoahe Monch is signing to Shady Records. Now it seems to be official, because in an interview with Basementalism.com Pharoahe Monch confirmed, that he is signed to Shady Records. Click here to listen to this interview part and visit Basementalism.com to listen to the whole interview.

There's no official word from the Shady Records Camp yet.

www.aftermathmusic.com

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 10:29:23 AM »
Finally, good move from Pharoahe...it's on now for Shady! 8)

Jome

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 06:42:17 PM »
Dope news..
Shady is a label with dope producers & big marketing tools/budgets.

Just signing with ANYBODY is good news, he now upped his chances of getting something released by 1000%.
It's been 5 years since "Internal Affairs", and Shady seems to be able to put out albums on time, without many delays.

DAYUM

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 08:41:03 PM »
dope

Jome

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 10:39:12 PM »
Pharoahe Confirms Shady Sigining     posted by  Wick5ter on 21/06/04
Pharoahe has now confirmed on a radio that he is or is in the process of signing to shady records, he says hes been down with em for a while and that they understand his direction of music.

Interviewer: Whats up y'all, this is judgemental, were down stairs with Pharoahe Monch, real quick I just wanna ask this now and get it out of the way. There's alot of rumors going around about you signing with Shady Records, you wanna clear the air here 'cos enquiring minds want to know.

Pharoahe: I haven't heard anything (laughs)

Interviewer: You haven't heard anything, there's nothing

Pharoahe: My managers gonna kill me, thats what it looks like, its pretty much going down, I been a fan of his for a while and the feelings mutual. They heard the record and loved it. I told them its the only place I wanna be, I told them that I was close to quitting, its that serious. I wanna be there for the type of record I wanna do, they understand me, the A & R and the fans. I wanna widen and labels wanna restrict and I dont wanna restrict. I met with them and I was like "this is the only fucking place I wanna be". I can't stay close minded. I like to have fun, I like to fuck around and be myself and at the same time I am political as well and they seem to be the best at putting your persona across to the audience. I wake up in the morning and watch CNN, and I'm like "this is fucked up, I'm hurt and need to write about this shit", but then again sometimes I'm in a city bar and wanna write about that, I can write about pussy also. Krs One once told me that if you get with the right people you can sell your shit to the people.
You can listen to the interview here.

Source: basementalism.com
Source: http://www.mightypharoahe.com/

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 10:54:10 AM »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 02:19:05 PM »
Dope news..
Shady is a label with dope producers

Who exactly?

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 03:14:24 PM »
Pharoahe: My managers gonna kill me, thats what it looks like, its pretty much going down, I been a fan of his for a while and the feelings mutual. They heard the record and loved it. I told them its the only place I wanna be, I told them that I was close to quitting, its that serious. I wanna be there for the type of record I wanna do, they understand me, the A & R and the fans. I wanna widen and labels wanna restrict and I dont wanna restrict. I met with them and I was like "this is the only fucking place I wanna be". I can't stay close minded. I like to have fun, I like to fuck around and be myself and at the same time I am political as well and they seem to be the best at putting your persona across to the audience. I wake up in the morning and watch CNN, and I'm like "this is fucked up, I'm hurt and need to write about this shit", but then again sometimes I'm in a city bar and wanna write about that, I can write about pussy also. Krs One once told me that if you get with the right people you can sell your shit to the people.

im guessing that this means there will not be too much in the way of Shady influences...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Jome

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 06:00:42 PM »
Dope news..

Who exactly?

Eminem, Dr.Dre, Luis Resto, Mike Elizondo, Khalil, Denaun Porter
+ easy access to big dogs like Rockwilder, Hi-Tek, Alchemist, Scott Storch, Red Spyda, Nottz, Kanye West, etc.

$$$ is no longer a issue when you're with Shady..
Pharoahe isn't rich, his budget has been limiting him for a long time..

Throwback

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 12:32:12 AM »
DJ greenlantern is also dope IMO, but does he produce or only mix?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 11:45:45 AM »
Dope news..

Who exactly?

Eminem, Dr.Dre, Luis Resto, Mike Elizondo, Khalil, Denaun Porter
+ easy access to big dogs like Rockwilder, Hi-Tek, Alchemist, Scott Storch, Red Spyda, Nottz, Kanye West, etc.

$$$ is no longer a issue when you're with Shady..
Pharoahe isn't rich, his budget has been limiting him for a long time..

Out of that Shady producers list only really Khalil to me is a dope producer, and Pharaohe had already worked with Hi-Tek, Rockwilder, Alchemist and Scott Storch while on Rawkus, so I don't see how going to Shady helps him at all? He now has to have some wack ass Eminem production on his album.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 11:47:18 AM by Waitin For The DJ »