Author Topic: DJ Quik is making major moves on the Eastcoast and down South  (Read 634 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
You dont get any bigger than having a track on one of the biggest Hip Hop albums in years, Jay Zs Black Album. He's on Jadakiss new LP and a host of other new albums, major albums.

I wonder if this will be his "target market" aka audience for his next album? he's sure to have a few westcoast funkers tho ;D

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

We Fly High

Re: DJ Quik is making major moves on the Eastcoast and down South
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 05:18:21 PM »
i was unaware that he was holding a show tonight with 2nd to none and sly boogy in rosaritos mexico. i think SGV posted it up on the wcrydaz page(?not sure tho).. i probably would have went. ive never seen quik before either.  sgv u should post that shit here too.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 06:25:18 PM »
I know Quik is never gonna change his style to sell out on his own album.  That's why he's my favorite arist, he's not gonna change his shit for no one.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 08:01:42 PM »
I hope he actually releases a new album.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 08:09:13 PM »
i was unaware that he was holding a show tonight with 2nd to none and sly boogy in rosaritos mexico. i think SGV posted it up on the wcrydaz page(?not sure tho).. i probably would have went. ive never seen quik before either.  sgv u should post that shit here too.

I heard about that too. I thought he wasn't going to perform anymore but my roommate said something about him performing in Mexico. If you get the chance to see him perform, take advantage of it. His show is the best hiphop show I've ever attended.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

DAYUM

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 11:45:30 PM »
anything with quik is tight

CrAzY_gIrL

• Lil Geezy
  • Fuk_luv_4_real
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 02:26:37 AM »
I luv Quik. He just needs to come out with another album and start doing more shows in Cali. Man I miss going to his shows so much. So did anyone go to the Rosarito show? I can't believe he did a show. The last time I went to a Quik show was when I got my own personal lapdance from him in 2002. ;)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 06:05:12 AM »
"Everyday, when I'm rollin' through the hood..." That song is hella tight, Jelly Roll did a good job with the production, and Quik came with good verse.
I'm glad to see him making big moves 8)

The Predator

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 08:02:34 AM »
Yeah Quiks has been knocking out his sounds for cats all over the game his production might not been in big demand like say the neptunes but i reckon his sounds are doper. Imagine Nas or Scarface spittin on a Quik beat, fire.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 10:35:04 AM »
Times have changed and are still changing.  His last two albums and other WC projects just haven't taken off.  The beat he did for Chingy was tight.  It fit right in with Quiks sig sound and also perfectly with Chingys style.  If he can do some work down south or on the East Coast, more power to him.  I doubt he'll switch up his style though.  I think hes versatile enough to come tight and original for any rapper.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 04:04:11 PM »
I'm glad he's still knockin out beats, but we need another album from him, at least one last farewell.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

teecee

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2004, 08:30:08 PM »
You're right axle, that beat Quik hooked Chingy up with was DOPE, cool song.  I woulda rather heard Quik over it, and i also have a feeling it woulda brought out a rare dope SNoop performance.....

And QUik didnt produce on Jada's album, did he?  DIdnt feel the song, sounds like a poor ripoff of On the BLVD.  And i hate to say it cuz Quik is one of my alltime favourites, but that Justify My Thug was likely the worst beat and song on TBA.....

If Quik made more shit like Bagg Up (with Chingy )  Put it in the Air (Talib Kweli), which is a VERY underrated song, he'd be on the right track...

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 11:26:08 AM »
that Justify My Thug was likely the worst beat and song on TBA

NO DOUBT!  That "Justify My Love" Madonna sample was horrible.  When I 1st heard this shit (www.dj-quik.net) I immediately thought of the video she had for the OG and almost barfed.  (dudes kissin and shit.. yuck!)  LOL.  Notice I didn't mention it in my last post (purposely) cuz I wanted to stay positive about him working with non-westcoast artists.  Chingys beat.  Awesome.  Brought out the best in Chingy whether you like him or not.  Justify My Thug was too repetitive, boring and brought back thoughts of dudes kissin.  Cant take it.  uuugggg   :P
Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Rudki

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 12:04:24 PM »

And QUik didnt produce on Jada's album, did he?  DIdnt feel the song, sounds like a poor ripoff of On the BLVD.  And i hate to say it cuz Quik is one of my alltime favourites, but that Justify My Thug was likely the worst beat and song on TBA....

No teecee, Quik didnt produce it, JELLY ROLL did

and yeah hes the guy who did ON THE BLVD hence the similarity...

but Quiks verse/ flow everything was dope as fuck on that song, he sure did "SHINE" on that huh

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004, 07:53:55 PM »
I know Quik is never gonna change his style to sell out on his own album.  That's why he's my favorite arist, he's not gonna change his shit for no one.
Agreed.  His shit is already tite.  If he changes it he will definitly loose his core fan base.  Unless he appeals to both aspects, which history has shown us is a hard thing to do.