Author Topic: Moore eliminated Homecoming!  (Read 544 times)

Woodrow

Re: Moore eliminated Homecoming!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 01:08:18 AM »
That's a good idea Micheal Moore had.  Homecoming is a tired old tradition that carries with it excesses in spending, fornication, drugs, and alcohol. 

You must hate life.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2004, 01:11:15 AM »
lol that's just offtopic hate

....oh but if it was about bush

lol first Bush is the President and Moore is just a filmmaker/writer.
second I found the "Bush caught changing clothes" - Thread pointless as well.

True, but Moore is a certain filmmaker/writer who attacks Bush.

HE IS? ARE YOU SERIOUS? HOLY SHIT LET'S INFORM EVERYONE ELSE.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2004, 07:41:38 AM »

You must hate life.

In Islam we have a supplication we make, where we ask Allah to prevent us from falling in love with the things of this world, this world is temporary, and the time must be spent in service to Allah and not following our vain desires.

A dislike for the flashy things of this life is desirable and healthy for a Muslim.  I dislike what Allah dislikes; excess spending, drugs, alcohol, fornication, doing things only for the sake of being seen by others, etc.

The Qu'ran mentions the things the pious Muslim believers will enjoy in this life.  A pious Muslim wife, children, comfortable living and transportation, close family ties and brotherhood amongst the believers.  I love those things in life, but I don't get carried away in my attatchments to this world.

I

Woodrow

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 09:30:59 AM »
Why doesn't Allah believe the individual is strong enough to do this on his own?

Who is Allah to tell me what is "excess spending"?

What is considered "flashy"?

I enjoy or will enjoy all the things you listed in your post. Whats the difference?

Montana00

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2004, 10:51:36 AM »
That's a good idea Micheal Moore had.  Homecoming is a tired old tradition that carries with it excesses in spending, fornication, drugs, and alcohol. 
sounds like my normal weekend. lemme tell ya, i dont need homecoming to do all that shit.
also since were on the topic of homecoming and shit.  Im not really of fan of it. i could honestly care less if i go. im not some like social outcast that hates social gatherings but there really not my taste.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2004, 02:33:45 PM »
how can u let religion hold u back from living your life, fuck that... thats rediculous, ur conserving yourself, to save yourself for the afterlife, what if ur wrong? im sure u never thought about it, but what is islam is bulshit, then u wasted your life, your time, to die an unhappy death, followed by notihng!

infinite59

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2004, 03:41:22 PM »
how can u let religion hold u back from living your life, fuck that... thats rediculous, ur conserving yourself, to save yourself for the afterlife, what if ur wrong? im sure u never thought about it, but what is islam is bulshit, then u wasted your life, your time, to die an unhappy death, followed by notihng!

Have you read the Qu'ran?  How do you know that what is said in the Qu'ran is not true if you have never read it?  I am your average American whiteboy, I was raised in a relaxed Christian atmosphere, I even used to be an atheist like you are now, but I read the Qu'ran and saw for myself that this is a guidance to anyone who sincearly wants to submit themselves to the will of the Creator.

By the way, before you say "Islam" is not true, you might want to know what this Arabic word means when translated to English.  It means "to be at peace through submission to the creator."   So what you have said is that, being at peace through submission to the creator is b.s.   That makes no sense.  We are all in submission to the creator.  Just look at your birth for example.  Everyone is born in Islam.  You had no choice where you were born, or who gave you birth, all these desicions were made by the creator, the most high.  We are all in submission to the creator, but it is the Muslim who is consciously in submission to the creator.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 03:46:54 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Woodrow

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2004, 03:51:54 PM »
Everyone is born in Islam.  You had no choice where you were born, or who gave you birth, all these desicions were made by the creator, the most high.

I wasn't born in Islam

My mother and Father chose to create me.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2004, 04:12:26 PM »

You must hate life.

In Islam we have a supplication we make, where we ask Allah to prevent us from falling in love with the things of this world, this world is temporary, and the time must be spent in service to Allah and not following our vain desires.

A dislike for the flashy things of this life is desirable and healthy for a Muslim.  I dislike what Allah dislikes; excess spending, drugs, alcohol, fornication, doing things only for the sake of being seen by others, etc.

The Qu'ran mentions the things the pious Muslim believers will enjoy in this life.  A pious Muslim wife, children, comfortable living and transportation, close family ties and brotherhood amongst the believers.  I love those things in life, but I don't get carried away in my attatchments to this world.

I
Then why the fuck do you own a computer and listen to westcoast rap?  Shouldn't you be praying instead of posting?

infinite59

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2004, 04:13:54 PM »

I wasn't born in Islam

I will say it again for you.  You did not choose where and to whom you were born.  You were born into submission to the will of the Creator.  That is what Islam is, submission to the will of the creator.  After you were born, you made a desicion to leave that state of submission to the Creator.  Islam is the method and practice that brings one back to submission to the Creator, the Most High.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2004, 04:14:58 PM »
Everyone is born in Islam.  You had no choice where you were born, or who gave you birth, all these desicions were made by the creator, the most high.

I wasn't born in Islam

My mother and father accidently created me.  ;D

infinite59

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2004, 04:25:16 PM »

Then why the fuck do you own a computer and listen to westcoast rap?  Shouldn't you be praying instead of posting?

Islam is a practical, comprehensive way of life, in which your whole day can be turned into an act of worship, so that you are in a constant state of submission to the will of the Creator.

For example.  Using the computer is totally permissible in Islam.  Infact, using the computer becomes an act of worship for a Muslim when you are using the computer to seek knowledge, biuld relationships, and invite to Islam.  Allah has commanded Muslims in the Qu'ran to seek knowledge.  Most people log onto the computer for the purpose of resource and information.

As far as WestCoast rap music, Islam gives the believer a system elevate themselves out of the ditch or rut that is this worldly life.  I accepted Islam, and through the practice of Islam and it's principles, prayer, supplication, brotherhood, marriage, pilgrimage, fasting, etc, etc, I have slowly washed myself clean of the dirt of my past life.  The clearly forbidden things mentioned in the Qu'ran that I used to do in my life as a non-Muslim I do not do anymore.  

As for music, music is not clearly mentioned as forbidden in the Noble Qu'ran.  The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, warned against certain types of music, therefore I have reduced my listening habits to a minimum, but it has been the hardest thing for me to give up.  Some music is good, some music is bad, some is just one person's way of expressing themselves using the words they are familiar with.  It is a hard thing to define.

infinite59

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2004, 04:26:58 PM »

Muslims believe that nothing on this Earth was done by accident.  The Creator has full knowledge of his Creation.

pappy

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2004, 04:28:38 PM »

Muslims believe that nothing on this Earth was done by accident.  The Creator has full knowledge of his Creation.

its called a joke lol shiiiiiiiiiit

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2004, 04:30:58 PM »
Muslims believe there's no such thing as a joke.

lol