1 (4.8%)
Dustin Hoffman
0 (0%)
Jack Nicolson
7 (33.3%)
Other
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Who is the best actor?  (Read 818 times)

Montana00

Re: Who is the best actor?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »
1. Ppl here adore Brando for Godfather - not for anything else he did.
2. Ppl here adore Pacino for Godfather, Heat and stuff. Defnitely not for Gigli or something.
3. Ppl here adore DeNiro for Godfather, Heat, Good Fellas, Tarantino's Jackie Brown etc... - not for other great movies like Taxi Driver,

this is not true whatsoever. I like alot of brando movies....not just godfather. Along the waterfront, apocolypse now, etc
Pacino is a great actor with or without ganster movies. the recruit, devils advocate, scent of a woman. etc
De niro taxi driver, meet the parents (surprisingly funny), men of honor, deer hunter, etc.

im not speaking for everyone here, but personally i have seen more then just these guys' gangster movies. and pacino especially is oustanding in more then just the godfather.

Montana00

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2004, 07:08:02 AM »
another i thought of was brad pitt. He may be overlooked because hes just known as a "pretty boy" but he has done some really good acting. Oceans eleven, spy games, fight club, meet joe black, seven, seven years in tibet..........

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2004, 07:19:22 AM »
another I thought of was brad pitt. [...]

Pitt is underrated because he looks so good but that's where it stops. He's better than ppl want him to be but not one of the best actors ever.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2004, 08:38:14 AM »
I went with Nicholson. His work is bar none my favorite.

On a side note:
not for other great movies like Analyze This/That.
How are you gonna say you're "the man" at movies, and go on to label these as "great"????

Analyze This was a decent flick, but come on.... Analyze That was trash.

It'd be like me coming out and saying:

I'm the best at music. Nobody can beat me. Chumbawamba is one of the greatest bands ever to grace the earth.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2004, 08:50:02 AM »
Most sequels that are not previously planned are a disgrace to the first movie. Analyze that wasnt. Who cares anyways, wasnt the main point in my post whatsoever.

You're on my nuts trying to spot anything that is not awesome in my posts. Hard work I know, I know. Anyways, youre on my nuts buddy, you better analyze that.
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2004, 09:01:06 AM »
analyze this and analyze that were both equally horrible movies. If your going to try to make de niro look good then i wouldnt be naming some of his shittiest movies.

and btw, you said people only think of de niro in gangster movies what about movies like, taxi driver, ???, analyze this.

De niro played a mob boss in anazlyze this  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2004, 09:06:23 AM »
and btw, you said people only think of de niro in gangster movies what about movies like, taxi driver, ???, analyze this.

De niro played a mob boss in anazlyze this  ;D

good god rampant did it again. analyze this is a comedy.
No, it's not a sin

Suga Foot

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2004, 05:02:38 PM »
Bobby Deniro

Mygla

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2004, 05:22:03 PM »
Pitt is underrated because he looks so good but that's where it stops. He's better than ppl want him to be but not one of the best actors ever.

have you seen 12 Monkeys? The part in the sanitarum is one of the best acting performances i've ever seen!

Kevin Spacey is my favorite tho, he's so fuckin' genious in The Usual Suspects, plus The Negotiator, K-Pax, Seven, American Beauty++++

Al Pacino
Denzel Washinton
Tom Cruise
Robert De Niro

so many..

Jome

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2004, 07:24:05 PM »
lol dont you come and tell ME to take a look at imdb... Im the man when it comes to movies..
and here is what I think, exclusively for you, since youre jomie the homie:

1. Ppl here adore Brando for Godfather - not for anything else he did.
2. Ppl here adore Pacino for Godfather, Heat and stuff. Defnitely not for Gigli or something.
3. Ppl here adore DeNiro for Godfather, Heat, Good Fellas, Tarantino's Jackie Brown etc... - not for other great movies like Taxi Driver, Sleepers, This Boy's Life, Analyze This/That.

Ppl do adore these actors because of their Gangster Movies. That they also have other movies and shit, is another story. Im not saying those Gangster movies arent good - and saying yall look like ppl who only watch Gangster Movies doesnt even imply that.

Of course most roles of them actors arent easy and of course they're good actors lmao.

Now we take a look at our fellow actor Edward Norton.

For the superficial dudes in here: First, his movies are great as it can get.
Second, he makes even bad movies good to watch. e.g. The Score. Do NOT tell me this is a good movie. It has great actors in it, with Brando, DeNiro and Norton. But the movie sucks. Nevertheless, Norton is outstanding in it. How he played the retarded janitor for instance - that has no equivalent whatsoever.

Further, let me just take his two best performances including a performance in one of the best movies ever in consideration. He has other great movies with outstanding acting of his in it, but 2 movies are absolutely sufficient to show how amazing he really is.

1. His Debut, Primal Fear. What the fuck is this? I almost believed he's a psycho in real life .. that's how great he acted. He played two totally different characters... one was the damn baby faced faggish pussy ass loser, the other one the gory bad ass that pisses the fuck out of you off. Amazing stuff. Words of mine wont match it whatsoever, so just watch the movie if you dont know it yet, I also dont want to say too much about it cause I like you and I want you to have fun and watching this movie will definitely be a lot of fun.

2. Fight Club. The Über-Film. I guess pretty much everybody knows it. At least one should. It's a shame he did not get an Oscar for that movie. Oscars are fucking political, if the movie has not been full of blood and stuff, he would have got the Oscar. But I digress. The way he hits himself in the face and shit, the way he goes at his boss after the dude found the Fight Club rules in the copymachine, the way he looks fucked up having Insomnia and/or having been beat up the day before - everything. Oh well.

I'm tired.

Yeah, I know Norton is a great actor, I already named him, but he's young and new compared to the list of other GOAT-nominations.
35 years and 17 movies isn't enough to match e.g. Hopkins 67 years and 97++ movies, or Duvall's 73 years & 86+ movies..
"The greatest actor ever" needs to have a long career on his back, imo.

Norton may be your favorite actor, but ask 1000 people about the best actor ever, and less than 10 people will say Norton.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2004, 07:32:20 PM »
Robert Denero
Al Pacino
Johnny Depp..Blow is one of my faves
Denzel Washington
Mel Gibson. Braveheart is classic.. Mad Max.etc

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2004, 09:12:13 AM »
Kurt Russell

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2004, 10:24:12 AM »
[...]

Yeah, I know Norton is a great actor, I already named him, but he's young and new compared to the list of other GOAT-nominations.
35 years and 17 movies isn't enough to match e.g. Hopkins 67 years and 97++ movies, or Duvall's 73 years & 86+ movies..
"The greatest actor ever" needs to have a long career on his back, imo.

Norton may be your favorite actor, but ask 1000 people about the best actor ever, and less than 10 people will say Norton.

yup this is not wrong but still ... if ppl name dudes like Depp or Denzel, it's contradicting itself.
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2004, 11:05:13 AM »
i say less than 2 would say norton.

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2004, 04:47:35 PM »
Robert Denero
Al Pacino
Johnny Depp..Blow is one of my faves
Denzel Washington
Mel Gibson. Braveheart is classic.. Mad Max.etc

Braveheart was a tite movie.  His acting wasn't anything to spectacular though.