Author Topic: Will Farrell = overatted  (Read 519 times)

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Will Farrell = overatted
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 08:08:58 PM »
i wouldn't say funniest SNL of alltime. but the dude is funny as fuck. love him all the movies he's done, especailly in Old School. he killed in that movie.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 03:35:04 AM »
i love will ferrell i don't know how you guys can say he's overrated...he's no more overrated than dan akroyd...c'mon some of that early SNL stuff wasn't THAT funny and a grip of shit he did after was straight corn ball. he's definately funnier than Chevy chase and adam sandler.  IMO he's on the same level as Chris Farley if anything. Not the greatest but he's definately a key actor in the shows history no doubt. i mean shit SNL wouldn't of put out a best of will pharell DVD if people thought he sucked...it's actually one of their best sellers.

IMO i think Phil Hartman could be considered the best SNL cast member

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Montana00

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 08:59:54 AM »
Ok heres what i have to say.

Watch "SNL best of  will ferrel"
Watch "old School"

i rest my case. He is a very very funny man, but hes not greatest of all time. But that doesnt mean he isnt hilarious

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2004, 09:08:01 AM »
i dont kno how some people can call him the funniest SNL cast member of all time.  Dont get me wrong he's a funny guy,  but not legendary funny.  I think there are a lot of people funnier than he is.  He jus tries to hard to be funny,  it should just come natural.  anyone else agree with me.

I agree.

pappy

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 11:30:36 AM »
i love will ferrell i don't know how you guys can say he's overrated...he's no more overrated than dan akroyd...c'mon some of that early SNL stuff wasn't THAT funny and a grip of shit he did after was straight corn ball. he's definately funnier than Chevy chase and adam sandler.  IMO he's on the same level as Chris Farley if anything. Not the greatest but he's definately a key actor in the shows history no doubt. i mean shit SNL wouldn't of put out a best of will pharell DVD if people thought he sucked...it's actually one of their best sellers.

IMO i think Phil Hartman could be considered the best SNL cast member

will farrell doesnt have shit on chevy chase or chris farley.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 02:59:46 PM »
Everyones forgetting Mike Myers...

Montana00

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 03:08:48 PM »
mike myers sucks

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2004, 06:25:10 PM »
Really? I know the "Austin Powers" franchise is starting to get ridiculous, but I loved "Wayanes World", and Mike Myers is a pretty funny guy overall...I'll take him over Will Farrel any day.

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 07:24:57 PM »
Will's funny, but I said on the other thread back in the day that I definately don't see him as one of the funniest from SNL.  I still say Eddie Murphy, at one time, was probably the funniest cat alive. 

pappy

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 10:16:57 PM »
also will farrell dont have shit on dan akroyd or eddie murphey,  2 people that people have mentioned in this thread

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 11:06:44 PM »
Will Ferrell is a great comedian imo.  I'm not sayin he's GOAT, but he's fuckin hilarious.  Yes, there's better comedians, but Old School and Anchorman are classics imo.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2004, 11:42:41 PM »
eddie murphy was the shit back in the day no one is denying that. but Dan......man that fool at his PEEK wasn't half as funny as Farrell at his peek. i mean shit watch his best of shit ....his 'funniest skit' was that foriegn brothers thing he did with steve martin . then there's cone heads , funny  ha ha, but not laugh out loud funny.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 05:59:30 AM »
I wouldn't call anchorman a classic.  It had bits and pieces, but was nothing compared to a Chris Farley movie, or such. 

Montana00

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 09:26:16 AM »
I wouldn't call anchorman a classic.  It had bits and pieces, but was nothing compared to a Chris Farley movie, or such. 

will ferrel movies aint got nothing on tommy boy  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2004, 11:49:43 AM »
"Anchorman" classic? LMFAO!