Author Topic: The Beat In L.A  (Read 582 times)

ecrazy

Re: The Beat In L.A
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 02:36:58 AM »
if ur in l.a, listen to Divine Forces Radio with Fidel Rodriguezl at 90.7Fm on fridays from 10pm-1am.  THey put on a nice hip hop show

I Just Listened To This For The First Time This Past Friday Night, And WOW, I Really Loved The Entire Selection Of Music They Played, I Came Home From Work @ 10 and stayed in my car till 12 just listening to the radio...It was pretty dope Music, DJ Counterstrike Is Dope Too....I Met Him Through A Homie, And I knew he was on the radio, but never found out when or what station, untill now, almost 8 months after i met him

Wake Up Show is on Power, but fuck, I used to look forward to getting home, 'cause I used to love Power 106. The Beat was the shit too, but I hated Theo, I didn't even know he was Asian, I just thought he was boring, and he seemed annoyed by the teenage girls aways calling him... lol. Power was the shit though, and the Beat had all the top shows, but both suck. Here in the I.E., we have Wild 96.1, but it ain't really nothing special, though it has some pretty cool concepts, like having straight I.E. talent every Monday night and D.J. contest, and old school 3 at 3. Most of the times it's normal commercial radio but it has some cool concepts. Nothing though like the Beat with Julio G, and Power when the Baka Boyz where in charge of picking the playlist. Both Julio G and the Baka Boyz ran a great station, R.I.P. to great radio.

Wild 96.1 Is Almost Identical To Power....When I Hear Power Play A Crappy Song, I Change The Station In My Car To 96.1 and Their Playing the exact song, i swear this has happened almost everytime ive done this...its pretty funny....

Anybody else remember back in the day listening to Theo in the afternoon's after school? Man those times were the shit. They fucked up lettin' Theo and Julio G go.

And another thing. Their morning show's host don't know jack shit about hip-hop. Don't get me wrong, Steve Harvey is a funny muthafucka, but the dude needs to be hosting on an oldies radio station, not one for hip hop. It's just out of place.

Julio G was the shit.....Period....One Of The Greatest Radio Personalitys Ever!

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 03:52:06 AM »
IV Life are hooked into the steve harvey show ;)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 05:13:23 PM »
any good stations if your in san jose?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 07:42:29 PM »
I got a radio station near me that plays ALL underground hip hop. It is 90.3.. Lucky as fuck. Anyway the reason that radio sucks is Clear Channel owns almost every station.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 08:34:37 AM »
IV Life are hooked into the steve harvey show ;)

Yup...every Friday morning, Steve Harvey's morning show, Home Jamz.

We Fly High

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 05:47:18 AM »

uh 106.1 kmel is finally making a comeback.. its starting to play a lot of westcoast shit again, mostly bay area shit.. trying to bring it back to the old days.. shits pretty tight

94.9 ... is kinda ok... plays mostly just top rap/hip hop songs r+B shit... they also got a lot of dance music in there...

they have a new radio station i htink 92.7 that played 24 hours of 2pac the first night the station was broadcasting...

haha u know what though.. all u guys are talking about listening to theos afternoon show and like julio g and shit.. i have like 40 tracks deep of all of the radio drops that the artists did for theo and julio g, like 10 years worth of radio drops... its straight up fucking sick.... all of dj quiks drops (afternoon drive, treehouse,) mausberg,suga free,.. kurupt,roscoe (including the radio drop which has that line from GTV where it goes something like "big bad los angeles, holocaustal,.. i forgot the rest), old school daz, old school snoop, aaliyah, crucial conflict, above the law, eazy e, kokane, soopafly, defari, hella bone thugs including a remix to Thug Luv, foesum, the mexikanz, eazy e tribute to roger troutman, lady of rage, and all that shit... ... man.. its fucking sick to relisten to all those radio drops from back in the days when power 106 and the beat were on top of things..
theres even a radio drop with Snoop, Daz, Dj quik, Dj Pooh and Mack 10 all on one track.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 06:57:08 AM by justin718 »

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 05:49:41 AM »

uh 106.1 kmel is finally making a comeback.. its starting to play a lot of westcoast shit again, mostly bay area shit.. trying to bring it back to the old days.. shits pretty tight

94.9 ... is kinda ok... plays mostly just top rap/hip hop songs r+B shit... they also got a lot of dance music in there...

they have a new radio station i htink 92.7 that played 24 hours of 2pac the first night the station was broadcasting...

haha u know what though.. all u guys are talking about listening to theos afternoon show and like julio g and shit.. i got a cd thats like 40 tracks deep of all of the radio drops that the artists did for theo and julio g, like 10 years worth of radio drops... its straight up fucking sick.. one of the best cds i own.. all of dj quiks drops (afternoon drive, treehouse,) mausberg,suga free,.. kurupt,roscoe (including the radio drop which has that line from GTV where it goes something like "big bad los angeles, holocaustal,.. i forgot the rest), old school daz, old school snoop, aaliyah, crucial conflict, above the law, eazy e, kokane, soopafly, defari, hella bone thugs including a remix to Thug Luv, foesum, the mexikanz, eazy e tribute to roger troutman, lady of rage, and all that shit... ... man.. its fucking sick to relisten to all those radio drops from back in the days when power 106 and the beat were on top of things..

Hook that up  :o

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2004, 05:55:41 AM »
how many topics like this have i seen already?
and yeah justin hook it up

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 06:14:42 AM »
haha u know what though.. all u guys are talking about listening to theos afternoon show and like julio g and shit.. i got a cd thats like 40 tracks deep of all of the radio drops that the artists did for theo and julio g, like 10 years worth of radio drops... its straight up fucking sick.. one of the best cds i own.. all of dj quiks drops (afternoon drive, treehouse,) mausberg,suga free,.. kurupt,roscoe (including the radio drop which has that line from GTV where it goes something like "big bad los angeles, holocaustal,.. i forgot the rest), old school daz, old school snoop, aaliyah, crucial conflict, above the law, eazy e, kokane, soopafly, defari, hella bone thugs including a remix to Thug Luv, foesum, the mexikanz, eazy e tribute to roger troutman, lady of rage, and all that shit... ... man.. its fucking sick to relisten to all those radio drops from back in the days when power 106 and the beat were on top of things..

Yea I got that CD its off the hook, I luv that Eazy E tribute to Roger Troutman. It has that tight ass beat with the talkbox in it. But Dj Quik is/was the master of the Radio Drop hands down. Every single drop could be on his album they're so amazing, its like he takes a beat and adds his own twist to it, wether its the talkbox or one of his instruments or a female singer. My favorite has to be his remake of the Roots "What We Do" with Suga Free
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Suga Foot

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 09:51:22 AM »
The beat in Vancouver is 100x worse

http://www.thebeat.com/themix/playlist.cfm

check that out.  I haven't even heard of some of those people.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 10:03:46 AM »
lets unite and hit all those radio stations up with e-mails.

DJ Marvelous

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2004, 11:39:09 AM »
Too bad, Power and The Beat fell the hell off.  I miss KDAY....I know it been almost 15 years when they went away.  They represented L.A. in a major way.  I know some of you are not old enough to remember KDAY.  This was a hip hop station on the AM side...1580 was their frequency.  This is where alot of us went to listen to hip-hop when it was not being played on the FM side.  Some of the biggest names in the industry got started here.  Dr. Dre, DJ Joe Cooley, DJ Aladdin, M-Walk, Julio G, and Tony G (just to name a few) were spinning here on this station.  This station played both West Coast and East Coast music.  This was a time when there was no beef with the East.  My favorite shows to listen to on that station were The MixMaster Show and Uncle Jamm's Army.  Too bad...the current state of the airwaves are not good.  Our own artists not getting heard in our own backyard.  These stations need to take a real good look and recognize.  I was a listener to The Beat when they were on 92.3.  Power 106 was cool to listen to as well.  It's just t that they are more concerned about ratings and play whatever is hot.  Never mind, that the West Coast has set the standard.  These stations are simply faking the funk.   That's sad that no love is being shown to our own.  They get more love elsewhere. It should not be like that.  Peace