Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16659 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2004, 09:20:33 AM »
I'm listening now on his site. He's taken off Kurupt's 1st verse on the song. Still Ballin original has 2 verses from Kurupt and this beat sounds nothing like the original.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2004, 09:38:08 AM »
In the ronin ro book he says Dre wanted to name aftermath black market but couldnt cuz ced singleton wanted too much money for the name, that wasnt a name for the row.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Smoke

« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2004, 09:42:54 AM »
I'm listening now on his site. He's taken off Kurupt's 1st verse on the song. Still Ballin original has 2 verses from Kurupt and this beat sounds nothing like the original.
True.

hector

« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2004, 10:00:42 AM »
^^^ we have a winner! ^^^

* dishes out a prop *

and the other part is this..

as you may know there is a label based in that bay that is already called that, rumour is the owner was offered $100,000 for the name but turned it down.

thats brotha lynch hung's old label.  I forget who the owner of it all is, some guy who tried screwing lynch

Don Seer

« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2004, 10:21:46 AM »
somethign in my head says cedric.. but i'm not sure..

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2004, 12:29:40 PM »

Yeah u right Overseer...cant remember the last name dough.

Peace

LazyL

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2004, 01:04:40 PM »

That's because he mixed it with Conway's "Nutcracka" beat.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2004, 02:15:19 PM »
^^^ we have a winner! ^^^

* dishes out a prop *

and the other part is this..

as you may know there is a label based in that bay that is already called that, rumour is the owner was offered $100,000 for the name but turned it down.

thats brotha lynch hung's old label.  I forget who the owner of it all is, some guy who tried screwing lynch

Yeah, and because of that a rumor started that Dre was actually trying to sign Lynch to his label, but that wasn't true at all. Would've been dope as fuck to hear Lynch over Dre beats though.

dizzy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2004, 04:59:38 AM »
Que, just a few random questions if you got the time :

1)Who owns the masters to the Outlawz Retribution album? Do you have any info on it concerning production, guests and if it will ever come out?

2)Does deathrow own any 2pac tracks that Afeni doesn't?

3)It it true the outlawz have recorded a track with Crooked I for a mixtape?

4)What artists has Crooked I worked with since leaving deathrow?

5)How many songs have there been recorded for the upcoming Crooked I album?

Thanks for you time.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2004, 05:51:02 AM »

cedric the entertainer

:P  ;D
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2004, 05:59:53 AM »
 ;D

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2004, 08:17:51 AM »
In the ronin ro book he says Dre wanted to name aftermath black market but couldnt cuz ced singleton wanted too much money for the name, that wasnt a name for the row.

This is true.  Black Market WASN'T a possible name for Deathrow.  It was the original name for Aftermath.

Back in the day, there used to be a bunch of groups signed to Death Row. Emmage was one of them. Also The Convicts (Big Mike and Lord 3-2) were going to be one of the first ones with a release, but they went back to Rap-A-Lot. Emmage were featured on Comptons Most Wanted's 1992 release 'Music To Driveby' track 15 'U'z A Bitch', you can take a look in the credits & you'l see Emmage appears courtesy of DEATH ROW RECORDS.

fyi,
Emmage also appeared on The Deep Cover soundtrack courtesy of Deathrow Records.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2004, 10:17:55 AM »
Que, just a few random questions if you got the time :

1)Who owns the masters to the Outlawz Retribution album? Do you have any info on it concerning production, guests and if it will ever come out?
2)Does deathrow own any 2pac tracks that Afeni doesn't?
3)It it true the outlawz have recorded a track with Crooked I for a mixtape?
4)What artists has Crooked I worked with since leaving deathrow?
5)How many songs have there been recorded for the upcoming Crooked I album?

Thanks for you time.

1) I know nothing at all about the Outlawz, never been a fan, never spoken to any of them.
2) To my knowledge Afeni owns the entire Tupac legacy, all of the material he recorded throughout his carreer. Although if material was recorded while he was contracted or with Death Row then Suge has certain rights to that. Thats why you still see the Death Row logo on Better Dayz, Until The End Of Time albums etc. Afeni has to pay artists OFF of Tupac songs, e.g. Storm was paid an amount to have her vocals replaced by SKG I believe, on the Until The End Of Time album. Songs such as Danny Boy feat. Tupac which was recorded for DB's Death Row 96 album is Suge's property but couldnt release it without Afeni's autherisation, (Afeni has rights to the Tupac verse, but couldnt release it without Suges authority).
3) I havent heard about a Crooked I & Outlawz collaboration.
4) A lot, such as, Wu Tang, RZA, Lil Flip, Game, producers Rick Rock, Jim Gettum. Possible in the near future: Battlecat, Dr Dre
5) He's got tracks recorded from this year, but he hasnt started working on the album officially. Some maybe used on it. I don't know. None of them songs your hearing now will be on it though, thats for sure.

Your welcome.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2004, 10:44:29 AM »

Peace

LazyL

Cedric Singleton. A real cool dude, who I had the pleasure to work for, for a hot minute. Hell, his asking price is the norm especially when "stars" want a similiar/exact name for themselves. And I remember hearing Jewel say she came up with the name "Death Row", so there are a million stories out there, although Ronin' Ro was pretty much exact with his book and certain individuals were "looking" for him after the book came out, based on what he wrote.

FYI, I happened to hear quite a bit of songs by 2Pac from Suge's "vault" (master recordings) that are owned by Suge Knight, and have never been released on bootleg or otherwise, but according to the man himself, he will release them (being said circa the year 2000). I don't know the song titles or who produced them, just heard them on DATs. They sounded good, but you hear one 2Pac track, you really heard them all especially with all the songs that have been released since his death.  Speakin of which (in case some didn't know and a shameless plug) Cold 187um co-wrote "Ballad Of A Dead Soulja" as well as Eve's "Love Is Blind" (when she was known as Eve Of Destruction, during her first stint at Aftermath).

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2004, 10:46:35 AM »
hey que what is your favorite db album since you got all of them?
also I read a few months ago db had been working with big r&b artists,could u tell us a lil more or maybe db wants to keep it secret
and do u have any words on the first platinum pearl release?I know u said the compilation was pushed back but I was thinking about the mob stars

and last question:you said you spoke to someone at death row recently and u might give us some good news
could u give us hints?  ;)