Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16682 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2004, 05:05:47 PM »
The next Crooked I mixtape should be this fall.

The UNHEARD full 5 minute version of "Ride With Me" which features TWO Crooked I Verses, is on Westcoastaftershocks new mixtape, hosted by Crooked I himself: http://www.bayridaz.com/wca/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1580

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2004, 02:41:05 AM »
Thats cool news but will it be full? I thought G'd Up N Banged Out was meant to be the full version on the last mixtape..Mixtape looks pretty tight

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2004, 03:05:55 AM »
Ok. . .

Gd Up & Banged Out is 4:41 minutes, the full song only has 2 Crooked I verses, followed by about a minute of just the beat & some Crooked I additional vocals at the end. So technically you have heard the entire song (both verses). . .

"Ride with me" on the WCA Mixtape is the full song, the track on Crooked I's website is only 2:40 minutes, the WCA Mixtape is double that, featuring unheard verses from The Horse Shoe Gang & Crooked I. The final Crooked I verse on that song is one of the sickest verses he has ever spit.

Holla.

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

belbol

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2004, 02:46:45 AM »
sup yall, first off thanks to Que for all the info, much appreciated

im an iraqi living in australia and been listining to deathrow for a long time now.

i jsut have a few questions for que:

1) i thought crooked i made 2 untouchable albums and one "say hi to the bad guy", which i thought was the one thats was gonna come out on 2003 not the untouchable- is this true
2) im not sure if u heard this, but way back in 2003 i was reading i think westcoast2k.net and they were saying that crooked i was shooting the first video for say hi to the bad guy and then had some comments from him, did u hear about that
3) which untouchable album do u have, the first or the second one, and is it possible for u to give us the track listing?
4) do u have anymore info on the left eye album
5) are we ever gonna hear the danny boy album and the crooked i album you have in full cdq with no tags???

much thanks again for all the info, and i hope u can get back to me on those questions

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #304 on: August 05, 2004, 03:16:16 AM »
sup yall, first off thanks to Que for all the info, much appreciated

im an iraqi living in australia and been listining to deathrow for a long time now.

i jsut have a few questions for que:

1) i thought crooked i made 2 untouchable albums and one "say hi to the bad guy", which i thought was the one thats was gonna come out on 2003 not the untouchable- is this true
2) im not sure if u heard this, but way back in 2003 i was reading i think westcoast2k.net and they were saying that crooked i was shooting the first video for say hi to the bad guy and then had some comments from him, did u hear about that
3) which untouchable album do u have, the first or the second one, and is it possible for u to give us the track listing?
4) do u have anymore info on the left eye album
5) are we ever gonna hear the danny boy album and the crooked i album you have in full cdq with no tags???

much thanks again for all the info, and i hope u can get back to me on those questions

Your welcome. . .

1) Your absolutly correct. He started recording the "Untouchable" LP around 1999 and didnt change the album title to "Say hi to the bad guy", until about 2003. So technically he recorded two "Untouchable" albums, one was complete and ready to drop the SUMMER of 2001, just after Tupac's "Until the End of Time". It didnt get released, so he carried on recording a lot more material during 2001/2002, by the time Suge was getting out he had a whole new album ready still titled, "Untouchable". The 2nd album release didnt drop either, he then changed the title to "Say hi to the bad guy", and recorded yet more material. Most of which is locked over in there vaults.

2) Well the first single from "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" was going to be "Hood Star" produced by the Track Team, from Atlanta. Thats no speculation but a straight fact. But I would have to ask him if they shot a video for it, I honestly dont know.

3) I have the second "Untouchable" LP, of which a lot of the material was still going to be on "Say Hi to the Bad Guy". I'll ask if I can post up a tracklist and samples.

4) All I know about the Left Eye is that according to Danny Boy (who heard the whole thing) it contained Hit after Hit & would top any R&B/Rap chart worldwide. It was supposedly that good. I remember the week DB flew back to LA to re-join Suge & Death Row he went straight to the studio to work on the NINA project. Also I guess you know already, the single was to be Left Eye featuring Tupac: http://www.xoimage.com/50.jpg

5) Thats a question for Suge ;)

Holla anytime, I go on vacation tonight, but if I know the answer when I get online, i'll post it up.

Nate Dogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #305 on: August 05, 2004, 04:14:11 AM »
Suge should release The NINA album after 2pac Live before the end of the year or else it's goin to be to out of date.
Wot Up Que
Do u know if Kurupt recorded a solo album the first time he was on Death Row?

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2004, 06:26:25 PM »
Que you said you think NINA will nevr be released...are youi sure about that???
because i heard her mother plans to release left eye solo cd(s) and i cant belive that suge just let the shit in the vaults....they could a make a deal like afeni and suge did....just a thought ;)

ecrazy

« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2004, 02:44:55 AM »
Que you said you think NINA will nevr be released...are youi sure about that???
because i heard her mother plans to release left eye solo cd(s) and i cant belive that suge just let the shit in the vaults....they could a make a deal like afeni and suge did....just a thought ;)

i was thinkin the same thing

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #308 on: August 07, 2004, 03:12:56 AM »
I don't know if Kurupt recorded a solo album on Death Row back in the day, I know they all recorded solo material and had seperate studio time, but I dont think he ever started to work on a solo CD before his Antra release.

K.Y.G. I personally don't think the NINA album will ever drop on Death Row Records. Unless as you say, Suge cuts a deal with Left Eye's estate. But IF or WHEN Death Row do put that album out they will need to re-cook most of the songs and remix them because the personell that worked on that album with Left Eye are no longer with or affiliated to Death Row, i.e. Crooked I, Darren Vegas, Ray J etc.

Holla.

KILLAZILLA

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #309 on: August 07, 2004, 06:04:33 PM »
hey Que i remember hearing a rumour a year or two ago that suge asked dj quik to produce crooked i's debut but quik said no because he didn't get paid for the work he did with deathrow years ago.  Is there any truth to that.

hector

« Reply #310 on: August 07, 2004, 08:15:11 PM »
Que, whats up with the info on the NOTR album.  Tell me about it.  Give me any kind of review you can.  and upload the album if you want, I don't care if you do, just maybe do it if you want to ya know.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2004, 04:54:45 AM »
KillaZilla, that wasnt true (at the time, although Quik did have some issues with Death Row later on, around late 2002/03). . .

Quik did the song on Death Row's Tupac "Until the end of time" album in 2001, and Quik would have been on Crooked I's "Untouchable" album if Death Row released it in 2002. One of the reasons Suge didnt drop his 1st version of "Untouchable" in 2001, was because the guest appearences were at a minimum, he simply had the in-house acts on it, J Valentine was on a track, Tupac was also, & the whole album produced by Vegas, Hutch, Jim Gettum etc. Then in 2002, he started working on the 2nd version of "Untouchable", this was the one Suge was going to put his touch to, by featuring acts like Left Eye, Treach of Naughty By Nature, DJ Quik, Sisqo, Juvenile, Jayo Felony.......and by late 2002 Jah Rule, Irv Gotti, Ashanti, Too Short, Scarface......

The NOTR album was going to come out on the same label as Junior Mafia. It is dope as hell, MC Eiht was all over the album and they had a track called "Anybody Killa" which was good. The intro was true CMW/MC Eiht/Menace to Society, late night creep style. A producer who worked on the album gave me a copy, not even the members of NOTR have a copy.

Holla.

Nate Dogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2004, 05:09:35 AM »
Que recenty I read an interview dre did with some music mag. Dre said he tried to reach out to crook and death row and give them some beats for the untouchable album but suge rejected them. It must have been back in 01 or 02. Did you believe Dre really did that?

Que Why do you think the snoop dead man walking album was so poor.
Would snoop really have used that material on The Doggumentary Album?
Some of the unrelised songs on his Death Row Greatest Hits album & Dogg Pound 2002 were good though. Would he have used some of that material?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 06:59:39 AM by Nate Dogg »

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2004, 05:58:34 AM »
One of the reasons Suge didnt drop his 1st version of "Untouchable" in 2001, was because the guest appearences were at a minimum, he simply had the in-house acts on it, J Valentine was on a track, Tupac was also, & the whole album produced by Vegas, Hutch, Jim Gettum etc.

That's untrue, "Untouchable" the first and only real version of the album was completed, before Suge was first released from Prison. Since Hutch was "A&R" the project as well I remember from marketing meetings that Hutch, Crook, Suge (and other Death Row executives) had at the label and at WestWorld's Planet West Studio. Hutch asked Crook who he wanted on his album to compliment the tracks that were already completed. I can tell you that 2Pac was not one of them. Crook wanted Method Man, Redman, Eryka Badu, Jada, Nas, etc. on the album. All they were going to do was drop 16 on particular tracks and that was it. I remember that Suge was gung-ho to have Nas, Meth, Red, and Jada on the album and since I could get Meth and Red for dirt cheap(since I used to work for Rza and Wu Tang/Razor Sharp Records), Suge was gonna hit me up with a lil' scrilla for hooking it up. Unfortunately, when everything was a go, Suge pumped the breaks on everything and left the project in limbo, then ATL were released from the label, and Suge wanted Crook to re-do the album with his new in-house producers, which was still Triple 7 Productions, then whoever else he hired. Quik never did a track with Crook when Untouchable was first recorded.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2004, 06:59:54 AM »

I can tell you that 2Pac was not one of them. Crook wanted Method Man, Redman, Eryka Badu, Jada, Nas, etc. on the album. All they were going to do was drop 16 on particular tracks and that was it. I remember that Suge was gung-ho to have Nas, Meth, Red, and Jada on the album .....

damn, what a westcoast banger!! ::) ::)  :P