1 (12.5%)
Marlins
1 (12.5%)
Mets
4 (50%)
Phillies
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Who is goin to win the NL East  (Read 194 times)

pappy

Who is goin to win the NL East
« on: July 15, 2004, 08:44:32 PM »
as it stands the phillies and braves are tied for first and the mets an marlins are tied for second just one game back.  who is goin to win.

the phillies have the best team on paper.  If any team can make a run i think it is them.  but there starting pitching besides milton has sucked.  and i think larry bowa does more bad than good for this team.  They have great middle relief tho.

The braves there starting pitching is very up an down.  Chipper is having his worst year of his career.  On paper they look the weakest but you never ever count the braves out

the mets so far this season have had as good 1-2-3 starting pitching as anyone in baseball.  there 4th and 5th starters tho are as bad as anyones in the league lol.  there middle relief big question.  They got looper, moreno, batalico, an parra who have pitched great but than you have mike stanton who has sucked.  an john franco is good situation pitcher now but besides that you hold your breath when hes on the mound.  there hitting has finally come together an jose reyes is back.

the marlins there starting pitching is a big question.  carl povano may be on the block now especially if josh beckett goin spend a long stint on the DL.  they still got a good line up.  But they are no longer the speed demons they once were.  an with the exception of Benitez there bullpen has been horrible.  This is the team i have picked if any team was the fall out of the hunt first.

My pick to win the division is the Phillies but if i still got hope..... LETS GO METS

pappy

Re: Who is goin to win the NL East
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 11:26:33 PM »
o yea brian giles is back for the braves so that only goin help them

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 11:53:20 PM »
LETS GO METS!!!!!!! ;D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 11:41:04 AM »