Author Topic: B-Siegal on Islam: Facing prison time; he discusses being Muslim with Sohh.com  (Read 369 times)

infinite59

Did we catch the real Saddam? Are we all Muslim? Is Barney brainwashing kids? Live from house arrest, Beanie Sigel answers all these questions and more.

Beanie Sigel has been on the run for a minute now. With court case after court case, he has alluded his destiny: taking over the Roc from his BK boss. His harsh flow and nonchalant attitude have both made him a favorite among fans but too much of a menace to the average hip-hop consumer.

Now facing inevitable jail time due to gun charges, the Philly MC has been recording his third solo album, The B. Coming, under legal restrictions. Never one to hold back the truth, Beans goes from religion to family to his Michael Moore-esque notions on the Bush clique.

SOHH: After everything you've been through what do you hold as "the truth" today?

Just surviving.

SOHH: How do you survive?

Through the will of Allah.

SOHH: Were you born Muslim or did your conversion come later in life?

Yeah. I was born Muslim. Everybody was born Muslim. Yeah, everybody in general. Everybody was born Muslim it's just whoever taught you when you was coming up that's what made you change your religion. There's only one God and that God is Allah. Everybody comes from Allah so everybody Muslim whether you recognize it or not.

SOHH: What do you think of Operation Enduring Freedom? You know, Bush's grandiose idea for the U.S. to liberate another third world nation.

Bush just needs to mind his business and get out their country.

SOHH: Recently there's been a rash of criticism (Fahrenheit 9/11) aiming for Bush's head.

Yeah, get him out of here, he's a nut. The whole thing is because his pops was a nut and he wants to follow his pop. Get him out of here.

SOHH: At least they found Saddam.

Did they really find Saddam? You think that's Saddam, for real?

SOHH: Who knows with this government?

Oh, OK.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 11:21:44 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Throwback

SOHH: At least they found Saddam.

Did they really find Saddam? You think that's Saddam, for real?

SOHH: Who knows with this government?

Oh, OK.

lol thats a bit paranoid IMO

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
I hope Sigel's message gets out there.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Damn, he's dumber than I thought.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
This guy should just stick to what he knows; How to fuck up a multi million dollar record deal by trying to stay gangster.

All these so called gangster's a fucking retards, at least the ones that try and be liberals. "Bush needs to mind his business and stay out of Iraq". The  dickheads saying this are the same the ones that talk about killikng this guy and killing that guy. What the fuck was Beanie riding around with a gun for any way. I hate it when stupid people try and discuss smart things. All it does is confuse the children stupid enough to take anything they hear on record seriously.

"Everybody was born Muslim". Like the first case of recognizing one true God was in 600 A.D. News flash it dates back to prehistoric times, by various tribes all over the world.

infinite59

"Everybody was born Muslim". Like the first case of recognizing one true God was in 600 A.D. News flash it dates back to prehistoric times, by various tribes all over the world.

I agree with you that much of the gangsta talk in hip-hop is just theatre, but what Beanie said about Islam is true. 

The word Islam means "Peace through the submission to the will of the Creator".  Muslim means ("Mu"-one who)- "One who submits to the will of the Creator".

Therefore, anyone living at any time throughout history, who submitted to the will of the Creator is and was a Muslim.  The first man, Adam was a Muslim, Moses was a Muslim, Abraham was a Muslim, Jesus was a Muslim, there were Muslims in every nation and every land, and Allah sent a prophet to every nation! 

The only difference with the 7th Century on the English calender, is that Muhammad (pbuh) was the last messenger of Allah (God).  Muhammad brought people back to their true nature of submitting to the will of Allah.  He analyzed the deviations practiced by the Christians and idol worshippers who ascribed partners to God and seperated God into 3 (father, son, holy ghost).  He came and confirmed in the final message from Allah, the Holy Qu'ran, that there is No God but God ("La illaha illa Lah"), thus bringing the world back to the straight path of submission to Allah. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I agree with you that much of the gangsta talk in hip-hop is just theatre, but what Beanie said about Islam is true. 

The word Islam means "Peace through the submission to the will of the Creator".  Muslim means ("Mu"-one who)- "One who submits to the will of the Creator".

Therefore, anyone living at any time throughout history, who submitted to the will of the Creator is and was a Muslim.  The first man, Adam was a Muslim, Moses was a Muslim, Abraham was a Muslim, Jesus was a Muslim, there were Muslims in every nation and every land, and Allah sent a prophet to every nation! 

The only difference with the 7th Century on the English calender, is that Muhammad (pbuh) was the last messenger of Allah (God).  Muhammad brought people back to their true nature of submitting to the will of Allah.  He analyzed the deviations practiced by the Christians and idol worshippers who ascribed partners to God and seperated God into 3 (father, son, holy ghost).  He came and confirmed in the final message from Allah, the Holy Qu'ran, that there is No God but God ("La illaha illa Lah"), thus bringing the world back to the straight path of submission to Allah. 

Here is my quarrel: Beanie, and you, state it as fact. There is no fact in faith, otherwise it would not be faith. If he had said "I believe everyone was born Muslim based on what is written." that would be fine, but he said "Everyone is born Muslim" and that people just have to realize that. It is wrong to dismiss the beliefs of others and lay claim to such bold statements. We don't KNOW anything.

I am a Christian but I am not so ignorant to claim my beliefs as truth and dismiss the others as false or lost and misguided religions. For all we know Muhammed was just some guy that realized he could round up more troops by claiming divinty, not much different from Caesar, and Jesus could have been no more than a metaphor for the greater good created by men, there is no historical PROOF Jesus ever existed. Just because you believe something and I believe something doersn't make it true or factual.

How do you explain all the supernatural talents of Bhuddist monks? Many IGNORANT Christians would call it evil and the Devil's work. I would hope you wouldn't say the same.

infinite59

Here is my quarrel: Beanie, and you, state it as fact. There is no fact in faith, otherwise it would not be faith. If he had said "I believe everyone was born Muslim based on what is written." that would be fine, but he said "Everyone is born Muslim" and that people just have to realize that. It is wrong to dismiss the beliefs of others and lay claim to such bold statements. We don't KNOW anything.

I am a Christian but I am not so ignorant to claim my beliefs as truth and dismiss the others as false or lost and misguided religions. For all we know Muhammed was just some guy that realized he could round up more troops by claiming divinty, not much different from Caesar, and Jesus could have been no more than a metaphor for the greater good created by men, there is no historical PROOF Jesus ever existed. Just because you believe something and I believe something doersn't make it true or factual.

How do you explain all the supernatural talents of Bhuddist monks? Many IGNORANT Christians would call it evil and the Devil's work. I would hope you wouldn't say the same.

You have a right to reject Allah.  Allah has said in the Noble Qu'ran "There is no compulsion in religion".   From a human perspective we are given freedom of choice.  What Beanie Siegal was saying is true, but you have the right to reject it, and that right should be respected and protected.   I haven't read about any supernatural acts being attributed to Bhudda. 

Whatever it is that Bhudism teaches, the Noble Qu'ran offers an analysis of it.   Allah says in the Qu'ran, (translated, paraphrased) "This is a book that offers an analysis of everything, a confirmation of what has came before, and a mercy to those who will believe."

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

You have a right to reject Allah.  Allah has said in the Noble Qu'ran "There is no compulsion in religion".   From a human perspective we are given freedom of choice.  What Beanie Siegal was saying is true, but you have the right to reject it, and that right should be respected and protected.   I haven't read about any supernatural acts being attributed to Bhudda. 

Whatever it is that Bhudism teaches, the Noble Qu'ran offers an analysis of it.   Allah says in the Qu'ran, (translated, paraphrased) "This is a book that offers an analysis of everything, a confirmation of what has came before, and a mercy to those who will believe."

How do you KNOW what Beanie said is true? How do you KNOW the writing in the Quran is true? You don't KNOW, you believe. There is a difference. For all we know the holy writing of the Quran was nothing more than a scheme to inspire revolution. The same can be suspected of the Gospel. Now being Christian I BELIEVE in the words of Christ to the fullest but I do not KNOW anything. You claim you do know, and for that you are ignorant, or just plain lying.

For you to state that Buddha had no miracles or supernatural acts attributed to him shows me that you need to do some reading. Even the Buddhist monks of today can do things that seem humaly impossible. Look at their high threshold for pain. They attribute this to a spiritual guidance. Who are we to deny that?

I've read about all sorts of miracles by Buddha. There are stories of him floating in air and being surrounded in fire and Hindu gods. Where are the miracles of Muhammed? Correct me if I'm wrong but all I've heard about was him writing something while being illiterate, which could easily be a facade, and the other was him being able to take small armies and conquer larger ones. There is a story from ancient Greece that shows that 300 Spartans defeated thousands of Persian soldiers. This was never considered an act of God.

Look at all the miracles attatched to Jesus. If Muhammed was one step ahead of him then why doesn't he have all these wonders to go with his story. When Moses was attacked by an army God didn't teach him how to fight, God fought for him by opening an entire body of water and then closing it. Why didn't God do the same for Muhammed? Why is Christianity the largest religion? Can't God do something about that?

These are questions that cannot be answered, nor should they be. I, by no means am attempting to insult your faith, and certainly am not trying to convert you, but you shouldn't be so set in your ways and blindly following anything. The bottom line is "If it feels wrong, don't do it", live like this and you should be fine. I cannot imagine a God so petty and cruel that he would damn a human being to hell, even though that human being did no wrong to others and did the best he could to do the right thing, just because that human being didn't follow the procedure and pray the right way. If God is indeed like that then I don't want anything to do with him. Of course I BELIEVE that God is not like that, but I don't KNOW if there even is a God. I have faith, not knowledge, and I have no problem admitting that.

infinite59

I respect you, and I respect your right to choose what you want to believe in this life.  I used to be an atheist, one of the reasons I became a Muslim is that with proper understanding, Islam is totally practical, sensible and compatible with science.

Your trying to say that the truth is relative, and that faith means that you believe when common sense tells you not to.  I'm sorry, but that's not how it works in Islam.  In Islam, faith comes through knowledge and conviction.

Islam is practical.  The reason there aren't all these supernatural stories about the Prophet Muhammad is because he was just a man like you and I.  The greatest sin ever made was when deviators began making men into Gods and associating partners with God.  Allah (God) is greater than anything within his creation.  Muhammad was devinely inspired and he revealed the Noble Qu'ran, but still he was just a man, and may Allah be pleased with him.

Once again, what Beanie said is true, because Islam literally means, "Peace through the submission to the will of the Creator".  We are all in submission to the will of the Creator.  He (Allah) chose where you were born, how you were born, who you were born to, and no one but Allah (the Creator) knows your time of death.  Allah (The Creator), created everything in the Worlds and thus the worlds are in submission to His will.  This is why everyone is Muslim, although some may reject and leave this state of willed submission.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 09:11:36 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Once again, what Beanie said is true, because Islam literally means, "Peace through the submission to the will of the Creator".  We are all in submission to the will of the Creator.

untrue - nobody's in submission to the will of no creator

^^unless you can prove that wrong you are lying when saying what Beanie said is true.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wow he's really a dumb ass...no wonder his rapping sucks  8)

DAYUM

*gets his old B-siegal cd and throws it in the trash*