Author Topic: DVD Burning  (Read 115 times)

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
DVD Burning
« on: July 24, 2004, 11:12:44 PM »
I'm planning on buying a laptop this summer, and I was just wondering if it's true that a lot of DVDs can't be burned because of some security thing because that would help me decide if I even need my laptop to have a DVD-R drive.

???
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: DVD Burning
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 11:23:58 PM »
ya most more like all dvd's cant be copied da dvd burner are more meant for like home movies u recorded and wood like to burn on dvd

Jome

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 11:34:08 PM »
Everything can be burned with the right program..
There's at least 4-5, probably more programs that can burn DVD's, security measures are made to be cracked..

I would be sure to get one of them dual layer burners, DL discs will be cheaper soon, and holds twice the space as a single.
Also, most dual layers only have 2x or 4x speed on the second layer, I would wait for 8x or 12x speed on the second layer, could take some  months though... but will be wait worth it in speed..

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 12:12:43 AM »
Everything can be burned with the right program..
There's at least 4-5, probably more programs that can burn DVD's, security measures are made to be cracked..

I would be sure to get one of them dual layer burners, DL discs will be cheaper soon, and holds twice the space as a single.
Also, most dual layers only have 2x or 4x speed on the second layer, I would wait for 8x or 12x speed on the second layer, could take some  months though... but will be wait worth it in speed..

Thanks, so I'll be sure to get a laptop with a DVD burner then, since the difference in price isn't much.
However, I'll be buying the laptop 1st week of September, so I'm getting what's out at that time  :-\

Any suggestions for laptops...?
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 01:35:56 AM »
Stay away from dvd x copy, they fucked thier shit up earlier this year and can no longer rip correct. I use dvd dycripter and dvd clone.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 03:17:56 AM »
you can get through the security, but there a other problem
most dvd are like 8gb or 7gb, and a empty dvd-r is only 4.5 gb

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

The Watcher

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 06:08:28 AM »
dual layer dvd is 8.5gb (approx)
normal dvd is 4.4gb (approx)

find a dvd burner where you can get a patched firmware for it. most will only let you change the region on it like 3 or 4 times @ the most, and have a limited cd-r/w speed on them. pioneer are good (107 or a07) and sony's latest is also good
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 11:55:27 AM »
This is what you do, rip the dvd you have to your computer using DVD Decrypter. Depending on the dvd, it'll come out to be anywhere from 5 gb to 9 gb. When you burn it, burn it with DVD Shrink. This will not only burn the dvd, but it will shrink down the size of the dvd before you  burn it, thus allowing it to fit on the 4.7 gb disc that you're burning it to.

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 02:55:14 PM »
dvd shrink..look for  it on google