Author Topic: So I was listening to....  (Read 210 times)

MANBEARPIG.

So I was listening to....
« on: July 31, 2004, 11:46:57 PM »
Earth Wind and Fire and The Isley Brothers today and that is some good shit yo!  Why dont they make music like thta naymore, it kind of makes me ashamed f music today...anyone feel me? ;)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Sikotic™

Re: So I was listening to....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 12:21:01 AM »
I love that stuff. The thing about the Isley's that amaze me the most is that they've been making great music for 50 years and they never fell off. Even their latest album is bangin'.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 12:31:32 AM »
forreals man all that old school shit is like Emo shit todya but somehow its dope as fuck, they talk about having sex in the dopest way; ie. "The Love Game"  thats dope.

-KIDRENEGADE-

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 03:00:33 AM »
I'm gonna buy an album from the Isley Brothers around the end of August...can you recommend me some of their best albums?

tim

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 03:53:29 AM »
I love that stuff. The thing about the Isley's that amaze me the most is that they've been making great music for 50 years and they never fell off. Even their latest album is bangin'.

word up! the isley brothers are hella consistent... most of their contemporary peers fell off a long time ago. :D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 11:46:42 AM »
Earth Wind & Fire, one of my fave bands of all time. Good for you for listening to them.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 08:48:23 AM »
yeah, i like listenin to that type of shit from time to time