Author Topic: SH: News on Common's LP, Nas/Premo joint LP & Peedi Crakk  (Read 138 times)

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
SH: News on Common's LP, Nas/Premo joint LP & Peedi Crakk
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:12:33 PM »
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

After an electrifying performance with Kanye West on Chappelle's Show a couple of months ago, heads began buzzing about Common's new single, "The Food" and upcoming release, Be. The buzz then intensified when rumors started spreading that Com's next LP was to be released through Kanye West's Very Good Music imprint. Though the album was initially slated to be released in June, it has since been pushed back. Now, word is that the album is destined to be a banger with Kanye and Jay Dee reportedly handling the bulk of the production. Sources say the LP captures Com in Resurrection form.

Since being released from prison earlier this summer, Peedi Crakk has wasted no time flooding mixtapes with a wide selection of freestyles and original songs. In an interview conducted by SOHH.com this past June, Crakk shared, "[Damon Dash] is like 'Crakk, you the next ni99a so I gotta get you right." And that's exactly what he's been doing. His recent collaborations with Beanie Sigel have added to his current buzz and now the streets are slowly but surely demanding for Peedi's solo debut.

Nas is scheduled to appear on Jill Scott's sophomore album. In the cover story of The Source magazine's September issue, God's son revealed that DJ Premier called him to appear on a track he was working on for Scott's album. The article also reported that Nas' last Columbia LP is slated to be entirely produced by DJ Premier.

Word is that Pharrell Williams is advising Alesha, from the U.K.'s female pop group Ms-Teeq to start rhyming. The singer reportedly starred in N.E.R.D.'s "She Wants To Move" video. Despite being shy, Alesha finally rhymed for Pharrell after he began beatboxing. At the end of the cipher, Williams told the singer she was talented and advised her to buy a Slick Rick album to learn how to master her English accent.

- J da Costa 

Source: Sohh 

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SH: News on Common's LP, Nas/Premo joint LP & Peedi Crakk
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:01:11 AM »
Common's LP will be alnum of the year, just watch
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 10:02:05 AM »
album of the year
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 04:16:55 AM »
Dj Premier + Nas = perfect combo . I`m shure this album is going to be fire !

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 03:16:17 PM »
If Nas and Primo did an entire album together, I would die a happy man.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 03:39:44 PM »
damn, i think this year will end up having a bunch of dope albums