4 (10.8%)
Tracy Mcgrady
4 (10.8%)
Jason Kidd
0 (0%)
other
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Best Player currently in the NBA  (Read 467 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Best Player currently in the NBA
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2004, 03:58:47 PM »
the teams no.1 pics are drafted in are most likely horrible ..  and no.1 pics are most likely pushed

honestly, I believe certain ppl cant accept him as the good player he is because of the hype. what had he do to so that ppl like rampant or you accept him as a great player. average 30 points, 10 assists?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2004, 12:51:40 AM »
the teams no.1 pics are drafted in are most likely horrible ..  and no.1 pics are most likely pushed

honestly, I believe certain ppl cant accept him as the good player he is because of the hype. what had he do to so that ppl like rampant or you accept him as a great player. average 30 points, 10 assists?

I'm not saying he's not a good player...I'm just saying he hasn't proved shit yet...(Besides that he can score 20 points on a horrible team.)

Smoke

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2004, 03:02:32 AM »
all I can say is watch them stats of Shooting Guard Gods like Bryant or McGrady in their first season.. watch them stats of other Guards who went directly from  High School to the NBA at the age of 18 in their first season.. take also into a account what a versatile player LeBron is.. he can score, he dunk, he can create he can set up he can pass.. he's fast, great ball-handling. 20/5/5 directly from High School, espacially as a guard, noone ever did that. Fuck the hate.

Lebron aint a player yet. He's still a project. I've seen him against Italy, our 23-24 years old guards schooled him all the night. For sure he got talent, for "this kid can do it all" (like they say in a NBA.com promo), but dont run too much with him. He has great potential, but right now he aint in the top5 guards in the league.

Smoke

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2004, 03:03:41 AM »
P.S. Melo is the guy who's impressing everybody, here in Europe. :o

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2004, 05:28:31 AM »
all I can say is watch them stats of Shooting Guard Gods like Bryant or McGrady in their first season.. watch them stats of other Guards who went directly from  High School to the NBA at the age of 18 in their first season.. take also into a account what a versatile player LeBron is.. he can score, he dunk, he can create he can set up he can pass.. he's fast, great ball-handling. 20/5/5 directly from High School, espacially as a guard, noone ever did that. Fuck the hate.

Lebron aint a player yet. He's still a project. I've seen him against Italy, our 23-24 years old guards schooled him all the night. For sure he got talent, for "this kid can do it all" (like they say in a NBA.com promo), but dont run too much with him. He has great potential, but right now he aint in the top5 guards in the league.

Name 5 Shooting Guards who are better (still).. let me help you: let's take Kobe, Pierce, McGrady, Iverson.. hm.. who else? I would say Carter or Stackhouse, but both are pretty close to remain retarded.

P.S. Melo is the guy who's impressing everybody, here in Europe. :o

well, whatever, Melo is an awesome player. still, if you take the italy game to degrade James, I take the Belgrad Game to degrade Melo. he scored 2/12, while James scored 5/6. Also, I see many ppl act like if Anthony had an higher efficiency than LeBron had in the last season. Which is simply not accurate. LeBron had like 18,xx when CarMelo had one of 16,xx or something.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Smoke

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2004, 06:45:55 AM »
16,xx something plus the team in the Play-Offs, in the West. Anyway naw, i'm not taking one match to degrade Lebron. But he really gave me a negative impression that day not because of his skills, but because of his mental attitude. He was been mentally dominated by our 24-25 years old guards. Melo always played with a great impact, great attitude, no fear, leadership. In the National team and in Denver. And yes, even against Serbia&M. Lebron aint ready yet to be the leader of a team. He's too young. Maybe he will, one day. But now he aint ready yet. If you talk about potential, yeah i agree. He has the same potential Kobe used to have when he was 18. But potential is nothing if you cant carry your team over your shoulder. Look @ McGrady. Great scorer, great looser.