Author Topic: BASKET: ITALY-USA 95-78  (Read 923 times)

pappy

Re: BASKET: ITALY-USA 95-78
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 03:15:15 PM »
lol at USA.. cant even win at their own game

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA
When was the last time England won a title in soccer?

Stupid fuck.

is england supposed to be the best football nation and practically dominate all other teams? ..... NO
is usa supposed to be the best basketball nation and practically dominate all other teams? ..... uhm.... YES

ignorant homosexual. ::)

you look like rupaul,  you have no right to call anyone a homo.  Now go back to the hole you crawled out of.  This bored was 100% better without you here.  Oh yea continue givin me negative karma like you used to do lol.  For those that dont know,  this is who ibo looks like

this rupaul as a man,  if iblow posted a pic of himself your see they look exactly alike

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 03:15:42 PM »
The USA team sucks...Honestly, half those guys have never even been all-stars.

Smoke

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 03:49:48 PM »
america has the best basketball players.

Was it supposed to be funny? America DOESNT have a good team to represent them.

Im not making excuses.  the College All American team should win a game vs Italy.  Too much damn indivual play is fucking up basketball.  The A, B, C team of the NBA should easily win every game.  No excuses from me.

This post is totally nonsense. What the fuck do you mean? LOL. The College All American team SHOULD win a game vs Italy? Why? Just cause they are Americans? That's one of the dubest post ever, man. Very ignorant. And you know what? That's exactly the reason why you've lost by 17 points against us, and you have lost 3 games in the last World Championships Tournament, arriving 6th. Your team is a team made by humans, not UFO's. Like Italy. Italy embarassed Duncan, Iverson, Marbury, Lebron, Carmelo, Wade, etc. Stop here, please.

italy has been together how long now as a team? it usually takes a while for a team to develop chemistry ( making key plays during crucial moments, rotating on D etc..) looking at this roster i dont see any consistent shooters but alot of scorers who need to get into a rythem for them to be successfull, hasnt happened yet but its the only 2nd exhibition gamel. with all these athletes on this team they have to become a better lockdown defensive team and get easy buckets that way since they're lacking any deadly shooters...

Italy has 6 different players from the ones who shocked everybody in the last European Championships. So yes, it's a "NEW" team too. Just 2 years average older than USA. 2/3 of the roster was at their debut on international games.

The USA team sucks...Honestly, half those guys have never even been all-stars.

At least 3 of them are perennial All Stars. Plus Wade, Anthony, James are supposed to be "the future" of the NBA.

What's next? I'm having fun, lol.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 03:58:10 PM »
my post was stupid?  U called Grant and Divac better Than wallace so shut the fuck up.  Colllege All American players that didnt leave early to go to the NBA and play as a team will beat italy.  Im telling you, individual play is fucking up the NBA and american basketball in general.  put on some american team players and its a different case.  Grant and Divac better than Ben Wallace...what a dumb statement that was.

Smoke

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 04:10:52 PM »
my post was stupid?  U called Grant and Divac better Than wallace so shut the fuck up. Colllege All American players that didnt leave early to go to the NBA and play as a team will beat italy.  Im telling you, individual play is fucking up the NBA and american basketball in general.  put on some american team players and its a different case.  Grant and Divac better than Ben Wallace...what a dumb statement that was.

About Grant-Divac, I wrote they arent that worse than Wallace (combined). And i explained why. You can agree or disagree, that's another point. But i gave you a full explanation of what i mean with that statament. So go check it and read it again. Wallace played in Italy, i know him more than you. And i've seen Divac playing basketball from 14 years or more. I've seen them both playing against Europeans, against people who KNOWS how to play basketball (and not only how to jump or how to dunk with nobody defending zone). So shut the fuck up. Talking about dumb statement, then.. lol. Basketball IS a team game. Individuals are ruining it IN THE STATES. In the rest of the world (maybe they are more intelligent?) they put the team first, then themselves. And they are improving, while USA is falling down so much you are inventing some of the most pathetic excuses i've ever read, in this forum. Lithuania and France outplayed USA in the last Olympic Games. Lithuania missed the last shot to win the game. It was a shock. But hell no, you Americans are so ignorant you never thought you need the first/best team and you need them to pratice togheter. No. Our 2nd team is enought! Yea, right. You've lost 3 times in the last World Championships, and you arrived 6th. Now again: youngs will be more motivated than old players. Duncan and Iverson are enought to win it all, plus Melo and James, and Wade.. Nobody can defeat them. Mmmm.. Nobody but Italy (by 17). And Germany is waiting to possibly beat you. Man what the fuck are you talking about here? The "Dream Team" is dead. Jordan retired, man. Johnson and Bird retired. John Stock retired. Barkley retired. Read ESPN.com, you are co-favorites in Athens? YES, CO. Like ESPN.com said.. "MAMMA MIA!"

Please do me a favor and go commenting baseball.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 04:17:07 PM by Antonio »

PLANT

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 04:50:27 PM »

Also, just because the first pro basketball game was played in Canada, Toronto in fact, does not make it a Canadian game. It was invented in the United States at YMCAs, and later Canadians took to basketball to have a sport that can be played in areas on nights when hockey was not played. The sport then took off in ghettos, first being played by Jews who dominated the game, and later by blacks who took over the ghettos. It basically became the poor mans game.
Not trying to burst your bubble M Dogg, but basketball WAS invented in Canada by Dr. James Naismith.  It was not invented in United States at YMCA's, LOL.....

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 04:54:54 PM »
lol what fucking excuses?  Even u said that indivual play is ruining USA basketball.  If they get their shit right and play as a team, untouchable.  ESPN sports writers are full of idiots anyway. ESPN Sucks.  They dont even know what the fuck is going on in the world of sports.  Stephen A Smith is the only guy i respect from their basketball "experts".

Smoke

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 04:55:43 PM »
1) What is your take on the U.S. loss to Italy?

80.3% It's a wake-up call for the U.S. team.
19.7% Italy is as good as or better than the U.S. team.

2) What's the problem with the U.S. team?

31.8% The U.S. didn't send its best players.
24.5% The U.S. team wasn't as motivated as the Italian team.
18.5% The rest of the world has caught up.
13.7% The U.S. team needs more time to gel.
7.7% The international game is different.
3.8% They just had a bad day.

3) How will the U.S. fare against Germany on Wednesday?

47.0% Win a close one
25.0% Win big
19.0% Lose a close one
9.0% Lose big

4) Is Larry Brown the right coach for this team?

89.2% Yes
10.8% No

5) Which style of play do you prefer?

58.1% The U.S. game
41.9% The international game

6) What will the U.S. team bring home from the Olympics?

44.1% Gold medal
24.1% Nothing
18.4% Bronze medal
13.4% Silver medal

Total Votes: 29,764 - ESNP.com

You're still optimistic, uh? ;D

Smoke

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 04:59:30 PM »
lol what fucking excuses?  Even u said that indivual play is ruining USA basketball.  If they get their shit right and play as a team, untouchable.  ESPN sports writers are full of idiots anyway. ESPN Sucks.  They dont even know what the fuck is going on in the world of sports.  Stephen A Smith is the only guy i respect from their basketball "experts".

Man you are making it looks like it's impossible in the States to play like a team. It IS possible. But your players think they are too big to do that. They think they can win alone, 1 on 1, against everybody. Shit we play basketball, in Europe, not playground! We defend on zone, not 1 on 1. We shoot better than you, not worse. We run, we dont sleep. If you dont step up and you dont play as a team, then probably you ARE NOT A TEAM. And it's all something about the attitude, the mentality. Your is worse. Dont tell me Duncan, Iverson etc cant play like a team. Cause if they cant, then blame nobody but yourself and your attitude. About ESNP.com writers, they are the only ones who called USA team "co-favorites", and who somehow are talking shit about USA team since day 1, saying it's hard to win the gold medal. But you know, USA players are STILL acting like they are Jordan, Magic and Bird!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 05:03:37 PM by Antonio »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 05:44:25 PM »

Man you are making it looks like it's impossible in the States to play like a team. It IS possible. But your players think they are too big to do that. They think they can win alone, 1 on 1, against everybody.

I agree.

is that an excuse? lol we both have said the same thing. But mine is an excuse and urs is the legit reason?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 05:46:55 PM »
LMAO

they also only finished 6th in the last world championships where germany finished 3rd btw.. so that's really not just a conincident or only depending on the current USA Team.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Smoke

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 05:56:56 PM »

Man you are making it looks like it's impossible in the States to play like a team. It IS possible. But your players think they are too big to do that. They think they can win alone, 1 on 1, against everybody.

I agree.

is that an excuse? lol we both have said the same thing. But mine is an excuse and urs is the legit reason?

We're saying the same thing, but the excuse is that you think College players can do it and those NBA superstars cant. They can. They just has to cut this "i'm superman" attitude from themselves, cause they are def better than Italy. They have the best coach possible coaching them, a good vice-coach, they are all youngs, so.. what the fuck they need to play as a team? They got everything, man.

Smoke

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 06:03:51 PM »
they also only finished 6th in the last world championships where germany finished 3rd btw.. so that's really not just a conincident or only depending on the current USA Team.

E. Brand, A. Davis, B. Davis, M. Finley, R. LaFrentz, S. Marion, A. Miller, R. Miller, J. O'Neal, P. Pierce, B. Wallace, J. Williams.

Montana00

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 06:05:37 PM »
if usa actually put in all there top all stars no one could touch us.

Smoke

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 06:08:04 PM »
if usa actually put in all there top all stars no one could touch us.

IF.