Author Topic: Windows help  (Read 133 times)

Fabulous_Verstyle

Windows help
« on: August 06, 2004, 02:12:58 PM »
currently i am runing windows XP.........but seriously i hate it.......im switching back to Windows 95......first kaz it uses soooooo muh less resources, 2nd every program on earth is compatible with it........wht do u guys think ? which windows is better 95,98,Me, 2000 or XP ?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Windows help
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 02:15:56 PM »
xp, i love it

Montana00

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 02:19:51 PM »
XP,

All you got to do is turn off a bunch of rescources, change the theme back to the classic windows look, and turn off all that "good looking stuff" Like shadows behind the mouse click etc.

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 02:35:15 PM »
WINDOWS 98 SE

BITCH

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 03:26:28 PM »
xp is better then 95 imo. havent had any problems with it, used it last 2 years now.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 05:38:22 PM »
use Windows 98SE if XP is too much for your PC

95 u will not be able to do alot of things cuz it's just too old even though it will run fast...98se will run fast for u too ;)

Jome

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 06:52:08 PM »
XP with SP1 is the best, no competition.. fuck buggy/laggy 95, 98 and ME.
But XP takes its computer, if you're running 1998 hardware, then XP isn't for you.

Montana00

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 08:08:25 PM »
Windows XP Performance Tweaks.

If you think XP is lagging you can turn off all the "extras" that makes xp look good. You can make xp look like 98 (as ugly as it may be)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced Tab>1st Settings Button>Uncheck every box (unless there is something you want) then click OK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why not turn off some xp services to make xp faster?

Go to http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
This will give you a list of all the XP services, and under the column for best performance it will tell you what to leave on and what to turn off.

Start>Run>Type "services.msc" and press ok. Turn off all the services you dont need. I posted the website, because it gives you a reference of the services you need.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

And download TweakUI.  there is some feature in this program that can enhance xp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are my tips, use them as you will.