Author Topic: RIP to the "Likwit" Mr X to the Z.....  (Read 733 times)

Jome

Re: RIP to the "Likwit" Mr X to the Z.....
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2002, 08:23:53 PM »

Umm

NO

WRONG

INCORRECT

NEGATIVE

If we were so TIRED of X, why is it that we still listen to Speed Of Life & 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz on a regular basis, I know I do. I bump Restless less often & if I do I usually skip about half the album. Man Vs Machine is worse, esspecially the second half of the album (not the bonus disc, that rules)

Its the same as Snoop, I never get tired of Doggystyle, & even to some extent Doggfather. The rest after that, shitttt.

Xzibit didnt fall off as bad as Snoop

Xzibit still has great MC skills, Snoop, thou he has expanded his song content, has lost his strength, which was his hard hitting fast flow, he lost that like before Doggfather.

So no, we never FELL OFF, they fell off, & now we aint as big fans because they're shit isnt as good anymore, thou we still listen to the old shit, which shows the problem is that we aint tired of there old cd's, we just dont like there new albums

Now put that in your pipe & smoke it!

Big words from a small dude.

"At the speed of life" is overhyped, even if it got lots of classic material. Because it's his debut, people overhype it, same thing as usual. It happened to Dre, Snoop, Jigga, Nas & more.
"40 dayz" is a notch better, but even that one got some filler-cuts.
Restless is about the same level as "At the speed", maybe a notch weaker.

3 solid album, all more than 4 mics. Wtf is peoples problem with Restless? It's filled with bangers and dope lyrics.

I aint gon speak on MVM yet, but it's not less than 4 mics at least, that neither. (Fuck what Myreallame says)

Hang on, no rebuttal of me proving your "you're all tired of Xzibit" theory wrong

Little dude? huh, do you even know me. I'm 20 years of age & larger than life.

As I said, if I, or anyone else who says X's first 2 cd's kick his last 2 cd's ass's, are so TIRED so Xzibit, how come we still bump X's music, namely his old tracks

Answer that & I might actually consider that you have a brain

LoL

* You do not like Xzibits affiliation with larger and more "mainstream" cats like Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dr.Dre.
* You do not like Xzibits affilation with more professional producers than his underground homies Sir Jinx, Thayod, E Swift & DJ Pen One.
You strongly dislike the fact that professional producers like Dr.Dre, Rockwilder, Rick Rock, JellyRoll, Battlecat etc. produce for Xzibit.
* You don't like the Eastcoast-sounding type of beats, e.g. Rick Rock or Bink, and therefore..
* Doesn't like Xzibits more polished image, sound & delivery, because you liked him better underground & unpolished.
* You don't like the fact that his last LP went double platinum.

At least some of them are true, admit it now..

eNgIeS

Re: RIP to the "Likwit" Mr X to the Z.....
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2002, 05:17:27 AM »

Umm

NO

WRONG

INCORRECT

NEGATIVE

If we were so TIRED of X, why is it that we still listen to Speed Of Life & 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz on a regular basis, I know I do. I bump Restless less often & if I do I usually skip about half the album. Man Vs Machine is worse, esspecially the second half of the album (not the bonus disc, that rules)

Its the same as Snoop, I never get tired of Doggystyle, & even to some extent Doggfather. The rest after that, shitttt.

Xzibit didnt fall off as bad as Snoop

Xzibit still has great MC skills, Snoop, thou he has expanded his song content, has lost his strength, which was his hard hitting fast flow, he lost that like before Doggfather.

So no, we never FELL OFF, they fell off, & now we aint as big fans because they're shit isnt as good anymore, thou we still listen to the old shit, which shows the problem is that we aint tired of there old cd's, we just dont like there new albums

Now put that in your pipe & smoke it!

Big words from a small dude.

"At the speed of life" is overhyped, even if it got lots of classic material. Because it's his debut, people overhype it, same thing as usual. It happened to Dre, Snoop, Jigga, Nas & more.
"40 dayz" is a notch better, but even that one got some filler-cuts.
Restless is about the same level as "At the speed", maybe a notch weaker.

3 solid album, all more than 4 mics. Wtf is peoples problem with Restless? It's filled with bangers and dope lyrics.

I aint gon speak on MVM yet, but it's not less than 4 mics at least, that neither. (Fuck what Myreallame says)

Hang on, no rebuttal of me proving your "you're all tired of Xzibit" theory wrong

Little dude? huh, do you even know me. I'm 20 years of age & larger than life.

As I said, if I, or anyone else who says X's first 2 cd's kick his last 2 cd's ass's, are so TIRED so Xzibit, how come we still bump X's music, namely his old tracks

Answer that & I might actually consider that you have a brain

LoL

* You do not like Xzibits affiliation with larger and more "mainstream" cats like Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dr.Dre.
* You do not like Xzibits affilation with more professional producers than his underground homies Sir Jinx, Thayod, E Swift & DJ Pen One.
You strongly dislike the fact that professional producers like Dr.Dre, Rockwilder, Rick Rock, JellyRoll, Battlecat etc. produce for Xzibit.
* You don't like the Eastcoast-sounding type of beats, e.g. Rick Rock or Bink, and therefore..
* Doesn't like Xzibits more polished image, sound & delivery, because you liked him better underground & unpolished.
* You don't like the fact that his last LP went double platinum.

At least some of them are true, admit it now..

#1: No I was happy for Xzibit when I saw that he was hooking up with Dre & Snoop on Bitch Please. I thought that it would help his music getting recognized. I have no problem with anyone affilating with anyone as long as they still do good music

#2: No I wouldn't mind if the production was good, the fact is I like 2001 & alot of other Dre production from the past few years, in fact Get Your Walk On & X were the best songs on Restless. I dont care for names, if the music sounds good i dont care

#3 In like east coast beats, I am a big fan of Mobb Deep, Nas, Jay-Z, Wu Tang & many others. I dont care which side they from as long as the musics good

#4 What do you mean by polished. His rhymes were a bit better earlier in his career like with most rappers, but he hasnt really fallin off in that category. I just feel his lyrical content, song content & methaphors (example from 3 card molly "Jerry Spring You out the study then Suge Knight you to the parking lot") have dropped a bit. He is still one of the dopest rappers in the game

#5 I'm happy for him going double platinum, he finally making money, sales dont mean its better than his other albums. He simply had more exposure & bigger names on his album than his first 2 cd's, that means more sales

So no, not one of those statements are true

Dont get me wrong, I like Restless its a very good cd, his first 2 were GREAT cd's thou. Man vs Machine's first half & bonus disc is pretty good too, but everything from "Choke Me Spank Me" just doesnt sit well in my ear's.

I'm not one to give mics our easily like the Source & everyone else. to me you have to earn it. not every song can be a classic I see people giving multiply like 4.5 or 5 mic's. Man that shit is a 4 Mic at the most more like 3.5. Doesnt mean it aint a good song, its just that a very good song. its not an excelle.nt (4 mics), amazing (4.5  mics) or classic (5 mics).

Anyway not everyone is like "once they start selling & hittinG i'm going to hate on them" it aint like that. Its how there music sounds. X's rhymes these days are still great, just a notch below what they used to be. His production on the albums have not been as good.

For Snoop i find it the opposite way around, the production on his albums since Doggystyle, thou not better than Doggystyle (not an easy feat to top) has actually carried his albums. His rhymes have at best been decent, most of it has been weak & makes me wanna kick him in the knee's coz from hearing him freestyle i know he can still bust a chronic rhyme if he wants, he just too damn caught up in that "pimp silky smooth i must sing now" image.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
Re:RIP to the "Likwit" Mr X to the Z.....
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2002, 11:19:42 PM »
word man !!!

i just got back to the board to return to this dope post  8)

i gotta say, im still bumpin at the speed of life more than all other xzibit albums...
i didnt know that his first album was overhyped... :o
but i dont care, if overhyped or not...
i love bout 90% of this album !!!
lyrics are great and the productions are raw and fit to xzibits style !!!

im also feeln get yo walk on and other tracks on restless...
but at the speed of life is still the best shit ever heard from xzibit!!!

peace
GT
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

eNgIeS

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2002, 04:45:48 AM »
(waiting for Jomes response)

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2002, 05:25:43 AM »
(waiting for Jomes response)

^^^same here
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

eNgIeS

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2002, 03:18:05 AM »
should i expect a reply from someone who is wrong. Most people seem react differently to defeat than how I do. If i'm wrong I admit it, obiviously Jome doesnt have the balls to admit it

Jome

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2002, 01:34:06 PM »
should i expect a reply from someone who is wrong. Most people seem react differently to defeat than how I do. If i'm wrong I admit it, obiviously Jome doesnt have the balls to admit it

yea, maybe the 5 reasons didn't suit your case, but it sure seems like that for someone.
In your case, maybe I was wrong, but I bet those 5 reasons suits a lot of "old X-fans"
Wtf you talkin bout "Doesn't have the balls to admit it"??
I didn't check this topic before now.

People call MVM "Restless part 2..
This is RIDICULOUS!!
It's more "40 dayz part 2"

eNgIeS

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2002, 12:42:29 AM »

yea, maybe the 5 reasons didn't suit your case, but it sure seems like that for someone.
In your case, maybe I was wrong, but I bet those 5 reasons suits a lot of "old X-fans"
Wtf you talkin bout "Doesn't have the balls to admit it"??
I didn't check this topic before now.

People call MVM "Restless part 2..
This is RIDICULOUS!!
It's more "40 dayz part 2"

OK fair enuff

But you shouldnt label all fans as groupies for the underground or for mainstream artists I like music if its good, i dont care who its by or if its mainstream or underground

MvsM is closer to 40 days but still different albums all together. MvsM sucks after track 7