Author Topic: horror movie sequels  (Read 1105 times)

Thirteen

Re: horror movie sequels
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2004, 02:46:19 AM »
Forgetting some?

Elm Street Prequal, Freddy vs Jason 2,  Cabin Fever 2, Alien vs Predator, Alien 5, and Final Destination 3-D...

not really, those films aren't too far along, the site i go to tells of films that are definites.... plus aliens are considered sci fi, not horror movies

"Freddy vs Jason 2", "Cabin Fever 2", "Aliens vs Predator, & "Final Destination 3-D" are all definite... ::)

"Elm Street Prequel" & "Alien 5" are extremely likely... :D

what i'm saying is that they are missing key parts such as; Cast, director, scripts... so they're not definite. right now they're just ideas

and Aliens is more Sci Fi than horror - takes place in the future, aboard spaceships, in space, with futuristic weaponry, the enemies are aliens....

Alien, the first one not aliens, is still a story told with the visual style and all the charateristics of the horror genre. and as for your definition of definitie - 28 Weeks Later has no director, cast or script as far as being announced. Same with Blair Witch 3, it got announced during the release of the first and hasnt being mentioned since. No confirmed director, cast or script for Candyman 4. Dracula II: Ascension is already on video. No director, cast or script yet announced for Halloween 9 or The Lecter Variations or The TCM prequel. so in your definition of definite films - about half your, what appears to be an old, list isnt valid

and even when you do have a script, cast and director its still difficult to argue its definitie

28 weeks later... they already picked who's going to write the script, fox already announced it, and they're in talks of getting the original director and producer in on this

Blair witch 3 already has the director and a script

as for candy man 4:

Tony Todd got to chat with one of the guys from Fango about the film, saying "Right now we’re prepping a fourth CANDYMAN film. It’s going to be big-budget—we’re looking at $25 million. There have been a lot of successful horror films made since we did the last movie, and Clive [Barker] and I have had three or four meetings about the film, talking about storyboarding ideas."

He then goes on to reveal a little about the story... "It’s going to be set in New England, and the initial image will be of Candyman in a blizzard. The story is about a double identity. I can tell you that it’s set at an all-girls college where there is a descendant of Candyman—a professor who doesn’t actually know who or what Candyman is."

He also explains how it will have nothing to do with the previous Candyman film, which even he was disappointed with... "It’s going to be stand-alone. There will be no number attached to it.”

When talking about Clive Barker's involvement he reveals that he'll be, "absolutely hands-on -- he’s a story consultant and an executive producer."

the lectar variations already has a script and a producer plus universal already stated that they were going to release it

TCM prequel: the guy that played leatherface is signed up for it, they have someone writing the script and they already have the production company

the only think i haven't found much info on is halloween 9

so i was right on all these movies except for 1

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2004, 03:08:38 AM »
"Freddy vs Jason 2" has Ken Kirzinger & Robert Englund signed up for it.

"Cabin Fever 2" has Robert Harris signed up for it

"Alien vs Predator" is being released in under a week, with horror being one of the categories.

"Final Destination 3-D" is already in pre-production

"Alien 5" will be made as long as Sigourney Weaver agrees to star in it again

"Elm Street Prequel" Is still being discussed, but we know Robert Englund is read to do it

Rain

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2004, 03:35:31 AM »

28 weeks later... they already picked who's going to write the script, fox already announced it, and they're in talks of getting the original director and producer in on this

as for candy man 4:

Tony Todd got to chat with one of the guys from Fango about the film, saying "Right now we’re prepping a fourth CANDYMAN film. It’s going to be big-budget—we’re looking at $25 million. There have been a lot of successful horror films made since we did the last movie, and Clive [Barker] and I have had three or four meetings about the film, talking about storyboarding ideas."

He then goes on to reveal a little about the story... "It’s going to be set in New England, and the initial image will be of Candyman in a blizzard. The story is about a double identity. I can tell you that it’s set at an all-girls college where there is a descendant of Candyman—a professor who doesn’t actually know who or what Candyman is."

He also explains how it will have nothing to do with the previous Candyman film, which even he was disappointed with... "It’s going to be stand-alone. There will be no number attached to it.”

When talking about Clive Barker's involvement he reveals that he'll be, "absolutely hands-on -- he’s a story consultant and an executive producer."

the lectar variations already has a script and a producer plus universal already stated that they were going to release it

TCM prequel: the guy that played leatherface is signed up for it, they have someone writing the script and they already have the production company

sources please
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

Thirteen

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2004, 08:36:07 AM »

as for candy man 4:

sources please

look around the internet.....i got most of the info from www.upcominghorrormovies.com, then there's fangoria's website, comingsoon.net......

Thirteen

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2004, 09:02:15 AM »

"Alien vs Predator" is being released in under a week, with horror being one of the categories.

"Elm Street Prequel" Is still being discussed, but we know Robert Englund is read to do it

go to a store that sells DVD's, you'll see that Aliens is in the sci fi section at Sam Goody, Best Buy, Circuit City..... plus it's also in the sci fi section of amazon.com

i know to you this is hard to understand and believe....but it is 75% more sci fi than it is anything else

and other than final destination 3-d all the other ones are still too early to tell, i'm not saying that they're not coming out...but the website i go to just posts the big news

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2004, 02:03:46 AM »

go to a store that sells DVD's, you'll see that Aliens is in the sci fi section at Sam Goody, Best Buy, Circuit City..... plus it's also in the sci fi section of amazon.com

i know to you this is hard to understand and believe....but it is 75% more sci fi than it is anything else

and other than final destination 3-d all the other ones are still too early to tell, i'm not saying that they're not coming out...but the website i go to just posts the big news

I've seen "Alien" in the horror section, as well as in other sections...I don't think you get that a movie can fall under more than one category...Take "Rush Hour" for example; Action/Comedy...You get it yet?

Thirteen

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2004, 08:13:02 AM »
but you'd find it in the comedy section 9 out of 10 times

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2004, 01:58:09 PM »
I went to Amoeba on Sunset and Vine today, and "Alien" is under the horror section...PeACe

Thirteen

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2004, 01:59:57 PM »
i went to best buy, media play, sam goody, FYE amazon.com and aliens is all in sci fi

sonned

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2004, 02:20:28 PM »
i went to best buy, media play, sam goody, FYE amazon.com and aliens is all in sci fi

sonned

Sonned? LMAO...My point was that "Alien" falls under more than one genre, which was already proven...Holy shit, you're a moron.

I've seen interviews with Ridley Scott (the director of "Alien") where he says it's a horror movie, and explains why...But you're obviously too stupid to understand that. :D

Thirteen

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2004, 02:27:44 PM »
the director of showgirls said that movie was one of his best works and that it was a great movie.... i guess everyone else is wrong in saying it sucks

so far you're not winning any of these arguements...you should give up

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2004, 02:38:52 PM »
the director of showgirls said that movie was one of his best works and that it was a great movie.... i guess everyone else is wrong in saying it sucks

so far you're not winning any of these arguements arguments...you should give up

I take filming classes, and anyone who knows anything about the horror genre, knows that "Alien" is a horror flick with the Alien playing a slasher...I've studied horror, and know the genre like the back of my hand...You're just a moron who doesn't know shit about movies, and thinks just because a movie has aliens in it, it must be only Sci-Fi..."The Fly" is another example of Horror/Sci-Fi...Oh, but wait, maybe that isn't horror either. Maybe since "South Park" is animation, it can't be comedy...You, my friend, are a moron...You think you know more about a movie than the creators; it just shows what an egotistical idiot you are...And I bet you know it's a horror. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, which is pretty sad.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2004, 02:44:52 PM »
When science-fiction meets horror...

Every now and then a daring combination has a good and unique movie as a result. "Alien" is one of those movies, along with it's sequel "Aliens" that mixes science-fiction, horror and action.

The best thing about the movie is its atmosphere which makes it notable that Ridley Scott is the one that directed this movie. His style might be a bit slow for some but it makes the atmosphere very chilling and mysterious. It's the most atmospheric horror movie ever made also thanks to the chilling musical score by Jerry Goldsmith, good camera work and lighting

The most surprising thing about the movie is the character Ripley played by Sigourney Weaver. She begins as a small character but later in the movie she turns into the main (heroin) character. She really is one of the best female characters in movie history and is even better in "Aliens".

The movie is filled with some unforgettable scene's (the dinner scene is a classic) and some scene's that will bring you to the edge of your seat even though some of the horror is at times predictable (splitting up is always asking to get yourself killed).

The acting is top class, thanks to the directing and some good dialogue. Tom Skerritt, Sigourney Weaver, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, John Hurt, Ian Holm and Yaphet Kotto are all unforgettable.

A must see classic science-fiction/horror movie.

10/10

"sonned"

Thirteen

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2004, 02:55:53 PM »

so far you're not winning any of these arguements arguments...you should give up

I take filming classes, and anyone who knows anything about the horror genre, knows that, "Alien", is a horror flick with the Alien playing a slasher...I've studied horror, and know the genre like the back of my hand...You're just a moron who doesn't know shit about movies, and thinks just because a movie has aliens in it, it must be only Sci-Fi..."The Fly" is another example of Horror/Sci-Fi...Oh,! but wait,! maybe Maybe that isn't horror either. Maybe since "South Park" is animation, it can't be comedy...You, my friend, are a moron...You think you know more about a movie than the creators; it just shows what an egotistical idiot you are... And I bet you know it's a horror. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, which is pretty sad.

If you'd like to be funny, you should take more English classes.

Since you have your PhD in film studies, maybe you should go to all the chains nation wide that sell DVD's and tell them that their filing system is wrong.
Explain to them that since the Aliens have sharp claws, and that it takes place in a inadequately lit space, and that these reasons alone make the movie a horror movie. Tell them to forget about the spaceship/planets the movies take place on, to forget about the movies taking place in the future, that the movie involves Aliens, high tech. weaponry along with high tech. gadgetry and lets not forget the androids.

I'm sure they will see things your way, you film expert you.