Author Topic: Gary Payton & Rick Fox Traded to Celtics in 5 Player Deal  (Read 790 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Gary Payton & Rick Fox Traded to Celtics in 5 Player Deal
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 03:45:44 PM »
^^lol..funny how NIK changes his opinions of players when they're no longer on the team

anywayz...MArcus banks = great move by the lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did I change my opinion? Show me.

well considering the fact everytime someone mentioned the lakers werent doing shit this season you would bring up the fact how they still have a HOF PG in gary payton now you say he is old an annoying lol.

I rarely mentioned Gary Payton as a positive on the Lakers...I always said Kobe was the reason the Lakers could still be a great team, and always claimed Payton was just a role player...I never denied him being old and washed up, and I'm still not saying he's a bad player...But if Kobe left, best believe I'd be devastated.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 03:55:20 PM »
I have no clue what this trade will bring. I actually like Gary Payton, I can see getting rid of Rick Fox, I thought he was retiring anyways. The thing that gets me is the draft picks. We getting a second round in exchange for a first. Shit I already expect Karl to go to San Antonio now, 'cause him and Payton are close, and we'll see how it goes. Damn, rebuilding is getting harder than it needs to be. Chris Mihns??? The man can't even score 7 points a game on the lowly Celtics (ha ha, love hating on the Celtics still) The Lakers better have something in there back pocket, like a Jason Kidd trade.

Smoke

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 03:55:44 PM »
Well it aint a bad deal at all. I mean Lakers are working to have a great team in 1-2 years (they'll probably try to sign Yao). After this trade, they'll have a very very young team (like the Clippers), with talent. Plus 2 first round draft picks and 2 second round draft picks next year. Payton, Shaq, Fisher, Malone, Ho.Grant, Fox, etc.. were/are great players, but they're all old. Lakers traded them to get youngs. They're working for the future. Next year? It's all in Kobe's hands.

Anyway the 36-year-old Payton i've seen last year wasnt a $5.4 million player. No way. And Fox is a RIP player. In return we've got a skilled PG in Brown, a decent backup in Atkins and a decent backup in Mihm. It's not good. Obviously we're going nowhere with those players, but we've now a pretty deep bench, a young team, a leader (Kobe), a veteran (Divac), a starter for the USA team (Odom) and a couple of good players. They really need just 1 step to be a great team: Yao. Let's hope we can sign him in 2 years. For now, every deal to get young players is good, imo.

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 03:58:57 PM »
omg... :o

lakers suck atm if u ask me, with that team i dont think they make to playoffs. kobe cant carry the whole team. man.. and yea nik u change ur opinnion quick shaq now payton, but its ok. ;)

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 03:59:12 PM »
one word perdiction for the lakers next season....LOTTERY  8)

Smoke

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 04:04:17 PM »
But c'mon, it's not over yet. We have thousands of good players to make interesting trades. So.. let's wait.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2004, 04:35:51 PM »
I don't think it's the end of the world, but honestly, this trade was just a trade to trade. Chris Mihns? I would not get Chris Mihns in any trade what so ever. And it's the draft pick that gets me. Payton, ok his done, Fox, already retired. But that draft pick could be huge. Say next year a Nelson type player falls deep into the lottory, I'd be mad as hell if the Celtics, or anyone after them picks up that player. The other young players, basically trade bait anyways, because unless you can perform in L.A., they get rid of you quick. Players like Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambus, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, they stay with the Lakers because when they get playing time, they play good hard basketball. A Chris Mihns is not going to stay long. His going to play a little, suck, and might be used for 6 fouls when Shaq or Yao comes to town, and then move on next year. The Lakers don't take kindly to the Chris Mihns of the NBA, and hell even future Hall of Famers like Gary Payton get it too if they don't do well in that Forum Purple and Gold. So next year, or hell even before the year starts, some players will be moved. I just had a thought, is Rush any good at point guard, 'cause my man is a great player and the bench is not a good place for his talent. As for the scrubs we picked up, Chucky you cool, the other two, you better come correct or you'll go down with the other forgettable Lakers, 'cause if we can dump a Glen Rice and Gary Payton, imagion what we can do to towel wavers, unless of course you wave a towel like Mark Madson...  :D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2004, 06:02:10 PM »
lol, I dont get how every Laker fan hates it.
seriously, Payton is an old dick, and Fox is an old dick who wanted to retire earlier anyway.
Im not saying that Mihm and Atkins are good players LMAO, but Payton and Fox suck ass too.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 06:23:33 PM »
The Lakers better have something in there back pocket, like a Jason Kidd trade.

Well it aint a bad deal at all. I mean Lakers are working to have a great team in 1-2 years (they'll probably try to sign Yao). . They really need just 1 step to be a great team: Yao. Let's hope we can sign him in 2 years.

pass the blunt folks. y'all dreamin'.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2004, 10:08:56 PM »
lol, I dont get how every Laker fan hates it.
seriously, Payton is an old dick, and Fox is an old dick who wanted to retire earlier anyway.
Im not saying that Mihm and Atkins are good players LMAO, but Payton and Fox suck ass too.

I ain't tripping off the players, I'm tripping off the draft pick. The plays will come and go like every other player that can't produce. If they prove their worth, then it's all good. But honestly, the draft picks are what get me.

ecrazy

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2004, 11:00:41 PM »
WOW....Now the Clippers Are Better than the Lakers

CLIPPERS BITCH :p

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2004, 11:07:11 PM »
bout Fisher

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2004, 12:37:48 AM »
I don't think it's the end of the world, but honestly, this trade was just a trade to trade. Chris Mihns? I would not get Chris Mihns in any trade what so ever. And it's the draft pick that gets me. Payton, ok his done, Fox, already retired. But that draft pick could be huge. Say next year a Nelson type player falls deep into the lottory, I'd be mad as hell if the Celtics, or anyone after them picks up that player. The other young players, basically trade bait anyways, because unless you can perform in L.A., they get rid of you quick. Players like Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambus, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, they stay with the Lakers because when they get playing time, they play good hard basketball. A Chris Mihns is not going to stay long. His going to play a little, suck, and might be used for 6 fouls when Shaq or Yao comes to town, and then move on next year. The Lakers don't take kindly to the Chris Mihns of the NBA, and hell even future Hall of Famers like Gary Payton get it too if they don't do well in that Forum Purple and Gold. So next year, or hell even before the year starts, some players will be moved. I just had a thought, is Rush any good at point guard, 'cause my man is a great player and the bench is not a good place for his talent. As for the scrubs we picked up, Chucky you cool, the other two, you better come correct or you'll go down with the other forgettable Lakers, 'cause if we can dump a Glen Rice and Gary Payton, imagion what we can do to towel wavers, unless of course you wave a towel like Mark Madson...  :D

Who the fuck is Chris Mihns? Do you even know him? It's Chris Mihm, and he's a nice player with hella potential...Have you ever even seen him play?

pappy

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2004, 12:45:53 AM »

Who the fuck is Chris Mihns? Do you even know him? It's Chris Mihm, and he's a nice player with hella potential...Have you ever even seen him play?
ive seen mihm play.  an there isnt full of hella potential.  what you see is what you get lol.  you say that about everybody that becomes a laker.  an once the leave they suck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2004, 12:49:05 AM »

ive seen mihm play.  an there isnt full of hella potential.  what you see is what you get lol.  you say that about everybody that becomes a laker.  an once the leave they suck.

I actually always liked Chris Mihm...Now Luke Walton and Slava Medvadenko; them I don't like...So there goes your "all Lakers are good to you" theory...