Author Topic: Gary Payton & Rick Fox Traded to Celtics in 5 Player Deal  (Read 773 times)

Smoke

Re: Gary Payton & Rick Fox Traded to Celtics in 5 Player Deal
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2004, 02:03:02 AM »
The Lakers better have something in there back pocket, like a Jason Kidd trade.

Well it aint a bad deal at all. I mean Lakers are working to have a great team in 1-2 years (they'll probably try to sign Yao). . They really need just 1 step to be a great team: Yao. Let's hope we can sign him in 2 years.

pass the blunt folks. y'all dreamin'.

Well, not really. Kidd asked for a trade, and Lakers can easly get him, if they want. But i think they aint interested cause, if they sign him now, with his 5 years big contract, they'll have salary cap problems for the next 5 years. I think they're waiting for 2006/07 to sign Yao, man. He will be a free agent in 2 years, and with Rudy T as head coach and Kobe as a partner, i think we have good chances.

Smoke

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2004, 02:19:10 AM »
ABOUT THE DRAFT PICK..
The Celtics would not get the Lakers' first-round pick if the Lakers are in the draft lottery. If that happens, the Celtics get the Lakers' first-round pick in 2006. ;D

The actual roster of the Lakers

PLAYER HT P COMMENT
CHUCKY ATKINS 5-11 G Penciled in as the starting point guard.
MARCUS BANKS 6-2 G Intriguing player with speed but is also turnover-prone.
KOBE BRYANT 6-6 G It's his team now.
KAREEM RUSH 6-6 G Could be Bryant's top backup at shooting guard.
SASHA VUJACIC 6-7 G Rookie from Slovenia will get some time at the point.
CARON BUTLER 6-7 F Will be one of the first forwards off the bench.
BRIAN COOK 6-9 F After a quiet rookie season, it's uncertain how much playing time he'll get.
DEVEAN GEORGE 6-8 F Will probably miss the start of the season after undergoing ankle surgery last month.
BRIAN GRANT 6-9 F If Karl Malone decides to return, he'll start at power forward. If not, Grant gets the call.
SLAVA MEDVEDENKO 6-10 F Just re-signed for two more seasons, could be more of a factor in up-tempo offense.
LAMAR ODOM 6-10 F Could be the league's tallest small forward at 6 feet 10.
LUKE WALTON 6-8 F Had a notable rookie season, will need to fight for more playing time.
VLADE DIVAC 7-1 C Averaged only 9.9 points last season with the Kings, but happy to be back in L.A.
MARCUS DOUTHIT 6-11 C Unsigned second-round pick must deal with legal issues.
CHRIS MIHM 7-0 C Still a project after four years in the league, he will be Divac's backup.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2004, 05:12:45 AM »
i don't like this trade. boo!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

pappy

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2004, 10:19:26 AM »
I don't think it's the end of the world, but honestly, this trade was just a trade to trade. Chris Mihns? I would not get Chris Mihns in any trade what so ever. And it's the draft pick that gets me. Payton, ok his done, Fox, already retired. But that draft pick could be huge. Say next year a Nelson type player falls deep into the lottory, I'd be mad as hell if the Celtics, or anyone after them picks up that player. The other young players, basically trade bait anyways, because unless you can perform in L.A., they get rid of you quick. Players like Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambus, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, they stay with the Lakers because when they get playing time, they play good hard basketball. A Chris Mihns is not going to stay long. His going to play a little, suck, and might be used for 6 fouls when Shaq or Yao comes to town, and then move on next year. The Lakers don't take kindly to the Chris Mihns of the NBA, and hell even future Hall of Famers like Gary Payton get it too if they don't do well in that Forum Purple and Gold. So next year, or hell even before the year starts, some players will be moved. I just had a thought, is Rush any good at point guard, 'cause my man is a great player and the bench is not a good place for his talent. As for the scrubs we picked up, Chucky you cool, the other two, you better come correct or you'll go down with the other forgettable Lakers, 'cause if we can dump a Glen Rice and Gary Payton, imagion what we can do to towel wavers, unless of course you wave a towel like Mark Madson...  :D

Who the fuck is Chris Mihns? Do you even know him? It's Chris Mihm, and he's a nice player with hella potential...Have you ever even seen him play?
ive seen mihm play.  an there isnt full of hella potential.  what you see is what you get lol.  you say that about everybody that becomes a laker.  an once the leave they suck.

I actually always liked Chris Mihm...Now Luke Walton and Slava Medvadenko; them I don't like...So there goes your "all Lakers are good to you" theory...

lol all through the playoffs you were talkin about how great luke walton was goin to be.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2004, 01:03:34 PM »
I don't think it's the end of the world, but honestly, this trade was just a trade to trade. Chris Mihns? I would not get Chris Mihns in any trade what so ever. And it's the draft pick that gets me. Payton, ok his done, Fox, already retired. But that draft pick could be huge. Say next year a Nelson type player falls deep into the lottory, I'd be mad as hell if the Celtics, or anyone after them picks up that player. The other young players, basically trade bait anyways, because unless you can perform in L.A., they get rid of you quick. Players like Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambus, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, they stay with the Lakers because when they get playing time, they play good hard basketball. A Chris Mihns is not going to stay long. His going to play a little, suck, and might be used for 6 fouls when Shaq or Yao comes to town, and then move on next year. The Lakers don't take kindly to the Chris Mihns of the NBA, and hell even future Hall of Famers like Gary Payton get it too if they don't do well in that Forum Purple and Gold. So next year, or hell even before the year starts, some players will be moved. I just had a thought, is Rush any good at point guard, 'cause my man is a great player and the bench is not a good place for his talent. As for the scrubs we picked up, Chucky you cool, the other two, you better come correct or you'll go down with the other forgettable Lakers, 'cause if we can dump a Glen Rice and Gary Payton, imagion what we can do to towel wavers, unless of course you wave a towel like Mark Madson...  :D

Who the fuck is Chris Mihns? Do you even know him? It's Chris Mihm, and he's a nice player with hella potential...Have you ever even seen him play?
ive seen mihm play.  an there isnt full of hella potential.  what you see is what you get lol.  you say that about everybody that becomes a laker.  an once the leave they suck.

I actually always liked Chris Mihm...Now Luke Walton and Slava Medvadenko; them I don't like...So there goes your "all Lakers are good to you" theory...

lol all through the playoffs you were talkin about how great luke walton was goin to be.

Wrong person, buddy...I might have said he has potential, but he sucks now.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2004, 08:44:09 AM »
I think all of you are looking at what these players have done in the past.  Sure GP is known for having great defensive abilities and a quick first step.  Sure Rick Fox is known for knocking down clutch shots.  But it's all about "what have you done for me lately?"  Where has Fox been the last two years?  The last couple of years he's been outplayed by both Walton and George.  Don't even let me get started with GP.  In every playoff series last year, the Laker's weak point was at the point guard position.  He made Tony Parker look like Jesus in sneakers for two games.  Then when the Lakers started switching up on defense and he went back to his normal self.  Stevie Franchise is good but not as good as GP was making him look.  To top it off... who was the Final's MVP last year?  Is it a coincidence that it's the guy GP was supposed to be guarding?  I doubt it.  Chauncey is OK but is he Final's MVP material?  I doubt that too.  Unless you have GP guarding him.  So basically, I don't think this deal is as bad as it sounds.  The Laker's needed some size and they traded their overrated/overpayed players to get that.  Not bad if you ask me.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2004, 04:18:55 PM »
I personally feel this is a bad trade for the Lakers. But not enough to bump them from playoff contention.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2004, 04:24:57 PM »
GP lost a step defensively, Fox is old and wont even fit in the young team that is full of 3s.

Bad trade? Come on be  serious how much would GP and Fox contribute to this new team?  They have a solid young team.  We'll see

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2004, 08:27:31 AM »
lol.. now Fox and Payton are going to retire... LMAO  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1860572
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2004, 09:26:35 AM »
Boston got fucked over. lol.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2004, 09:37:52 AM »
Boston got fucked over. lol.

Big Time.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2004, 10:29:05 AM »
ok..mitch got bitch slapped by ainge sad...The trade was amended last friday if ya'll didnt know cause GP refused to show up for his physical within the 1 week deadline required by teams. Ainge wanted banks and the 2nd round pick back and mitch's retarded ass complied...

so now the deal is mihm, atkins, and jurmaine jones SF (he's worse than george if thats possible) for payton, fox, and a 1st round pick

only reason i liked this trade was because banks was included..now the lakers lose a defensive/athletic/young with plenty of upside pg (banks was the main player the lakers wanted according to mitch)....so back to square one with the team overloaded at sf I assume the lakers plan to have 5 sf's out on the floor..scary thought

mitch kupcake got played by one of the worst GM's in the league, gp will play for the celtics or they will trade him for players
sad...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 10:38:41 AM by mikeOG »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2004, 01:40:30 PM »
Mitch Kupchak is one dumb mutherfucker...He coulda' just kept Marcus Banks, but he's retarded...

So Lakers basically just traded Marcus Banks and a 2nd Round pick for Jumain Jones...Fucking morons.

Smoke

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2004, 02:39:23 PM »
ok..mitch got bitch slapped by ainge sad...

What? Ainge got cash + a conditional 1st round pick.
Lakers got Mihm, Atkins and Jones.

They aint great players (just decent), but Celtics got NOTHING.

Cause Payton will NOT play for them, and Fox is already discussing to retire with the team (it's 100% sure).

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2004, 03:44:24 PM »
they have payton's rights for a year...so unless he retires (even if he takes the year off, celtics own his rights for a year) they can do whatever they want..maybe he will cool down and eventually play for them or they can trade his rights for picks and players..or maybe it was planned cause all he did was miss the physical and he hasnt been injured in some time..

I truley doubt payton will retire..its a bluff, mitch got played

just admit it, not that hard to see.