Author Topic: when you think of overrated mc's...  (Read 638 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: when you think of overrated mc's...
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2004, 01:51:44 AM »
Jay-z - he's got some tight songs and all but seriously he's no where near one of the all time greats....IMO he's just good at picking producers

50 cent- i genuinely like the dude, but he's weak and kinda always has been, How to rob was cool cuz it was different not cuz it was written well.

Missy Elliot-i don't get how people say "she's an innovator" when i see people doing some shit that she does 6 months before she does it.

Jadakiss-like homie said above...a couple hot songs don't make you a legend, maybe an elite MC in today's rap scene...but then again that's not saying much AT ALL when you think of all the bullshit that's floating around .

about common- id on't think he's overrated , because he does what he does and he does it well...but there's no denying what he does is corny and 'try-hard'

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jome

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2004, 04:04:24 AM »
^I knew yo g-g-g-groupie ass was gone say somethin about that

Shut your wannabe baby gangsta ass up.
Platinum = Success, end of story.

Nelly makes some wack ass CD's, but he goes multi platinum, so they're labeled successes.
The quality doesn't have anthing to say, you sell albums = means you didn't flop.

basically, adding to being overrated. People were expecting a tight ass album, and they all bought a weak album with a couple of decent songs. Huge hype, weak album = flop

No.
The album might have been disappointing to you and some, but that's not equal to flopping, esp. when you're platinum.

A few select people didn't like Dre's 2001, does that mean it flopped.. ?
No.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2004, 04:51:29 AM »
Jome: I hope dickryding becomes a sport. I got faith you'd be rich.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2004, 07:08:43 AM »
ha ha that shit is so true

Peep game homie, when it comes to being overrate, that means someone is not as good as we all thing, regardless of sales. Now Lloyd Banks, I like him. I got his CD, couldn't wait to listen to it. I was all excited. I was one of his platnum buyers... lol. But just because I bought the CD, doesn't mean I liked it. Same goes with many people. His overrated. We all thought he'd be tight, and his CD was a dissappointment. In terms of living up to his promised, he flopped. His CD was average at best, as his album doesn't justify his sales. My G-Unit loving cousin didn't like the CD. Of course right now his discovering Murs, Immortal Technique, Supernatural, and many other rappers that'll keep him away from mainstream for a while so who knows if he'll be a G-Unit fan anymore. The botomline is his CD was just average, if even that. He sold over 1,000,000 copies, so 1,000,000 people bought that CD thinking it was going to be tight. Now with Nelly, you can't call him a flop, he releases a second CD, and people bought it 'cause the liked the first. You can't compare Nelly to Lloyd. As for Dre, well whatever you release, some people wouldn't like it. But, most people like Dre, most people were dissappointed in Lloyd. Huge difference. Get over it, until Lloyd Banks releases a good album, his overrated.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2004, 10:57:30 AM »
i don't see how Jome is dickridin. You don't usually use the word 'flop' for sumthin that did great commercially but that u were disappointed in personally. "Nellyville" wasn't a flop either...so actually his point is correct. And no, I'm not a fan of that album, I didn't even bother to listen to the whole thing. I agree on Banks bein overrated

Jome

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2004, 11:44:35 AM »

LMAO
How's that blood gangbang shit going down in Toronto btw.. ??

Just because I break down the term "flop" for you, I'm dickriding.. ??
Moron, trying to change the topic.. didn't work.

In terms of living up to his promised, he flopped.

Why didn't you say so in the first place !?!?

Get over it, until Lloyd Banks releases a good album, his overrated.

Get over it?, get over what?, lmao, you think I give a shit what other people think..
I'm just here to explain to you the difference between "flop", "overrated" and "disappointment".
They're not the same.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2004, 11:55:38 AM »
Talib

How is Talib overrated. Every verse he spits, there is at least one line in there that makes me go :o

I agree with Jake La Motta about Missy Elliot, I fail to see how she is such an innovator, half of her shit is plain annoying more than anything. Its no wonder no one else is doing the stuff she's doing, because her stuff is wack.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2004, 12:54:49 AM »
Talib

How is Talib overrated. Every verse he spits, there is at least one line in there that makes me go :o

Nate Dogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2004, 05:45:40 AM »
50, Jay-Z, Missy, Jada, Fab, Lil Wayne, Nelly, Kanye all very over rated but I can't believe no ones said Snoop he hasn't ever lived up to the standard of Doggystyle.

mauzip

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2004, 06:02:42 AM »
I agree with Jake La Motta about Missy Elliot, I fail to see how she is such an innovator, half of her shit is plain annoying more than anything. Its no wonder no one else is doing the stuff she's doing, because her stuff is wack.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2004, 08:00:43 AM »
50, Jay-Z, Missy, Jada, Fab, Lil Wayne, Nelly, Kanye all very over rated but I can't believe no ones said Snoop he hasn't ever lived up to the standard of Doggystyle.

because it's like Nas, when a artist puts out a debut classic, it's unfair to judge them by that. The simple fact is Doggystyle is a classic, Top Dogg, Last Meal, Doggfather, they were all good albums, The Game Is To Be Told Not Sold and Paid The Cost To Be The Boss both sucked, so what you have is an artist that puts out good albums when he decides not to name them long ass names, and he came out with a classic his first time out. The Eastsidaz albums where both really good, and there you go, as long as your not calling him GOAT, which not even the hardest Snoop dickryder calls him, you have a legendary artist with a good catalog to back up that claim.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2004, 09:05:18 AM »
nuthin to add there

and M Dogg, the hardest Snoop dickriders DO label him the GOAT and there's enuff of them. Two or three months ago there was that topic in the main section statin exactly that. Matter of fact it was called "Snoop = GOAT"

DAYUM

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2004, 03:55:38 PM »
M Doggs an idiot dont listen to him

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2004, 07:19:19 PM »
nuthin to add there

and M Dogg, the hardest Snoop dickriders DO label him the GOAT and there's enuff of them. Two or three months ago there was that topic in the main section statin exactly that. Matter of fact it was called "Snoop = GOAT"

I usually don't count the board as a valid place of peoples opinion, because too many of them are under 16 and don't know enough about hip-hop to have a real opinion. Now some youngsters know they shit, but most don't. But I live in Cali, and to say there's a lot of Snoop dickriders is to be a huge understatement. I know lots and lots of Snoopy dickriders, but most will tell you 2Pac is the GOAT. Maybe it's just a Cali thing though to call 'Pac GOAT no matter what  :-\

Sikotic™

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2004, 10:27:43 PM »

Kanye West - there was only about 5 tracks I was feelin on his album. and its sad when ur your own biggest fan

LMAO

Def Jadakiss. Dude fuckin sucks ass.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE