Author Topic: Olympics Basketball: Puerto Rico 92, United States 73  (Read 1494 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Olympics Basketball: Puerto Rico 92, United States 73
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2004, 12:41:46 AM »
Everyone else who turned it down are fuckin pussies.

Oh yea...Kobe and Malone are pussies, even though Kobe has a rape trial to attend, and Malone has a major knee injury. ::)

eS El Duque

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2004, 12:47:46 AM »
I still don't know how anyone could ever play against the 3 greatest players ever. We have Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan, and all we have playing is Duncan.

LMAO

wow... you quoted that to make it seem like I'm calling Shaq Duncan and Kobe the greatest players ever... lol. I was typing really quick going from the Dream Team, Mike, Magic and Bird, then talking about today. I was speedy on the boards today... lol

lol...thats betta

Anyone remember the 1936 Olympics  ;D?? berlin? HERE'S THE DREAM TEAM..beat the shit out of cananda 19-8..thats a HUGE WIN!

Basketball made its first appearance as an Olympic sport in Berlin and with Dr. James Naismith in attendance, Canada loses only one game on their way to a silver medal. That silver medal is the last medal ever won by a Canadian team at the Summer Olympics. The victory by the United States over Canada, 19-8 in the final, began a 62 game winning streak by the Americans in basketball.

Smoke

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2004, 02:12:46 AM »
No offense to the European game, but it sucks donkey balls. It's boring, and when compared to a true American Dream Team, they got whopped by an average of 40 points.

I disagree. Coach Brown, a player who knows the game, a very good coach, maybe the only one good coach you have there for international game, said yesterday that here in Europe we play basketball the way the game is supposed to be played. The way Malone and Stock used to play it. The old school way. Now, in the States, it's enought to have a big body like Shaq or to jump over people like Carter to be MVP and win the title. They dont play basketball in the States, it's a continuos 1 on 1 with 4 other players watching the go-to-guy. The only defence you can do it man to man (you dont even know how to defend on zone!), so you can never stop Shaq. It's embarassing. You cant just use your dribble's ability when you play against European zone. You cant just give the ball inside to Shaq/Duncan when you play against European zone. You cant dunk over 2 guys when you play against European zone. You have to play intelligent basketball, and defeat it. Maybe you dont know, but here we use zone defence only for about 5-10 mins a game. I'm not joking. Cause good teams knows how to beat it. It's good for particular moments, but everybody knows how to defeat it (3pts, jumpshots, fast passes, etc). Against USA? Italy has played zone for 40 mins, and you've never understood how to beat it!!!!!!!! That's what i'm talking about!! It's not that our game is boring. It's more intellingent. We dont have Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac and KG here in Europe. So here it's rare to see people dunking like them, celebrating like them. But here we play REAL basketball. There, you play playground basketball. If you take a great player from playground, he can play very well in the NBA too (it happened).

I agree with Javier, we need to have players stay in college, so they can devolpe, instead of do a few moves to get in the NBA. Or players are not ready to be in the NBA, let alone the world game.

In College they play an European-style basketball, that's why. There is no Shaq, no T-Mac, no Kobe in College. Coach K is a coach who can coach in Europe too. Very good coach. That's why people are saying "College guys are better". Cause they learn how to defend on zone, how to attack the zone, how to make the right play (and not only how to dribble and dunk), how to defend 1 on 1 (not only trying to steal the ball)... You know what i mean? That's why i prefeer NCAA to NBA. There you see real basketball. With real coaches.

I still like the NBA champion idea, but if not, well, fuck it, get some real players. Too bad we only had one Dream Team, I still don't know how anyone could ever play against the 3 greatest players ever. We have Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan, and all we have playing is Duncan. Oh, and for Shaq winning all the titles, He would too in Europe. When we had Shaq in the national team, he dominated the other countries like he was Godzilla in Japan. It's Shaqzilla!!! Shaqzilla!!!

Obviously when you put Kobe and Shaq on the floor, you have more guns, and it's almost impossible to beat that team. Well.. if you make Europe vs USA... maybe.... :P

Don Seer

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2004, 05:27:55 AM »
so reading between the lines of what ya'll are saying.. the NBA is filled with selfish showboaters?

Smoke

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2004, 06:51:30 AM »
After Sunday's loss to Puerto Rico, what will the US Men team win at the Olympics?

Gold  27%
Silver  6%
Bronze  15%
No medal  52%
Total Votes: 73409
ESPN.com

;D ;D ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2004, 08:47:48 AM »
I saw the game. Shit was fucking hilarious. Me and my dad laughed our ass off during the most parts of it. The problem of Team USA is that they cant make a shot whatsoever.  5-for-41 outside the paint shooting, this is far beyond horrible. You have to get the ball to the only reliable player, who isnt true american by the way. Give him his 25-30 shots, and things should become better. Plus dont cry about how many players didnt join the Team. God dammit, Peja and Divac didnt join their Teams either. You simply aint that good. Deal with it like men, not like whining, ignorant pussies.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2004, 10:06:23 AM »
yea laugh it up...whats funnier is that most of america could really give a fuck about the USA team.  I am "whining" at the actual system. 

eS El Duque

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2004, 12:32:28 PM »
In College they play an European-style basketball, that's why. There is no Shaq, no T-Mac, no Kobe in College. Coach K is a coach who can coach in Europe too. Very good coach. That's why people are saying "College guys are better". Cause they learn how to defend on zone, how to attack the zone, how to make the right play (and not only how to dribble and dunk), how to defend 1 on 1 (not only trying to steal the ball)... You know what i mean? That's why i prefeer NCAA to NBA. There you see real basketball. With real coaches.

Coach K has Sheldon Williams  ;D (I'm a Big Duke fan)...Williams is a Shaq player compared to other NCAA players

Smoke

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2004, 02:29:05 PM »

Coach K has Sheldon Williams  ;D (I'm a Big Duke fan)...Williams is a Shaq player compared to other NCAA players

Yeah, and Germany has Nowitsky, Spain has Gasol, Lithuania had Sabonis, etc..
The point is he doesnt have ONLY him. ;)

Smoke

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2004, 02:33:23 PM »
Anyway USA just defeated Greece by 6, if i remember well. Now they have 2 points.

GROUP A W L
Spain 2 0
Argentina 1 1
China 1 1
Italy 1 1
Serbia-Montenegro 1 1
New Zealand 0 2

GROUP B W L
Lithuania 2 0
Australia 1 1
Greece 1 1
Puerto Rico 1 1
United States 1 1
Angola 0 2

Shit, Italy lost by 2 with Serbia! :'(
If we went 2-0 we were pratically in the next round! :-\

THURSDAY'S
GAMES 2 a.m. ET - Serbia-Montenegro vs. New Zealand (TV: MSNBC)
4:15 a.m. ET - Italy vs. Spain
7:30 a.m. ET - United States vs. Australia (TV: USA)
9:45 a.m. ET - Puerto Rico vs. Angola
1 p.m ET - Argentina vs. China (TV: MSNBC)
3:15 p.m. ET - Greece vs. Lithuania

Smoke

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2004, 02:36:13 PM »
My prediction:

GROUP A
Spain, Argentina, Italy/China & Serbia-Montenegro. 90% sure.

GROUP B
Lithuania, Australia, Greece & United States. 99% sure.

Group A is hella harder tho.

Italy vs China will be THE MATCH who'll really make a difference. The other teams i think are pretty sure to go to the next round.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2004, 02:56:12 PM »
Group A >>>>>>>>>>> Group B

if USA was in Group A they prolly wouldnt make it past the group phase.

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Smoke

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2004, 03:02:52 PM »
Group A >>>>>>>>>>> Group B

if USA was in Group A they prolly wouldnt make it past the group phase.

No fucking doubts about it.

Group B has Angola and Puerto Rico (LMAO) who will easly finish to be eliminated.

Group A has NOBODY that dumb (2 between New Zealand, Italy and China will be eliminated. But they all can beat USA).

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2004, 12:33:40 AM »

Oh yea...Kobe and Malone are pussies, even though Kobe has a rape trial to attend, and Malone has a major knee injury. ::)

my bad, i mean...if youre a Laker or Former Laker....its ok. lol.

Kobe has a pass...i dont think a rapist should be representing the country in the olympics anyways lol. And Malone...thank GOD for the knee injury, now we have a chance at the gold....*whew*

eS El Duque

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2004, 12:40:19 AM »

my bad, i mean...if youre a Laker or Former Laker....its ok. lol.

Kobe has a pass...i dont think a rapist should be representing the country in the olympics anyways lol. And Malone...thank GOD for the knee injury, now we have a chance at the gold....*whew*

Malone is wicked, shut the fuck up mayne!