Author Topic: More Question from Nas & Common  (Read 108 times)

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
More Question from Nas & Common
« on: August 17, 2004, 09:07:37 AM »
Jada continues to ask 'Why', gets Nas & Common to assisst.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Now that his career has gone to the next level with "Why," Jadakiss says he has more questions — and a couple of friends with some queries of their own.

"I'm working on [a remix] now," Kiss said last week at the MTV offices. "I'm supposed to throw Common and Nas on there. I might throw Jill Scott on the hook if I don't leave Anthony [Hamilton] on there. I don't want to do it too differently; I want to leave the same track and have a couple of artists I love asking some different questions — Common, Nas and a new verse from Kiss".

Jadakiss recently devised some words to the wise for his verse on the Babyface-produced all-star single, "Wake Up Everybody," which is being recorded to raise awareness about the importance of voting.

"I did 16 or 12 bars on the 'Wake Up' song," Jada explained. "It's a good look. I remember when I came out of the [vocal] booth, [Babyface's wife] Tracey Edmonds was like, 'You slaughtered it.' I didn't even hear it yet. It took a while for them to put it together and it has wild artists on there.

"They did that song like 'We Are the World,' actually the same setup," he added. "First you go in and record your lyrics, then they film the video right there afterwards. When I did my part, Babyface was there, Tracey was there, Claudette [Ortiz] was there doing her vocals. All this stuff is new for me. It's like I'm a new artist that's getting an old-artist push. That's what I need. I'm just going to stay hungry and keep the album moving. Keep going hard."

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: More Question from Nas & Common
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 12:27:31 PM »
"Why" is one horrible attempt at trying to be profound. 
Poor Jada
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 10:04:54 AM »
Why is everone hatin' on why?
Why you hate on the guy?
Why don't you give it a try?
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 01:02:54 PM »
"Why" is one horrible attempt at trying to be profound. 
Poor Jada

yep, first time i hardly listened to the lyrics i was like "nice", but when i paid attention to them i realized how wack it is content-wise...i guess he ain't that versatile