Author Topic: Snoop Dogg And Tha Eastsidaz  (Read 628 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Snoop Dogg And Tha Eastsidaz
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 10:20:22 PM »
On Cali Iz Active Nate is featured on 2 tracks...but he's just going OhhhhOwwww!! on one and Ohhhhhhoohhhhhoohhhhhh on the other!! I always suspected this was because he was in contract elsewhere and couldn't drop a track or a full verse...could be totally wrong though. :-\
I believe it was a budget issue. Koch didn't give Dogg Pound much of a budget for that album.

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 11:32:12 PM »
I think that's what happened with so so gangsta too. Nate was apparently owed 50k for hooks so his songs didn't make the cut..

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 11:39:15 PM »
I think that's what happened with so so gangsta too. Nate was apparently owed 50k for hooks so his songs didn't make the cut..
Nah, the "So So Gangsta" thing was something Daz said once on his website that got spun out of control. It was before Dogg Pound Gangsta LP (I believe 2004 or so) and someone asked why he don't work with Nate Dogg anymore and he said something like Nate wanted 50 grand for a guest spot.

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 12:54:24 AM »
Cool homie thanks for the info 8)

Okka

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 02:34:15 AM »
Tray Dee will be too old ....

He will be too old to do what? Rap? I didn't know there's an age limit when it comes to makin' music.

Well I dont know.. but being 50 something and rapping about gangsta stuff is kind of weird to me, just my opinion

You think he isn't credible or somethin' like that? If his flow and voice is still good, there's nothin' wrong with him spittin'.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 08:34:35 AM »
Nah, the "So So Gangsta" thing was something Daz said once on his website that got spun out of control. It was before Dogg Pound Gangsta LP (I believe 2004 or so) and someone asked why he don't work with Nate Dogg anymore and he said something like Nate wanted 50 grand for a guest spot.

yup, Daz dissed Nate on his website back then

Mista Rosa

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »

yup, Daz dissed Nate on his website back then

Back in the days Nate would do hooks for the Dogg Pound then they would produce Nate songs, favor for a favor, then Nate starts fucking with other producers, Fredwreck, bink, damizza etc.. so he would then charge Daz, DPG members. Too bad because Daz produced some of Nate's best songs in my opininon.
I wonder how he did with Warren G ? Don't think he would charge him (3 apparences on "Midnite hour" when it was released in 05 independant).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:20:11 AM by Mista Rosa »
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

So Much Style

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »
nate always did his thug thizzle! peace@!
So much style back at it again

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 02:45:16 AM »
nate always did his thug thizzle! peace@!

he did what

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »
I'd love to see another Eastsidaz album. In the last 10-12, two of Snoop's best albums are those two Eastsidaz ones.

The best thing for me would be if they roped Battlecat in to produce the lion share of the beats again, because his west coast sound and input is one of the main reasons why I loved the first two LPs so much.

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.soundcloud.com/ludwigschuler
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 01:49:54 AM »
Nate Dogg didnt do much with Tha Eastsidaz but the few he did are all classics.

Lets Go
Welcome To The House
Bottom Girl

A new album would be dope. Im still listening to Friday Night almost every day.