Author Topic: An Islamic perspective on Mase (a Christian preacher) returning to hip-hop  (Read 265 times)

infinite59

No one should be suprised.  And how is Mase, as a preacher much different from any other rapper?  Just cause he doesn't cuss?  Is that what Christianity means today, not cussing?

Christianity has dilluted itself so much from it's origional form, and marganalized itself so severely (many Christian churches physically have an American flag raised higher then they raise the cross) nowadays, America's vain and materialistic culture, doesn't stray far from modern Christianity.

"Noble Qu'ran: 4:31 ...."(Women) should lower their gaze and gaurd thier modesty: that will make for greater purity for them; that they should not display their beauty and their ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear.  They should draw thier viels over their bosoms and not display their beauty except for their husbands, their fathers, their husbands fathers, their sons, their husbands sons, their brothers or their brothers sons" 

For example, as a Muslim (^^^), I thought it would have been considered displeasing to God for Mase to have beautiful women, barely dressed, dancing around, smiling seductively in his video.  But then again, that's how women look in church!  The preacher's wife and daughter dress like that in chuch!  Women put on their "sunday best" (which means a dress that shows cleavage, shoulder's, and legs) and flirt with other men in the congregation.  So really that isn't much different than the Mase video.

"Noble Qu'ran 111:2,3-- No profit to him from all his wealth and all his gains...Burnt soon will he be in a fire of blazing flame"[/i]

Also, as a Muslim, I would think promoting materialism, by driving around expensive cars and bragging about money, would be displeasing to God.  But then when you think about it, alot of preachers drive around expensive cars.  I worked with a preacher and I asked him why he was working an extra job on the side, and he said to save up for this expensive mercedes that he wanted.  Really, I don't think materialism is considered a sin in today's revised, capatalist influenced version of Christianity, where they've tried to commericalize Jesus at every turn. 

There is a reason why Christianity has strayed so far from it's origional form to where these things are acceptable and fair-seeming.  Really, Paul founded Christianity.  Christianity was founded many years after Christ's death.  Jesus (who really was a man, a human being, a prophet and messenger) prayed to God and asked God for assistance.  Jesus only talk and spoke of worshipping God and never, ever, taught others to (stakfer Allah) worship him!  Even in the ten commandments of the Old Testament it says "Don't ascribe partners to God!"  Jesus never asked to be attributed to a trinity, or given partnership with God.  These are fake teachings created by people who have strayed far away from the straight path.

But the Noble Qu'ran, exists today in it's origional form as Allah revealed it to Muhammad.  It comes with a guarantee that the Arabic of the Noble Qu'ran will never be corrupted and will be perserved because Muhammad is the last of the messengers and prophets.

And I don't want to hear any replies about rappers who talk about "Allah" and being "Muslim", because the majority of those rappers are admittedly members of the Five Percent Nation of Gods and Earths or followers of Minister Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam.  Both of these organizations are admittedly not traditional Muslims, and these are offshoot organizations that promote black nationalism.  They don't even claim to represent Islam as it is practiced universally.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 08:38:06 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

teecee

Really Hajj, you need to stop tripping off religion, all it does is make people judge each other harshly and it only divides everyone.  For instance, i am sure you were a lot more accepting of others before you became a devoted muslim, and i am not saying christians are any better because alot of them are very judgemental as well.  Remember that we are all brothers and if you are always judging others you are doing very little to help your fellow man.  I  know you were once a lost soul (i remember a thread you did about suicide once) and i am happy that you have found a solid base in your life, i hope all is well.  But these threads are doing very little for anyone, besides allowing us to see how judgemental and narrow minded you have become........and i am not trying to be an asshole, i wish the best for you,  but to be honest this is getting ridiculous.  NO hard feelings man,    teecee

Mase Is The Future

Yeah so what Ma$e isn't a muslim, bitch.

Ma$e has beautiful women in his video, but doesn't allow slutty ones.
He says that material things aren't the most important thing on his album.

Shut yo' preachin' ass up.

Suga Foot

Really Hajj, you need to stop tripping off religion, all it does is make people judge each other harshly and it only divides everyone.  For instance, i am sure you were a lot more accepting of others before you became a devoted muslim, and i am not saying christians are any better because alot of them are very judgemental as well.  Remember that we are all brothers and if you are always judging others you are doing very little to help your fellow man.  I  know you were once a lost soul (i remember a thread you did about suicide once) and i am happy that you have found a solid base in your life, i hope all is well.  But these threads are doing very little for anyone, besides allowing us to see how judgemental and narrow minded you have become........and i am not trying to be an asshole, i wish the best for you,  but to be honest this is getting ridiculous.  NO hard feelings man,    teecee

Finally!

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
yeah, yeah, yeah, whateva!!!
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
its funny to me , how he came back to give a msg, and all i see him rapping about is money, and material things

Montana00

I actually agree with alot of what your saying.  Mase is trying to get popular by playing off jesus and his religion. He's saying "I dont cuss", but christianity isnt only about not cussing. You have to live a lifestyle according to God, which flaunting money and hoes really isnt Godly.

Mase Is The Future

I actually agree with alot of what your saying.  Mase is trying to get popular by playing off jesus and his religion. He's saying "I dont cuss", but christianity isnt only about not cussing. You have to live a lifestyle according to God, which flaunting money and hoes really isnt Godly.

Hoes? He has models dancing normally, all properly dressed in his video, and Ma$e hasn't been swiping his Visa through any of their asses.
How is he playing off jesus and his religion when he doesn't talk about jesus at ALL except for the Jesus Walks remixes and a few lines in ONE song on his album.

eS El Duque

Thank you!

*plays Mase - I Owe*

teecee

If anyone would actually pay attention to mase, he doesnt really have plans to be all preachy and shit, he didnt want to center his whole album around stuff about god..........he wanted to make a fun album without negativity, which is exactly what he did.  He is not your typical christian from what i can tell, he doesnt try to fit the stereotype we all have in our mind of a pastor, and for that i commend him because it is obvious he is doing his thing and is trying to show others there is more to life in a way that isnt overly aggresive or forthcoming.  Id rather him do that then ram it down our throats and condemn everyone from the rap world who is living wrong

i like the fact that mase is not being judgemental, that he is open to working with anyone as he sees the good in people and doesnt try to force his beliefs on people.   Which is a lot more than i can say for what Hajj is doing.............

teecee

And Rampant, who are we to say what is GODLY OR UNGODLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    WOW, all you guys are caught up in how religion is supposed to be, and are so quick to condemn mase cuz he isnt a typical christian.  Yeah, he has money and he likes it and flaunts it, but he also thanks god for it among other things, and as for oes he does not say ONE BAD THING about a bitch on his whole album, and the girls in his video are hardly scantily clad.

and i am not even a devout christian or even close to mase's number one fan, i just think people are neing real ignorant and
close- minded about this, its pretty sad actually and shows what evils organized religion can bring to our society if we are not careful and dont use our own minds to form our own opinions             peace

Montana00

And Rampant, who are we to say what is GODLY OR UNGODLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    WOW, all you guys are caught up in how religion is supposed to be, and are so quick to condemn mase cuz he isnt a typical christian.  Yeah, he has money and he likes it and flaunts it, but he also thanks god for it among other things, and as for oes he does not say ONE BAD THING about a bitch on his whole album, and the girls in his video are hardly scantily clad.

and i am not even a devout christian or even close to mase's number one fan, i just think people are neing real ignorant and
close- minded about this, its pretty sad actually and shows what evils organized religion can bring to our society if we are not careful and dont use our own minds to form our own opinions             peace
Im going to assume your slow, so ill use small words. Who is to say whats UnGodly or Godly? Hmm.....lemme think this is hard. if i had to guess i think id have to go with.....The Bible.  If you say your a christian you follow the Word of the Bible. If your not a typical christian, then you arent really a christian then. Because typical Christians follow the Bible.

Do you see how this is all connected or would you like me to draw a picture with puppies?

The Watcher

another bullshit thread
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

Mase is playing off his religion, but I don't see any bit of double standards in his rhymes.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

Ultimately: Lets just not worry about what Mase is doing and worry about what the hell WE'RE doing.  Mase ain't going to listen to us, and we all fuck up so many times ourselves that it isn't our responsibility, or anything less than hypocricy to say 1 damn thing about what he does.  He seems like a nice guy, and I like hearing him rap, so he's o.k. in my book.  Then again, my book isn't the one that counts, so posts like this are nothing but negativity.  Ultimately, when you point your finger @ somebody Habib, there's 3 pointing back @ you.